Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-13-2011, 11:33 AM   #1186
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Oh, and a very thorough test showed lately that the AF from the K-5 is lot more accurate than the one from the D7000. SO what use is a fast AF if it isn't acurate

11-13-2011, 11:37 AM   #1187
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Chex Quote
So why do you own a K-5 instead of a D7000 if it's so superior? If it's because you already had glass from your previous body.. then your just too lazy to put in the effort to sell it off and change systems, because clearly you would be a happier Canikonian.
1) Yes, I'm too lazy to sell lenses
2) No, I don't want their huge lenses and bodies
3) DSLRs are dying.

Last edited by Emacs; 11-13-2011 at 11:52 AM.
11-13-2011, 11:46 AM   #1188
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Macario Quote
Oh, and a very thorough test showed lately that the AF from the K-5 is lot more accurate than the one from the D7000. SO what use is a fast AF if it isn't acurate
Tell this to my K-5, its PDAF hit ratio about 0.1 with any fast lens. With the SR that rather causes its own blur (at 1/320!) than reduces the demand on shutter speed.

Last edited by Emacs; 11-13-2011 at 11:51 AM.
11-13-2011, 11:55 AM - 1 Like   #1189
Pentaxian

Your K-5 purposely does so, because you constantly told him "he's dying".

11-13-2011, 11:56 AM - 1 Like   #1190
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Emacs Quote
1) Yes, I'm too lazy to sell lenses
2) No, I don't want their huge lenses and bodies
3) DSLRs are dying.

then stop bitching and learn to work with the gear you have
11-13-2011, 11:59 AM - 1 Like   #1191
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Tell this to my K-5, its PDAF hit ratio about 0.1 with any fast lens. With the SR that rather causes its own blur (at 1/320!) than reduces the demand on shutter speed.
Based on your other posts, I'm guessing the answer here is that you're doing something wrong, and would rather spend your time complaining online rather than learning how to get the most from your gear.
11-13-2011, 01:17 PM   #1192
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
Based on your other posts, I'm guessing the answer here is that you're doing something wrong, and would rather spend your time complaining online rather than learning how to get the most from your gear.
Don't understand how we are still so diplomatic with Emacs. If not a troll, what else?
11-13-2011, 01:21 PM   #1193
Pentaxian

My mother had very good results with this: Ymea - providing you with support during the menopause

Maybe it can benefit you too?

11-13-2011, 04:14 PM - 1 Like   #1194
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by filorp Quote
Smeggypants, what you do is just cruel.... we dont contribute to this thread because it states something we do just because we know haw to dream - this thread doesnt have any other background than our imagination - you realistic cold and cruelish approach just ruined that.... ;-)))
LOL - Sorry

.... it's just that little irritates me more than Corporate Borgs who think they can get away with saying nothing by padding out a statement with vacuous non-Speak. Adam and his buddy spent a lot of effort gathering together the feelings of the Pentax user community to be responded to by a non-letter which reads like it was composed by a charisma-less robot. It doesn't even mention Full Frame and thus could easily be a generic response.

Not good enough Pentax. Read Adam's letter again ( if you ever read it in the first place ) and give us a proper response this time!!
11-13-2011, 05:38 PM   #1195
Oog
Forum Member

Ya I'm pretty tired of some usernames really touting their N**on or C*n*n on a Pentax forum....Makes me wonder too....I have mentioned aspects of those two makers here as well (and I will admit I was contemplating a D700 + 24mm, 55 macro manual focus Ai-S combo as my first digital kit, that's how advanced amateur I am), but I stuck it out and got a K-r and a 77mm Ltd. Am I crazy? Well. I still shoot film so I must be....

Pentax FF will be a harder sell in North America, but there is a whole other half of the world out there....
11-13-2011, 06:11 PM   #1196
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Smeggypants Quote
LOL - Sorry .... it's just that little irritates me more than Corporate Borgs who think they can get away with saying nothing by padding out a statement with vacuous non-Speak. Adam and his buddy spent a lot of effort gathering together the feelings of the Pentax user community to be responded to by a non-letter which reads like it was composed by a charisma-less robot. It doesn't even mention Full Frame and thus could easily be a generic response. Not good enough Pentax. Read Adam's letter again ( if you ever read it in the first place ) and give us a proper response this time!!
I agree, the response is vague, but consider a few thing:
1) This letter was received, what, within a week of the transition of ownership to Ricoh? I doubt anyone at either company was ready to make a statement about future plans so soon after the switch.

2) It was sent to the president of Pentax Europe. Now that's a good start, and probably a better choice than trying to translate the letter into Japanese (it's a very complicated language), but it's not the same as sending to the "home office" where all the R&D and decisions about the direction of the company are made. There's is only so much that is within his power to promise.

3) Perhaps there is more to what the response is saying than meets the eye. While he doesn't mention full frame specifically (and I agree 100%, Smeggy, this is the major problem I have with the response) He does mention "extension of product range" for "advanced amateur and professional photographers". "Advanced amateur" can easily be translated into "enthusiast", and that's the stated market for the K-5, though I prefer the term "semi-pro." But when he uses the words like "Professional" to describe Pentax products, now that is where I think there may be cause for hope. Granted, he could be talking about the 645D, but since that camera has been in existence for over a year it doesn't fall into the category of an "extension" in my book.

4) I think the most important aspect of Adam's letter is being overlooked by many in this thread - it is a letter to the company from the two largest Pentax communities outside of Japan stating the desire for a full frame camera. It was read by the president of Pentax Europe, and he has promised to forward it to the heads of the company in Japan, there is no reason to think that he won't do that. In short, it is now "official", the gauntlet has been thrown down - we want a full frame camera, and they know we want it, and we know that they know that we want it, and they know that we know that.... uh, you get the point.

Does that mean there will be a full frame camera soon? No. Does that mean there will be a full frame camera ever? Not necessarily, but gone now are the days when they can say "There's really no demand for such a camera." That was Hoya's way of thinking, it is now up to Ricoh and Pentax to decide what is right for the company.

Last edited by maxfield_photo; 11-13-2011 at 07:27 PM.
11-13-2011, 06:59 PM   #1197
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by maxfield_photo Quote
4) I think the most important aspect of Adam's letter is being overlooked by many in this thread - it is a letter to the company from the two largest Pentax communities outside of Japan stating the desire of a full frame camera. It was read by the president of Pentax Europe, and he has promised to forward it to the heads of the company in Japan, there is no reason to think that he won't do that. In short, it is now "official", the gauntlet has been thrown down - we want a full frame camera, and they know we want it, and we know that they know that we want it, and they know that we know that.... uh, you get the point.
it was probably read by a minion in their corporate communications or PR department who was then ordered by his/her boss to draft an "appropriate" reply, clear it through the proper channels and route it to the boss's secretary / executive assistant to reply using the boss' email.

AFAIK, only the late Steve Jobs reads and replies to his own emails. (case in point: corporate head honchos seldom have time to draft a refined reply like the one posted on pg 1)

that doesn't mean that this reply is worthless as it demonstrates a willingness to finally engage their user-base. but its just an email.
11-13-2011, 07:00 PM   #1198
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by maxfield_photo Quote
4) I think the most important aspect of Adam's letter is being overlooked by many in this thread - it is a letter to the company from the two largest Pentax communities outside of Japan stating the desire of a full frame camera. It was read by the president of Pentax Europe, and he has promised to forward it to the heads of the company in Japan, there is no reason to think that he won't do that. In short, it is now "official", the gauntlet has been thrown down - we want a full frame camera, and they know we want it, and we know that they know that we want it, and they know that we know that.... uh, you get the point.

Does that mean there will be a full frame camera soon? No. Does that mean there will be a full frame camera ever? Not necessarily, but gone now are the days when they can say "There's really no demand for such a camera." That was Hoya's way of thinking, it is now up to Ricoh and Pentax to decide what is right for the company.
Every company does their own market research, and I think it's kind of, well, presumptuous to think that we know that overall picture better than they do. Even the idea that these are in any way "the two largest Pentax communities" is questionable. Now, they might realize that internet-active enthusiasts are important to to keep happy, but I think that any response like this one, frankly is likely to be humoring us. The idea that we might be in any position to "throw down the gauntlet" is probably regarded as, y'know, precious.
11-13-2011, 07:14 PM   #1199
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
Every company does their own market research, and I think it's kind of, well, presumptuous to think that we know that overall picture better than they do
Yeah, just look at the bang-up job they've been doing for the past 20 years...
11-13-2011, 07:19 PM   #1200
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by detritus Quote
it was probably read by a minion in their corporate communications or PR department who was then ordered by his/her boss to draft an "appropriate" reply, clear it through the proper channels and route it to the boss's secretary / executive assistant to reply using the boss' email.

AFAIK, only the late Steve Jobs reads and replies to his own emails. (case in point: corporate head honchos seldom have time to draft a refined reply like the one posted on pg 1)

that doesn't mean that this reply is worthless as it demonstrates a willingness to finally engage their user-base. but its just an email.
Or worse, he pulled it out from the myriad of standard reply templates he has in his PC