Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 217 Likes Search this Thread
11-19-2011, 12:16 AM   #1336
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jackseh Quote
That NEX sure is a killer app, aint it?

I wish they made a battery grip for it tho.
Yeah, and bigger buttons, so males can actually operate it.

11-19-2011, 01:36 AM   #1337
Veteran Member

That NEX sure is a killer app, aint it?

I wish they made a battery grip for it tho.
You are trying to be too stupid
This is a known fact: the NEX-5n has microlenses offset on its edges (like ones of Leica M9, Fuji X100, Ricoh GXR) and this improved wide angle lenses performance much. The NEX-7 doesn't have it, and the difference is huge: Sony NEX-7 with wide angle Leica lenses – A quick test and Ricoh GXR A12 Comparison! | STEVE HUFF PHOTOS

I noticed, this 16mm pancake on NEX-5n outperforms the 15Ltd on K-5 in terms of resolution, especially on edges. Nothing amazing, of course. Well known fact of how the small flange distance reduces the complexity of wide angle lenses design.
11-19-2011, 01:54 AM   #1338

QuoteOriginally posted by Emacs Quote
I noticed, this 16mm pancake on NEX-5n outperforms the 15Ltd on K-5 in terms of resolution, especially on edges. Nothing amazing, of course. Well known fact of how the small flange distance reduces the complexity of wide angle lenses design.
Care to share some comparison photos?
11-19-2011, 02:15 AM   #1339
Veteran Member

Care to share some comparison photos?
I don't have these shots. The 15Ltd + K-5 belong to the friend in the black. The NEX-5N + 16mm are of the friend in the white.

11-19-2011, 05:11 AM   #1340
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote
No matter what you buy in the future, the chances are the your pictures won't look all that different. Pentax, Nikon, Canon, Fuji, Leica or whatever. PPG is a good example. Better off buying lenses. I sort of realized this after buying 645D and M8. It is not the sensor size.
I'll trade you my K20D for your 645D
11-19-2011, 05:26 AM   #1341
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stanleyk Quote
My apologies if I misunderstood you.
Although I appreciate it, there's no need to apologize. I think I'm the one who needs to apologize to Samsungian for being so flippant. He has a legitimate reason to be moving to FF, IMHO....he needs the larger viewfinder. But, that need to have a FF camera in order to continue his enjoyment of photography kinda moves him out of the Pentax family at this point in time.

QuoteQuote:
As for Pentax, it's just my opinion from using a Ricoh product, I think the brand is in great shape for the future.
I totally agree. If Pentax had to be sold to someone, I couldn't think of a better buyer than Ricoh.
11-19-2011, 06:18 AM   #1342
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well, they are shots of canons. NOtice the lack of capitals on "canon"?
QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
Ahem. Nikon.

11-19-2011, 07:29 AM   #1343
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by patrickrea Quote
Well, they are shots of canons. NOtice the lack of capitals on "canon"?
Those must be the 1Ds prototypes, then. Really, really big.

(canon != cannon.... see title of my response.)

11-19-2011, 07:41 AM   #1344
Veteran Member

I've met a lot of pentaxians who only use liveview mode with their K-r. Ironically, most of them came from DSLR backgrounds (note not SLR). Liveview with contrast detect focus is how they use their K-r to get critically sharp pictures. The use of reflect mirrors and manual focusing by eye is going to be a lost art very soon, replaced by these on-screen focusing aids.
My friend with his top-of-the-line Canon now uses liveview magnification for all his portrait shots (85/1.4 usually). Gotta say, they are tack sharp and very impressive, but no good with moving children!
11-19-2011, 07:48 AM   #1345
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ben_Edict Quote
The PZ-1p was big, heavy and had a slow AF.
Ben
Seriously??

Effing awesome AF speed would be my take.
11-19-2011, 09:20 AM   #1346
Veteran Member

Pentax already has made a full frame camera! In 2001 they pre-released a prototype based on an MZ-S, what a camera that would have been. I don't know why it was dropped,it may have been due to costs?
11-19-2011, 09:43 AM   #1347
Veteran Member

You are trying to be too stupid
This is a known fact: the NEX-5n has microlenses offset on its edges (like ones of Leica M9, Fuji X100, Ricoh GXR) and this improved wide angle lenses performance much. The NEX-7 doesn't have it, and the difference is huge: Sony NEX-7 with wide angle Leica lenses – A quick test and Ricoh GXR A12 Comparison! | STEVE HUFF PHOTOS

does this mean the NX200 has microlenses as well? although it's jpeg is not what we call in the same level as that of the NEX-5n but the RAW certainly are pretty even match. or is it because of higher resolution for the NX200? or is it because the 16mm NX lens is just really sharp?
11-19-2011, 10:12 AM   #1348
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
does this mean the NX200 has microlenses as well? although it's jpeg is not what we call in the same level as that of the NEX-5n but the RAW certainly are pretty even match. or is it because of higher resolution for the NX200? or is it because the 16mm NX lens is just really sharp?
16mm samsung is better than one of sony without a doubt.
Don't know about shifted microlenses, but most likely it has. They have already suffered from the edge problem with their 20mm pancake, and this solution is the most effective.
11-19-2011, 01:36 PM   #1349

16mm samsung is better than one of sony without a doubt.
Have you seen a review of it? As far as I know, it hasn't been released yet.
11-19-2011, 01:59 PM   #1350
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Unsinkable II Quote
Seriously??

Effing awesome AF speed would be my take.
The Canons of that day and the Minoltas too, easily outperformed the PZ-1p. I have the PZ-1p since the day it was released and I went throught a lot of other bodies, as I reviewed cameras and lenses for a major newspaper over app. a 15 year period. And Pentax was always trailing in the AF-speed department in my experience. That is until now! The K-5 is the first ever Pentax, that won the AF race in German photo mag ColorFoto and came out first before CaNiSo, It was not only faster, but also more reliable, than the rest. And the Kr, which I recently bought as a small snapshot camera is performing admireably in the AF dept., too.

Ben