Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
12-21-2022, 10:50 AM   #1

GR3 lens correction values for Lightroom 5.7?

Hi,

does anybody have the values for the GR3 (28mm) lens correction values for Lightroom 5.7? I will not switch LR versions, please don't suggest to upgrade.

Thanks in advance!

Herb

12-21-2022, 11:15 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gbl Quote
Hi,

does anybody have the values for the GR3 (28mm) lens correction values for Lightroom 5.7? I will not switch LR versions, please don't suggest to upgrade.

Thanks in advance!

Herb
I take your comments to mean you don’t want to do the subscription and give Adobe money every month for as long as you both shall live.

But what about buying DXOPhotolab?
12-21-2022, 11:33 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Final stand alone version of Lightroom, 6.14 is still available through 31 December, 2023.

End of Support | Lightroom 6 Downloads and Syncing
12-21-2022, 12:36 PM   #4
gbl

Original Poster
I paid for Lightroom 5.7. It does everything I want and need. I need my money to go places.

12-21-2022, 12:59 PM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

Do you need DCP files that contains info about GR III and IIIx?
Download here. I hope you know where they should be placed.

Update your browser to use Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, Sites, Slides, and Forms - Google Drive Help
12-21-2022, 01:05 PM   #6
gbl

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Medex Quote
Do you need DCP files that contains info about GR III and IIIx?
Download here. I hope you know where they should be placed.

Update your browser to use Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, Sites, Slides, and Forms - Google Drive Help
Exactly what I need. Thanks so much!
12-21-2022, 01:47 PM - 1 Like   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gbl Quote
Exactly what I need. Thanks so much!
Welcome!

12-21-2022, 02:30 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bladerunner6 Quote
I take your comments to mean you don’t want to do the subscription and give Adobe money every month for as long as you both shall live
The subscription model is not to everyone's liking. But there are a number of points in its favour.

Over time you will pay about the same as in the old days when if you wanted to buy the latest version you had to pay upgrade price each time.

Subscription model offers you incremental upgrades quicker than the old model did. Typically 3 or 4 a year. In addition you get a major upgrade about once a year.

I understand that for some, they are happy to use the older software without the updated features. There are plenty of free and payware products that will fit that bill including some Adobe offerings.

The subscription model is a fact of life. Even my pet-care operates this way.
12-21-2022, 02:56 PM   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
The subscription model is not to everyone's liking. But there are a number of points in its favour.

Over time you will pay about the same as in the old days when if you wanted to buy the latest version you had to pay upgrade price each time.

Subscription model offers you incremental upgrades quicker than the old model did. Typically 3 or 4 a year. In addition you get a major upgrade about once a year.

I understand that for some, they are happy to use the older software without the updated features. There are plenty of free and payware products that will fit that bill including some Adobe offerings.

The subscription model is a fact of life. Even my pet-care operates this way.
The points in its favor are overwhelmingly in the seller of the subscription.

They absolutely don’t do it to save us money. They do it to get more money from us.

I will continue to buy software like DXO that offers great performance and saves me money.

People really underestimate how much money they are spending on the “affordable payment plans”.

https://budgetbakers.com/us-subscriptions-spend/
12-21-2022, 03:25 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

They absolutely don’t do it to save us mone
I never said they did.

They do it to get more money from us
They actually do it because a steady identifiable income stream is worth more to a company than an ad-hoc income stream, even if the latter is ultimately more profitable.

For anyone who signs up they are limited to one year, not until they die.

As I said earlier, the model is not for everyone.
12-21-2022, 05:35 PM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
I never said they did.

They actually do it because a steady identifiable income stream is worth more to a company than an ad-hoc income stream, even if the latter is ultimately more profitable.

For anyone who signs up they are limited to one year, not until they die.

As I said earlier, the model is not for everyone.
I will concede that for some companies a steady income stream is more desirable but the overwhelming reason is it helps them acquire more money.

And yes, you never said that and I didn’t say you did.

I will say this explicitly: 401K programs and other automatic investments that also have growth on the principal are unquestionably builders of wealth.

Conversely programs that automatically take money and prevent it from growing prevent us from accumulating wealth. “Low monthly” car payments, an “easy payment plan” on an $1700 phone, Adobe, Netflix, etc all suck money painlessly from us.

And that leaves people impoverished.

I am not saying we should buy none of these services but people need to realize how dreadfully expensive all this stuff really is and make an informed decision on it.

I used the same version of Photoshop Elements for six years. I have been using the same version of DXO for five years.

And my vet is not on a “easy to afford” payment plan. There are many caring vets, I would be surprised if you couldn’t find a sincere and more affordable one.

Look, I am finished with this topic.

I wish everyone a joyous holiday season.
12-21-2022, 05:56 PM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

And that leaves people impoverished.
Whether it is a car loan, or a phone, there are many different options to choose. None are forced upon you.

There are many caring vets, I would be surprised if you couldn’t find a sincere and more affordable one
My vet is an extremely caring one I have been with for 10 years. The subscription model they run in concert with a finance company saves me a small amount of money because the constituent parts of the package if paid for separately would cost more than the annual subscriptions.

But this is off topic now and I agree, no more needs to be said.