Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 217 Likes Search this Thread
10-19-2011, 09:26 PM   #181
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hmm then it will be when the Lytro technology is fused into the APS-C K-3!

10-19-2011, 09:27 PM   #182
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks Adam.

I personally think your strongest point is #4. Sometime, and I think fairly soon, the point of diffraction will be F5.6 or F8.

As you already know, I'd love to see the FA* series reissued. As DFA* with WR, I'd be likely to rebuy some of my lenses.

I'd really like to see the text of that message
10-20-2011, 02:29 AM   #183
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by aragondina Quote
We have yet to see what the new 1Dx will do as far as IQ, yes they didn't produce the 36mp monster that was rumoured, but the 1Dx will most likely beat the 645D in every category except resolution. So except in very large prints I doubt anyone will see any measurable difference. The 1Dx will do it faster, cheaper, and with a huge lens selection (the 645 still only has 2 lenses in the lineup right?)

And I have an answer for the "pure IQ the 645D provides" I can do it in one word ..... Hasselblad
A 2x factor in this respect is not negligible, is it ? Crop potential is an other interest...

Wrong, they are 16 lenses available, the FA line is still produced.

Otherwise, please dont fall into this marketing trap, 24x36mm is still 1,7x smaller than 33x44mm, and the output cannot be the same...

As for Hasselblad, there's an other x factor budget to put...

There must be a way btw fanboyism and irrelevancy.

Last edited by Zygonyx; 10-20-2011 at 02:37 AM.
10-20-2011, 04:08 AM - 2 Likes   #184
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Last month, the owner of Pentaxeros.com (Spanish Pentax community/store) and I joined forces and wrote a letter to Pentax presenting a case for why Pentax needs to work on developing a full-frame DSLR.

did we get a written response from the president of Pentax Europe, but he assured us that management in Japan (as well as the R&D department in Europe) will be forwarded our feedback
Adam, great effort and I agree with everything you said in the letter.

On the response though, I am a bit less enthusiastic. I have received similiar responses from Pentax Europe management in the past (on several topics). But so far, the "forwarded to management in Japan" proved a black hole. Let's see that this has improved now after the Ricoh aquisition. Moreover, there is no Pentax R&D department in Europe (so, must mean Ricoh then?).

I look forward to see the full letter. But even more to see any reaction from Japan.

10-20-2011, 04:40 AM - 1 Like   #185
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
Getting kinda tense there, aintcha?

I'm trying to calm the hysteria a little. There is no mention of FF in the response, there is no hint of FF in the response. "the company plans on expanding its Advanced Amateur and Professional product lines" could mean APS-C MILC, it could mean a new MF, it could mean a Pro-level APS-C DSLR. All of these are more likely than FF, IMHO.
10-20-2011, 05:51 AM   #186
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There is no mention of FF, but it is inferred. Pentax Full Frame - An official statement from Pentax (they listened!)
We haven't had a chance to read the letter Adam is holding in his hand. Once I get permission to post the letter, I will attach in in this thread! Notice the exclamation point.
Apparently he knows much more than anybody can speculate.
Hopefully falconeyes "forwarded to management in Japan" proved a black hole' only fell on deaf ears with Hoya. Only time will tell.
Until we read the letter or hear an announcement it's business as usual.
I do believe Ricoh is going to increase Pentax's presence, and we are all waiting anxiously for any announcement.
10-20-2011, 06:06 AM - 1 Like   #187

I think the exclamation mark in the title only means "wow, we got an answer from Pentax, it never happened before". The answer Adam received is most probably "Thank you for your inquiry. We at Pentax Europe don't know nothing about the company's plans for the future, but we will gladly forward your letter to Pentax Japan. If we ever hear something back from them we will let you know."

10-20-2011, 06:34 AM - 1 Like   #188
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"Once I get permission to post the letter, I will attach in in this thread!"
This is the exclamation point I was referring to. Not that they listened. Also, notice the excitement in his typing. The n and t aren't near each other on the keyboard!
10-20-2011, 06:39 AM   #189
ogl
Banned

By the way, the leader of photomarket called Canon stays just with TWO models of FF cameras - 1Dx and with new version of 5D (I think)...

JUST TWO cameras. I think that Nikon will offer D800 and D5 - and nothing more.

Sony will make new A99. 1 model.

I doubt that Ricoh/Pentax will make FF camera in the nearest 1-2 years.
10-20-2011, 06:47 AM   #190
Pentaxian

As i use to say, there is some room on the EVIL market, for a compact FF with all features including rather fast autofocus like OLY E-P3 for example... and one or two starting primes + KAF internally motorised adapter...
10-20-2011, 06:48 AM   #191
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Sony will make new A99. 1 model.
Sony was rumoured to do 3 models
But since they have refused from SLR I think they will do only 2: SLR and EVIL FF.
10-20-2011, 06:55 AM   #192
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Emacs Quote
But since they have refused from SLR I think they will do only 2: SLR and EVIL FF.
They are rumoured to prepare 3 models: 24 Mpixels 24x36 SLT, 36 Mpixels 24x36 SLT and 24x36 NEX.
10-20-2011, 06:58 AM   #193
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It will flop. Not a good move in my opinion. It is my general impression that many pentaxians like to nikcle and dime their purchases while complaining loudly that they don't have this or that. I would be careful about catering to this type of crowd.
10-20-2011, 07:31 AM   #194
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
They are rumoured to prepare 3 models: 24 Mpixels 24x36 SLT, 36 Mpixels 24x36 SLT and 24x36 NEX.
he-he
10-20-2011, 07:31 AM   #195
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Emacs Quote
Sony makes only SLT and NEX cameras