Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-24-2012, 08:52 PM   #2821
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by JohnLegrand Quote
I think anybody would prefer a fullframe because it just makes better pictures. Thats why this Thread has 188 pages

Ummmmm, Sadly No, Better Photographers, take Better Pictures.

06-24-2012, 09:07 PM   #2822
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
"Pros" use what works for the bottom line. For many, many types of professional photography, the Nikon D3200 looks pretty killer. (K-30 too.)
An English pro working over here uses a 7D and a 40D - he says they work for him (company events, sports, industrial, portraits) and having seen his work I can't disagree !

Benjikan - a poster on here, search for him - shoots for a host of top fashion magazines (Vogue, Harpers & Bazaar etc.) and uses K5 and K20D.

They are all just tools that can get the job done for the conditions these pros work under.
06-24-2012, 09:12 PM   #2823
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cmohr Quote
Ummmmm, Sadly No, Better Photographers, take Better Pictures.
And Better Photographer with Better Camera takes even Better Pictures
06-24-2012, 09:37 PM   #2824

The camera is the tool. The photographer is the one using it.

06-24-2012, 10:23 PM   #2825
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Better tool in hands of photographer, gives more possibilities...
06-24-2012, 10:36 PM   #2826
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Edvinas Quote
And Better Photographer with Better Camera takes even Better Pictures
This is correct.

However, A better camera will not magically make a better Photographer.
06-24-2012, 10:51 PM   #2827
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kryscendo Quote
The camera is the tool. The photographer is the one using it.
I know some photographers that are tools too.

Most of those tools are brand snobs. As for me wanting FF, it is because I would like a new tool. I like the one that I have. It gets the job done. However, I would like to learn a new tool and learn its particulars. Pity the tool I am lusting for is out of my budget.

06-24-2012, 10:59 PM   #2828
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
True enough. But sensor size and AF quality and performance aren't really connected.

Big-boy FF systems like the D4 or 1D's of the world get great AF because they are top-tier pro tools crammed with all the best AF tech, not because FF makes AF any more effective than on APS-C (or micro-4/3 etc).
Hence why the D800 and 5D MIII now have the same AF's as their more expensive bigger siblings.. Even the 645D's AF is about the same as the K-5's, which was ok.. but it's not what that camera requires anyways...

It will be interesting to see what the K-5's replacement is, or if there will be a FF officially press released or even AT Photokonia this fall.. I can't see me switching back to Pentax now, but those damn FA Ltd's will always have my attention!
06-25-2012, 12:04 AM   #2829
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cmohr Quote
However, A better camera will not magically make a better Photographer.
Indeed. Sometimes I wish we were still back in the days (not so long ago, really) when the bulk of 'serious' amateur and working pro photographers used the same film size and camera format - SLR's using 135 film. There was less of the current silly discussion about camera format being something so important to photographic achievement and quality. If people took a bad photo or didn't win a Pulitzer prize with their latest snapshot, it wasn't because they weren't using a larger camera format.
06-25-2012, 12:25 AM   #2830
Pentaxian

Good point ...

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Indeed. Sometimes I wish we were still back in the days (not so long ago, really) when the bulk of 'serious' amateur and working pro photographers used the same film size and camera format - SLR's using 135 film. There was less of the current silly discussion about camera format being something so important to photographic achievement and quality. If people took a bad photo or didn't win a Pulitzer prize with their latest snapshot, it wasn't because they weren't using a larger camera format.
Obviously, if I have a larger format and more MP, I will take superior photos as opposed to something lesser in size and pixel count.

It is a silly discussion on many a front ... APS-C works great for my needs and FF additional cost/benefit would be very difficult to justify the extra investment and change away from my K-5 IMHO.
06-25-2012, 01:16 AM   #2831
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by hoanpham Quote
Better tool in hands of photographer, gives more possibilities...
Thats true, as analogy to plumbers, only novices carry unnecessary tools around, hoping that more tools will help him fixin things, pros get only what they needed, they fix things with a simple tool in no time. (fact that they only ask few tools from me from my large tool collection at home, and I watch them like a dumb rookie).

So Pros just use whatever necessary for the occasion, an istD or a Hasselblad with 60MP back. The difference between pro and a newbie is, pros just do know what the outcomes will look like (mostly as a print), newbies don't. See?
06-25-2012, 02:34 AM   #2832
Veteran Member

As far as being "pro" is concerned, I would agree that they use whatever they have with all they can for the purpose they intend to do.

The difference being, amateurs don't get paid, pro's do, even if some people can say their work don't look that good.
06-25-2012, 03:38 AM   #2833

Better photographers make better pictures.
Better cameras make everyone happy.
06-25-2012, 03:47 AM   #2834
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Spag Quote
Better photographers make better pictures.
Better cameras make everyone happy.
Not at all, guess you never seen a wife with empty vallet gone berserk,

Even appropriate cameras for the specific photographer will make wife's angry.
Better cameras which has options more than utilized will make wife's really really angry, hence the photographer will be sad for sure
06-25-2012, 04:36 AM - 1 Like   #2835
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cbaytan Quote
Not at all, guess you never seen a wife with empty vallet gone berserk,

Even appropriate cameras for the specific photographer will make wife's angry.
Better cameras which has options more than utilized will make wife's really really angry, hence the photographer will be sad for sure
This particular photographer you're referring to is in greater need to upgrade his wife, then his camera.