Mine just arrived in the mail today.

10-20-2011, 07:10 PM   #242
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Musicale Quote
I did not know about Ricoh - I wonder what happened to them and their brand
At 6x the size of Nikon and about the size of Canon, I'd say they're hanging in there!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-20-2011, 07:13 PM - 1 Like   #243
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I really hope they make FF DSLR. I own a K-5 and have to buy another Canon camera just for the full frame lens I have.
10-20-2011, 07:19 PM   #244
rjm
Forum Member

And Ricoh-Pentax hears your cries.

2014 : announces full-frame K-mount GXR module.

KEKEKEKEKEKE!

10-20-2011, 07:54 PM   #245
Forum Member

At least Pentax isn't totally negative to the suggestion of a FF camera. Personally I still think Pentax could make the smallest and most economical FF DSLR. Sony might be able to undercut Pentax by making a FF SLT body, but that really isn't a DSLR anymore is it? Anyway latest reports seem to indicate that Sony will now introduce more than one new FF camera. Possibly one SLT and one OVF body? Anyhow I'd rather stay with a camera that uses Pentax lenses ( I currently have a Samsung GX-20) if I can. I certainly won't go to Nikon or Canon.

Some APS-C users seem to be fearful that Pentax building an FF camera would mean the decline of APS-C. I doubt if anything could be further from the truth. FF just gives us an option to step up without spending 10 grand on a Pentax 645 and lugging around a MF sized digital camera. Something few of us want or could afford.

Last edited by markac; 10-20-2011 at 07:59 PM.
10-20-2011, 08:12 PM   #246

Photos: Gallery
Full Frame Pentax DSLR

Too late for me! I have already upgraded my Pentax DSLR to Canon. The reason is that I needed to upgrade to full frame and Pentax had nowhere to go, sad as that is.

So I now carry a Pentax 67II kit as well as the DSLR kit around. If Pentax can make a full frame I would consider going back.... After so many years with Pentax gear it was difficult to change.. but necessary.

So, come on Pentax... get your act together. There's a market here for you and loyal people who want IN!
10-20-2011, 08:40 PM   #247
Veteran Member

Sure would be interesting if they did release one.
Has been heated, at times, discussion over a FF camera since I've been a member here.
There is demand...hard to say how much after just going on posters from this site alone though.

As for me, my next camera will, all being well, a K-5.
Personally, I don't feel the need for a FF camera atm.

10-20-2011, 08:59 PM   #248
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
By the way, the leader of photomarket called Canon stays just with TWO models of FF cameras - 1Dx and with new version of 5D (I think)...

JUST TWO cameras. I think that Nikon will offer D800 and D5 - and nothing more.

Sony will make new A99. 1 model.

I doubt that Ricoh/Pentax will make FF camera in the nearest 1-2 years.
It now appears that there might be more than one new FF Sony:

sonyalpharumors | Blog | (SR5) A9x with 24 Megapixel sensor coming in Spring. (SR4) 36 Megapixel FF a couple of months later?
10-20-2011, 09:02 PM - 1 Like   #249
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jodokast96 Quote
Mine just arrived in the mail today.
Hey, they sent you mine by mistake!
10-20-2011, 09:11 PM   #250
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by maxfield_photo Quote
Hey, they sent you mine by mistake!

Can you check if the postmark says 2013 or 2014?
10-20-2011, 09:13 PM - 1 Like   #251
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Iskandar Taib Quote
Bah, humbug. A full frame dSLR will be huge and cost a ton of money, no matter who makes it. Not for me, I'm afraid.

Somewhat ironic about Ricoh "taking over " Pentax - in the early 80s I was in the market for a SLR, and quickly decided I wanted a K-Mount. Looking at all the features, I eventually went with a Ricoh XR2s. It had everything I could get in a K-mount SLR at the time, far more than the then top-of-the-line Pentax ME Super (at the expense of added bulk, of course) AND was quite a few dollars cheaper. Nice build quality, too. Used it for years. Bought a Pentax 50/1.4 to go with it later. Only started buying Pentax bodies years later when cheap used MEs and ME Supers started becoming available.

Iskandar
That's a good story, and I hope Ricoh has a similar mindset to what they had in days past. With Pentax and Ricoh engineering together it should be interesting.

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
They should just re-launch all their FA* lenses with quick-shift. That would make them perfect!
I absolutely agree.

I probably sound like a broken record on the forums, but I keep saying they did something good with the D-FA 100mm WR Macro lens. It's just strange that's the only lens they have done the treatment to. Imagine a FA* 85mm f1.4 turned into a "D-FA* 85mm f1.4 WR" with quick-shift, WR, machined aluminum casing, improved coatings, and rounded aperture blades.
10-20-2011, 09:19 PM   #252
Forum Member

FF stabilization

QuoteOriginally posted by pentup Quote
I don't suppose there's much chance that a full-frame Pentax would still have in-body stabilization, is there? I would think it'd be a problem in terms of weight and cost. Of course on full-frame there'd be less need, but still...

The Sony A900/A850 have it so I'd say there was a good chance. It's time to de-cripple that mount too, don't you think?
10-20-2011, 09:33 PM   #253
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sjwaldron Quote
I probably sound like a broken record on the forums, but I keep saying they did something good with the D-FA 100mm WR Macro lens. It's just strange that's the only lens they have done the treatment to. Imagine a FA* 85mm f1.4 turned into a "D-FA* 85mm f1.4 WR" with quick-shift, WR, machined aluminum casing, improved coatings, and rounded aperture blades.
Actually I think that is the one lens they have really messed up .... how can you offer a macro lens without an aperture ring ?
10-20-2011, 09:38 PM   #254
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Iskandar Taib Quote
Bah, humbug. A full frame dSLR will be huge and cost a ton of money, no matter who makes it. Not for me, I'm afraid.
Bah, humbug. Is the D700 huge ? Not at all, I have handled the D700 right next to a K5 .... there is little difference and it's easy to hold and handle.
10-20-2011, 09:45 PM   #255
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by choschiba Quote
I think what Pentax should have first are really high class lenses as Canon offers them!! When you look at the tele lenses there is really a lack of lenses!! I had to buy a Sigma for wildlife photography.
Pentax have some lenses that are better than Canon lenses if that is what you require ....... show me Canon's pancakes such as the 40 or 70 or small form factor lenses with stunning IQ such as the 15 Ltd, 43 Ltd, 77 Ltd. Pentax are lacking in the tele dept over 300mm (the DA*300 is another stunning lens) but maybe you could look out for a used 250-600 !