Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 217 Likes Search this Thread
11-30-2011, 08:48 AM   #1516
Veteran Member

This discrimination, if it was a male it wouldn't give so much commotion!
They are just breasts, what's wrong with them?
Or is the lingery to sexy?

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
See, now you may understand why I want APS-H
Would like that too but the problem is who make APS-H size sensors these days?
I think an FF camera can be made for almost the same price because of that.

11-30-2011, 08:50 AM   #1517
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jeztastic Quote
As far as I can see we're all European, including the guy who posted it. I think it's a great photo, but not the kind of thing a boss would easily turn a blind eye to, anywhere in the world!
Since when do you lot want to be called European?
11-30-2011, 08:57 AM   #1518
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Aristophanes Quote
Which one is the USA and which one is Europe?
So funny. I guess the biggest one must be USA.
11-30-2011, 09:08 AM - 1 Like   #1519
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Isn't this forum moderated for that? I see the offending picture is still there.
AFAIK, the photo didn't offend anybody. The fact you browsed a photo forum at work was the offense, as far as I can see.

11-30-2011, 09:19 AM   #1520
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
AFAIK, the photo didn't offend anybody. The fact you browsed a photo forum at work was the offense, as far as I can see.
what is so offensive about FF ? is it illegal to have FF?
11-30-2011, 09:41 AM   #1521
Veteran Member

Nikon just announced an upgrade to their flagship flash - the SB-910. Here's a company (albeit with much greater resources) that is continually improving their entire ecosystem, not just bodies. Everyone here wants a FF (and yes, APS-H - please don't re-post the whole 2 body solution displaying the K5 and grip). Pentax needs a new flash system, longer lenses, and better AF or their FF will be an epic fail. Unless, of course, it's priced ridiculously cheap. But given the high price of the K5 at launch and the current price inflation, it seems unlikely that will be the case.
11-30-2011, 09:42 AM - 1 Like   #1522
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
what is so offensive about FF ? is it illegal to have FF?
One type of FF is just (wonderful) anatomy, one type is the format for the future Pentax flagship DSLR (), and the final type (Front Focus) should be illegal.

(and if you're browsing PF at work, the risk is yours. At least that was much better than certain types of squirrel anatomy, in close-up.)

11-30-2011, 10:06 AM   #1523
Veteran Member

Nope, I accessed this page from the very liberal Holland. But accessing this page during my lunchbreak at my work at the very conservative Japanese company (Ricoh), scared the *** out of me.

Isn't this forum moderated for that? I see the offending picture is still there.
I'm not sure I understand what is offensive about cleavage? There is no nudity and and most swimsuits show way more than that.
11-30-2011, 11:48 AM   #1524
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
So now you're dictating our internal office rules?

It's generally accepted to surf to safe websites during one's lunchbreak. Sadly, this site can no longer be considered safe for work.

I assumed this site had some sort of policy around sfw/nsfw content, due to the nsfw-tags in the galleries.

Last edited by Clavius; 11-30-2011 at 12:01 PM.
11-30-2011, 12:04 PM   #1525
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MrPetkus Quote
Nikon just announced an upgrade to their flagship flash - the SB-910. Here's a company (albeit with much greater resources) that is continually improving their entire ecosystem, not just bodies. Everyone here wants a FF (and yes, APS-H - please don't re-post the whole 2 body solution displaying the K5 and grip). Pentax needs a new flash system, longer lenses, and better AF or their FF will be an epic fail. Unless, of course, it's priced ridiculously cheap. But given the high price of the K5 at launch and the current price inflation, it seems unlikely that will be the case.
I think you nailed it! Pentax currently doesn't have the ecosystem to support and entice photographers with an FF camera. I have no doubt that if they released one, it would be a wonderful camera, however unless they support it with the things you mentioned, outside of a core of Pentax lovers, the camera would be a flop.

Don't get me wrong though, I still want them to pursue the FF avenue, I just hope they do in a way that encompasses the whole ecosystem. Hopefully with the backing of Ricoh this is a possibility.
11-30-2011, 12:15 PM   #1526
Veteran Member

It's generally accepted to surf to safe websites during one's lunchbreak. Sadly, this site can no longer be considered safe for work.

I assumed this site had some sort of policy around sfw/nsfw content, due to the nsfw-tags in the galleries.
there are policies. usually NSFW are censored materials. my advice is just be careful when browsing this site as the person behind you might have a different policy with what is SFW and NSFW.
11-30-2011, 01:11 PM   #1527
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MrPetkus Quote

Why does everybody keep on complaining about the AF of the K-5. There have been tests that the AF of the K-5 is the most accurate of the APS-C cameras at the moment.
I bet if the Nikon now had the AF system of the K-5, everybody would praise it for being so good
11-30-2011, 02:24 PM   #1528
Veteran Member

My D700 is more accurate and requires less AF adjustment (I've literally never had to use it, despite the shallower DoF) than my K-5. Not that the K-5 is bad, the D700 is just perfect.

But that's just one data point.
11-30-2011, 02:38 PM   #1529
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
My D700 is more accurate and requires less AF adjustment (I've literally never had to use it, despite the shallower DoF) than my K-5. Not that the K-5 is bad, the D700 is just perfect.

But that's just one data point.
De CoC is smaller with APS-C compared to FF so don't know how much the shallower DoF makes a difference when it comes to accuracy.
I believe that because the sensor is larger and with less pixels you can get away with larger tolerance but correct me if i'm wrong.

Lets all hope Ricoh has some nice plans for Pentax so far it looks to be heading into positive direction so lets see what kind of camera the first Pentax/Ricoh DSLR will be next year and then talk further.
11-30-2011, 03:05 PM   #1530
Veteran Member

Here is an idea. If you want to browse PF at work, turn images off in your browser. You can still read text about the wonders of FF Pentax just fine.