Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 217 Likes Search this Thread
06-04-2012, 06:44 PM   #2626
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by unfocused Quote
The *istDS includes a pentaprism and was, I'm told, designed for full-frame. It's the ideal size and weight for my (not especially large) hands. I don't want smaller thanks. Or bigger. The trend towards bulkier and heavier SLRs is a nonsense. I could do without my K7's extra weight and 'overkill' spec.

The K-01 is a Ford Edsel and belongs in the how-not-to box. Is anyone buying it?
It seems to be doing quite well in the "Mag Rags" etc.

06-05-2012, 02:00 AM   #2627
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by D0n Quote
I wonder if anybody reading this thread has also read the "k-01 is too big" rants in other threads.... sez me, the guy who loves his k10 with grip...lol!
I've never even dreamed of mounting a grip on my K10d. I simply don't get it, it would make the camera awkward to hold the way I like it, resting on my left hand (see avatar!). How do you grip aficionados hold your camera (when using it horizontally - in fact I'm quite fond of the portrait format, so I could see the point in that case)?
06-05-2012, 03:38 AM   #2628
Pentaxian

French Mag Rags

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
It seems to be doing quite well in the "Mag Rags" etc.
Bonjour,

The K-01 got IMHO a "schizo" review in Chasseur d'Images ... "3/5" overall rating - "size" & price being the biggest detriments ... but wonderful IQ and ease of use ... go figure.

It did much better in the March issue of déclicphoto ... very flattering and they understood the positive aspects of a K mount mirror-less that Chasseur just glossed over ... I'll post this review soon in the K-01 forum thread.

Allez et salut, J Frog
06-05-2012, 03:47 AM   #2629
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
I've never even dreamed of mounting a grip on my K10d. I simply don't get it, it would make the camera awkward to hold the way I like it, resting on my left hand (see avatar!). How do you grip aficionados hold your camera (when using it horizontally - in fact I'm quite fond of the portrait format, so I could see the point in that case)?
It certainly depends on the lens you are shooting with, but it's pretty nice with anything other than a small prime. Even then it's fine shooting with my FA 50. It doesn't get in the way at all, and really shines when you attach larger lenses, as it really helps balance out the whole package. Funny thing is, unless I'm doing extended shooting in portrait, I still hold it normally and just rotate my wrist.

06-05-2012, 10:18 AM   #2630

Photos: Gallery
I am a little bit wondering why prices for DA lenses increased and FA ltd lens prices stayed the same. Maybe they try to make them attractive to potential full frame buyers, thats how I would do it - with a great "boom! now its here! Grab this hot beast and enjoy full frame with your fa ldts and our 2 new zooms" ... but since I really lust for digital full frame I am of course biased and interpret how I would like to have it ;-)
06-05-2012, 10:25 AM   #2631
D0n
Banned

pretty much the same way you're holding your camera in your avatar pic.... infact with larger lenses it balances better with the grip....
06-07-2012, 12:05 PM   #2632
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

To each his own.

I have the grip permanently attached to my K10D - I would be very uncomfortable holding whichever tiny Pentax camera you have in your avatar with my fingers all crammed together like that. Of course, I have three K-body film cameras and no longer own any M-body cameras for the same reason; I tolerate my LX because everything else is so good.

Interestingly when holding the K-01 cradled in the left palm with my arms braced against my body and the LCD in front of my nose it is very comfortable.

06-08-2012, 09:28 PM   #2633
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
To each his own.

I have the grip permanently attached to my K10D - I would be very uncomfortable holding whichever tiny Pentax camera you have in your avatar with my fingers all crammed together like that. Of course, I have three K-body film cameras and no longer own any M-body cameras for the same reason; I tolerate my LX because everything else is so good.

Interestingly when holding the K-01 cradled in the left palm with my arms braced against my body and the LCD in front of my nose it is very comfortable.
I always found the ME Super to be great when I wanted a light camera to carry around (with a 28-70). For extended shooting or when weight didn't matter, it had the powered winder attached.
06-10-2012, 09:23 PM   #2634
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by eastman Quote
I always found the ME Super to be great when I wanted a light camera to carry around (with a 28-70). For extended shooting or when weight didn't matter, it had the powered winder attached.
I did the same thing with my MESuper and an MX I had for a few years. After a time I found they felt the same as a KX, KM or K2DMD. Though the viewfinders were exceptional I sold the M bodies. The KM has the sharpest "snap" into focus of any camera I have ever owned.
06-11-2012, 03:46 PM   #2635
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by infoomatic Quote
I am a little bit wondering why prices for DA lenses increased and FA ltd lens prices stayed the same. Maybe they try to make them attractive to potential full frame buyers, thats how I would do it - with a great "boom! now its here! Grab this hot beast and enjoy full frame with your fa ldts and our 2 new zooms" ... but since I really lust for digital full frame I am of course biased and interpret how I would like to have it ;-)
I would like to interpret it the same -but really I think that they are rather expensive (31 particularly) for what they are on apsc. In the case of the 31- there are other options that are mich cheaper and have additional functionality (macro) if you are willing to ignore the speed difference. So they probably hardly sell any.

The rest of me says... I don't really think that ricoh could think of trying to compete with canon without a FF camera. And surely that is what they are trying to do- compete with canon.
06-11-2012, 10:15 PM   #2636

QuoteOriginally posted by parsons Quote
The rest of me says... I don't really think that ricoh could think of trying to compete with canon without a FF camera. And surely that is what they are trying to do- compete with canon.
Do you know more about this, or is this only your opinnion?
06-12-2012, 05:58 AM   #2637
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by markku55 Quote
Do you know more about this, or is this only your opinnion?
its my opinion of course. just trying apply some logic to the situation...
06-14-2012, 02:03 AM   #2638
Veteran Member

Ricehigh have pubhished something about a future FF Pentax :
1. Pentax will make the world's most compact Full Frame body which is to be marketed by March 2013;

2. Two body colours, in black and in silver;

3. Using the new Sony 24MP FF sensor, possibly the same one in the upcoming D600 and A99. However, owing to the agreement between Sony and Pentax, the new Pentax FF has to be put onto the market six months later;

4. A new FF kit zoom lens starting from 28mm wide angle;

5. Together a new vertical battery grip;

6. And a new flashgun unit, too!

7. To be sold at HK$22,000 for the body only (equals to US$2820);

8. Will be announced "soon" in September (at Photokina?).

RiceHigh's Pentax Blog: New Pentax FF Rumour
06-14-2012, 02:27 AM   #2639
gtl
Veteran Member

Sounds like a kickass camera, if its AF is improved and is priced lower in other parts of the world. HK Pentax prices are notoriously high.
06-14-2012, 03:11 AM   #2640
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
WOUHOU ! A brand new Pentax FF rumor

Ready to talk about this for hundreds of pages ?

(if this rumors is going to be true - i think it's good time for Pentax to go into FF* - it could be a good news)