Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-01-2012, 09:45 AM   #2356
Veteran Member
jsherman999's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,228
QuoteOriginally posted by fikkser Quote
OK.

K-30 seems to have the k-5 body? If that is what has been posted with the DA 40 XS on it. It's silver - but with another grip than the k-5 silver. Any other differences you can see?

K-3 ???? FF with autocrop and new bigger and better body?

PENTAX K-01 & smc PENTAX-DA 40mmF2.8 XS - Official Embargo Date: 2/2/2012 - Page 3
Where are you seeing that information (K-30, etc) in that link?

02-01-2012, 09:56 AM   #2357
Veteran Member
fikkser's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Borlänge, Sweden
Posts: 373
QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
Where are you seeing that information (K-30, etc) in that link?
got it printed on my screen with a pencil. made some ugly marks, but it looks credible. I can not make a screenshot, sorry.

No. Just the rumor that the K-30/k-300 DSLR (k-r replacement) is coming. K-300 = weatherseal as k200, k-30 as k-7 was called when it was rumored. The body is great, why not use it for the new k-r? Just speculations as 99% of the things written on these forums. One can hope. Doesn't it seem logical?
02-01-2012, 01:32 PM   #2358
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kaunas
Posts: 1,452
QuoteOriginally posted by fikkser Quote
OK.

K-30 seems to have the k-5 body? If that is what has been posted with the DA 40 XS on it. It's silver - but with another grip than the k-5 silver. Any other differences you can see?

K-3 ???? FF with autocrop and new bigger and better body?

PENTAX K-01 & smc PENTAX-DA 40mmF2.8 XS - Official Embargo Date: 2/2/2012 - Page 3
Isn't K-5 silver edition in the fist picture there?
02-01-2012, 11:41 PM - 2 Likes   #2359
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Somewhere, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 453
To the people who claim evfs are better. Take it from me. I used to swear that the evfs in my cameras were superior....then I started using glass again. There are a multitude of areas where an ovf is superior. It is uncluttered for one. Secondly fast moving action is nearly impossible to track with a zoom and an evf. With an ovf you can keep a bead on things pretty steadily. Also evfs suck in low light, and I don't see that getting much better anytime soon. With an ovf, composing in almost pitch darkness is easy, especially with a pentaprism. I like many, many professionals would prefer an ovf. I can set exposure compensation as needed. I don't need to see the exposure before I shoot. I don't need distractions. I want a clear field of view. I know I'm not alone.

02-01-2012, 11:42 PM   #2360
Veteran Member
Chex's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The 'Stoke, British Columbia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,700
Yup, Silver Edition K-5 with the new DA40 XS on it, very sharp setup!
02-06-2012, 05:11 PM   #2361
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jun 2010
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 361
If Pentax had ever really listened, we would be welcoming our new Pentax FX-1 full frame 36mp camera with ISO 50 and 16bit images, as the D800 has been announced with. I love Pentax, but I'd love them a whole lot more if I could save up for one of these: The continual denial of fulframe has today really sunk into my guts... Why didn't I buy Nikon...

Nikon D800 – New pictures
02-06-2012, 05:13 PM   #2362
Veteran Member
joe.penn's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maryland (Right Outside Washington DC)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,902
QuoteOriginally posted by Freak Quote
Why didn't I buy Nikon...
Sony will be releasing their FF body soon and it will be cheaper than the D800 - that is the one to keep a watch for...
02-06-2012, 05:30 PM   #2363
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jun 2010
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 361
QuoteOriginally posted by joe.penn Quote
Sony will be releasing their FF body soon and it will be cheaper than the D800 - that is the one to keep a watch for...
This is supposedly the Sony sensor that Nikon is using. Which means this is the one to keep an eye out for, Sony make great sensors but only average cameras thus far.

02-06-2012, 05:42 PM   #2364
Veteran Member
joe.penn's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maryland (Right Outside Washington DC)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,902
QuoteOriginally posted by Freak Quote
Sony make great sensors but only average cameras thus far.
Really? Lmao -> Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 SLR Digital Camera (Body Only) DSLR-A900 | Ya, just average, too funny...
02-06-2012, 06:14 PM   #2365
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jun 2010
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 361
QuoteOriginally posted by joe.penn Quote
Really? Ya, just average, too funny...
Umm, Nikon and Pentax get more out of the Sony APS-C 16Mp sensor thus far compared to Sony themselves, so my point is well known. Nikon and Canons full frame cameras are considered leagues above the Sony A850 and A900, so much so only a fool would debate otherwise. So I won't argue with your obvious amazing knowledge. But I would happily take the D800 over the old A900 anyday, ISO50 and 16bit images equal drool worthy, especially if it's a Sony sensor.
02-06-2012, 06:29 PM - 1 Like   #2366
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Somewhere, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 453
If you ask me, pentax initially bet the farm on aps-c because, in all likelihood, they coldnt sustain two seperate lines. With ricoh this very well might change as ricoh has the pockets to build a ff system. The continual discontinuation of ff lenses should say everything. Look. At. The. Q versus say the nikon or fuji system. The q looks like they took an off the shelf sensor that was cheap and built a camera around it. The smallest sensor? Really? $700 is a lot for a toy camera. Especially when you could buy m43. For a lit less. Especially when you can. Buy a k5 for not much more. The. K-1 is priced about the same! Madness! I'm hoping ricoh restores some sanity here. Sorry for any typos. I'm on my phone.
02-06-2012, 06:41 PM   #2367
Veteran Member
joe.penn's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maryland (Right Outside Washington DC)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,902
QuoteOriginally posted by Freak Quote
Nikon and Canons full frame cameras are considered leagues above the Sony A850 and A900, so much so only a fool would debate otherwise
Really? Just as Canon & Nikon Cropped are leagues above Pentax, only a fool would debate? (we here that one too)

QuoteOriginally posted by Freak Quote
So I won't argue with your obvious amazing knowledge. But I would happily take the D800 over the old A900 anyday
Um - who wouldn't seeing that the Sony Sensor in the D800 is an upgraded sensor from the A900 and the newest sensor that is gonna be in the upcoming (yet to be released) new Sony FF body...

sonyalpharumors | Blog | (SR4) Sony FF with 36 Megapixel sensor coming early 2012 (Nikon D800 with same sensor).

In short, seeing that Sony is a premier manufacturer of sensors both cropped and FF and Sony seems to have a fairly complete lineup, the only average bodies seem to be the Pentax ones we are using...
02-06-2012, 06:44 PM   #2368
Veteran Member
joe.penn's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maryland (Right Outside Washington DC)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,902
QuoteOriginally posted by zosxavius Quote
Madness! I'm hoping ricoh restores some sanity here
Me too!
02-06-2012, 08:53 PM   #2369
Site Supporter
Aristophanes's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,922
QuoteOriginally posted by joe.penn Quote
In short, seeing that Sony is a premier manufacturer of sensors both cropped and FF and Sony seems to have a fairly complete lineup, the only average bodies seem to be the Pentax ones we are using...
The rumours are that Nikon will have an OVF D800 and that Sony is taking FF with an SLT at a lower price point than Nikon. If Sony abandons the OVF, that's an issue for Sony.

As I have pointed ou many times on this forum, all indications are that Nikon, who buy 100% of Sony's FF sensors over the last year, have a "special" deal with Sony. It certainly appears that way. I doubt Pentax can simply knock on Sony's door and buy FF sensors. Industrial supply with co-developed tech doesn't work to that simple sales model.

I also suspect that the D700 may continue in production for Nikon, occupying the lower FF price point.
02-06-2012, 10:28 PM   #2370
Veteran Member
Pentaxor's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Vancouver, B.C.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,513
QuoteOriginally posted by Aristophanes Quote
The rumours are that Nikon will have an OVF D800 and that Sony is taking FF with an SLT at a lower price point than Nikon. If Sony abandons the OVF, that's an issue for Sony.

As I have pointed ou many times on this forum, all indications are that Nikon, who buy 100% of Sony's FF sensors over the last year, have a "special" deal with Sony. It certainly appears that way. I doubt Pentax can simply knock on Sony's door and buy FF sensors. Industrial supply with co-developed tech doesn't work to that simple sales model.

I also suspect that the D700 may continue in production for Nikon, occupying the lower FF price point.
wait, FF SLT? are they still on crack?
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
aps-c, bodies, body, dslr, full-frame, lenses, lineup, pentax, system, users
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Full frame pentax cem.kumuk Pentax DSLR Discussion 11 11-12-2010 03:13 PM
Pentax and Full Frame... Shutter-bug Photographic Technique 60 11-03-2010 10:03 AM
Pentax A 50/1.2 on Full Frame aegisphan Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 23 10-28-2010 04:16 PM
News Regarding Advertising on PentaxForums.com: An Official Statement Adam Site Suggestions and Help 5 03-24-2010 07:37 PM
Official: New DSLR Body is Coming; Full Frame Model is Under Planning! RiceHigh Pentax News and Rumors 78 08-04-2008 06:18 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:43 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top