Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-21-2011, 07:57 AM   #1981
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Oh no! Let's not let this thread die yet...

We've got to at least hit 2k posts.

12-21-2011, 08:23 AM   #1982
Pentaxian

The problem is we have at leat 3 posts with the same kind of empty story
12-21-2011, 08:26 AM   #1983
Pentaxian

By the way , I am pretty sure that a new replacement for K-5 is coming . Today at a major Photo store in Montreal, LL Lozeau , the K-5 is on sales at $949 until year end
12-21-2011, 08:32 AM   #1984
Pentaxian

I just hope we'll soon get some anouncements/insights. My Pentax equipment is worth approx. 4k $, and currently I am not sure if I should invest in the brand. Honestly, I keep thinking about switching to Canon, although I love Pentax. I would sacrifice the WR and compactness and would receive Fullframe and confidence.

12-21-2011, 09:46 AM   #1985
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sinister Quote
I just hope we'll soon get some anouncements/insights. My Pentax equipment is worth approx. 4k $, and currently I am not sure if I should invest in the brand. Honestly, I keep thinking about switching to Canon, although I love Pentax. I would sacrifice the WR and compactness and would receive Fullframe and confidence.
I'm invested in Pentax AND Olympus. Sheesh, two brands that aren't doing a whole lot to assure their customers. At least Pentax is putting out some sort of information. Oly's offices got raided by the Tokyo police yesterday and it looks the like whole company might just go under.

Anywhoo...depending on what Pentax announces, I very well might end up jumping ship and going to Sony or Nikon. I bet Sony is going to put out of FF SLT to replace the a900. I'm ok with the EVF and the fast focus, fps and weather proofing has got me really excited. I've shot a few with the a77 and I'm pretty impressed. Since it is very likely that Pentax could switch the mount here in the near future, I very well might end up switching brands. I'd hate to do it but I want a brand that has legs.
12-21-2011, 10:49 AM   #1986
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by lurchlarson Quote
Anywhoo...depending on what Pentax announces, I very well might end up jumping ship and going to Sony or Nikon.
Same here. Sony might be interesting, but I think I'd go for Canon as I am interested in TSEs
12-21-2011, 12:13 PM   #1987
Inactive Account

Pentax is not dead, guys (like Oly). We just might get our long awaited for FF here pretty soon...
12-21-2011, 12:19 PM   #1988
Veteran Member

I have put my photographic gear purchases on hold until I figure out what direction Pentax is going to take under Ricoh ownership. I really want a high-end super-telephoto before March. Right now it looks like a Sigma 500/4.5 since I gave up on Pentax every releasing anything like that. Still I don't even want to spend that much money if Pentax is not going in the direction I want to go in. I really want to continue using my DA*, DA Limited and FA" limited lenses. I am afraid a new Pentax camera that don't take K-mount lenses will make the DA, FA and DFA lenses zombies of the lens world. Kind of like Olympus did with thier 4/3 lenses after releasing the m-4/3 cameras or like Canon did when their released their new mount many years ago. I still will not buy Canon because of that. For me it would be buying into a Nikon system.

Dave

12-21-2011, 01:22 PM   #1989
Loyal Site Supporter

As a former Olympus user I watch Olympus. The rumors that Fuji might buy Olympus are encouraging. Olympus needs a company like Fuji.

I think the Ricoh deal will be a big positive for Pentax users. Ricoh is a heavy weight and they can finally provide Pentax with the support that Pentax needs.

It may take a couple of years, but I think Pentax users will be very happy with the new ownership.
12-21-2011, 01:46 PM   #1990
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
As a former Olympus user I watch Olympus. The rumors that Fuji might buy Olympus are encouraging. Olympus needs a company like Fuji.

I think the Ricoh deal will be a big positive for Pentax users. Ricoh is a heavy weight and they can finally provide Pentax with the support that Pentax needs.

It may take a couple of years, but I think Pentax users will be very happy with the new ownership.
compared to ricoh fuji is a lightweight
I can see some synergy there though (however Fuji seems to be on the right track to growth without Oly and don't seem to think that highly of m4/3)

Ricoh can only be good for Pentax, and they are very competitive in the core market going after Canon at every step. I imagine the 5 year plan for cameras looks much the same which is great for us
12-21-2011, 02:12 PM   #1991

Photos: Gallery
There is an advantage to Canon--the flange distance is short. So many adapters can be made for other brand lenses.
I was a Pentax user for decades. Used the film KX & MX for many of those years.
Now, I use Canon 5D Mk II and some of my lenses (w/adapters) are 17mm SMCT Fish-eye, SMCT 85mm f/1.8 and SMCT 135mm f/2.5. Still great lenses.
12-21-2011, 02:42 PM   #1992
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Clinton Quote
I'd rather have the full frame
+1 me too.
12-21-2011, 03:05 PM   #1993
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ubuntu_user Quote
Oh no! Let's not let this thread die yet...

We've got to at least hit 2k posts.
I kinda hope a moderator closes it at 1999 posts.
12-21-2011, 03:18 PM   #1994
Inactive Account

12-21-2011, 04:31 PM   #1995
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
No.....almost there.

*doing my part to get to 2000