Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-12-2022, 04:33 PM   #1

GR IIIx, temporary Autofocus (AF) when in Manual Focus (MF) mode?

Hello fellow GR-istas,
I just received a GR IIIx thinking to upgrade from my GR II and have a question.

With the GR II I very often use the camera in manual focus mode and perform one-button focusing with the button of the C-FA/AEL,AFL toggle. This has become a prime way of operating for me as it allows me to set the focus fixed at a distance where the action is for multiple shots.

How can this be done with the GR III or GR IIIx? As this toggle button has now disappeared it seems there is no more way to perform a one-time auto focus while in MF mode - or is there?

12-12-2022, 06:31 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
You can assign the fn button to switch to a different (auto) focus mode or double tap the screen for a focus point.
12-13-2022, 01:50 PM   #3
knk

Original Poster
Thanks @aaacb!
I found another nice approach in Samuel Streetlife’s video. He illustrates how to decouple AF from the shutter button while being in AF mode and instead map ‘enable AF’ to the FN button to crate back-button focus on the GR III/GR III X.
I think that is w what I was looking for.