Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-28-2012, 04:32 AM   #196
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Anvh Quote
Almost no body these days say they need to have a FF because of the quality, it's all about the angle of view and the depth of field.
I want more quality.

The best images from my K-5 have a quality I am very pleased with. Indeed, no need to go further.

But in a vast majority of cases, the image quality is a compromise, determined by available light, focus accuracy, exposure time and shake/motion blur, how much cropping I can apply, how much I need to push shadows etc. And in the studio or with a tripod, I actually would like more resolution, closer to what my primes resolve or what B&W film can deliver.

01-28-2012, 06:45 AM   #197
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by maxfield_photo Quote
Well if you never want to shoot full frame ever, then you wouldn't. But if you had nothing but DA lenses, and you bought a full frame camera, you could build your FF collection a lens at a time without having to start from scratch. You could also shoot your full frame lenses cropped to take advantage of the sweet spot, for a higher burst rate, or because you can't get close enough to your subject to fill the frame.
I would love to see a K-mount Ff camera just to get the new FF lenses for my K-5. Then after getting the lenses over a year or two I will get a FF camera to go with the lenses.
01-28-2012, 10:43 AM   #198

QuoteOriginally posted by Frogfish Quote
Originally posted by Anvh*
So how large is the potential market still for a FF camera?
This has come up before, but needs repeated since these threads go in circles. It's about innovation. The size of the sub $2000 FF market can not be predicted. There's a post here from falconeye that makes sense:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/157594-some-thoughts-p...ml#post1662462

QuoteOriginally posted by Anvh Quote
It will either be Pentax users with a film lenses and want/have the money to upgrade or new users, both markets are relatively small if you ask me...
My experience is the opposite. Many Pentax users have at least one film lens. FA LTD and FA* are the most sought after lenses. I've seen new users on this site who bought the FA35 as their first lens.
01-28-2012, 10:52 AM   #199
Site Supporter

I agree.
One could state that pentax users are amongst the best regular and prominent film-industry sponsors in the mass business.
Not forgetting the film medium format users.

01-28-2012, 11:05 AM   #200
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My wife and I share 3 camera bodies - two Pentax film and one Pentax DSLR. We also share a whole bunch of lenses. I should run my three DA lenses through the SF-1 to see what vignetting is with them on FF bodies, but I'm too lazy for that and have a course to teach for the next six weeks. We have a couple of other old bodies that have seen better days. My two M lenses are fine on film. My Takumar 55/1.8 is fine on film. So are the FA 24-90 and the less than fine FA 28-80. There are a couple of off brand M42 lenses floating around as well. We are not the only people with old film lenses who meet on this list. Anyone who has a film era lens is automatically equipped for 24x36 bodies. I think that the DA lenses are not a particularly motivation killing item. Given a Pentax FF, I just might get one and Claire could take over the K10D. She is already finding it problematic to get film developed.
01-28-2012, 12:01 PM   #201
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
I agree with everything... except the part about zooms. If someone uses only the widest setting of that zoom, then I think that's that persons personal syle. They prefer primes, or are used to primes, and treat zooms like primes. I myself love the DA 10-17 for it's zoom capability.
How about this - I agree with the previous post in the sense that it's odd that there isn't a prime rectilinear 8mm or 12mm. I would be willing to trade off zoom for some combination of IQ/size/weight/aperture.
01-28-2012, 04:55 PM   #202
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Which is why I dev my B&W films on my own.
02-01-2012, 08:37 PM   #203
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
140 to go guys, and less than 2 weeks. Come on!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-02-2012, 01:43 PM   #204
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
120- we can do it!

Adam

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-02-2012, 10:28 PM   #205

I guess all pentaxians have asked the same question I am from PentaxKparK, a french frourm, and since 2007 people ask over and over about that. I don't think it'll happen but I pushed I like!
I hace also told people over there about that FB page (12000 members can help)
02-03-2012, 01:35 AM   #206
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rod67 Quote
I guess all pentaxians have asked the same question I am from PentaxKparK, a french frourm, and since 2007 people ask over and over about that. I don't think it'll happen but I pushed I like!
I hace also told people over there about that FB page (12000 members can help)
Adam is going to love you
02-03-2012, 04:57 PM   #207
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
The last 40- this is good! Doesn't look like it's too popular among the French based on the numbers, though

Adam

02-03-2012, 10:53 PM   #208

French are not that bad but these days they don't dream anymore. Maybe I am not french enough
02-04-2012, 09:25 PM   #209
Emperor and Senpai

I liked it! Also, looks like it's there.
02-04-2012, 09:29 PM   #210
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Wow- we hit it! Let's keep it going strong!

Adam