Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 155 Likes Search this Thread
04-01-2013, 11:28 PM   #1291
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Anvh Quote
Pentax camera's can already do something like that but not with that many photos and the output is JPEG.
Yes, I believe my old K-5 could do a multi exposure mode and output as a jpeg
My D800 can do it and output as a RAW (2-10 frames at up to 1/8000 sec in 0.5-3 sec automated intervals or manually shot)

I find it works well if you have a beefy tripod, just need to be careful not to blow highlights in this mode.. it's much easier to do in multi exposure.

04-02-2013, 02:41 AM   #1292
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by EchoOscar Quote
There is no Pentax 'full frame' camera.
Yet, watch this space.
04-02-2013, 02:50 AM   #1293
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by EchoOscar Quote
there is no Pentax 'full frame' camera.
Amazing how something that does not exist can fuel so much discussion and battles. Does that make this a religion? Pentaxfullframism? LOL!
04-02-2013, 11:05 AM   #1294
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It is inevitable, although worshipping it is unlikely going to make it come any sooner...

04-02-2013, 12:08 PM   #1295
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
worshipping it is unlikely going to make it come any sooner
Aye, we've all been praying for this long enough now.
04-02-2013, 05:17 PM   #1296
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well if we keep talking about it, the time will pass quicker.
Or we could get out and take some photos.
04-03-2013, 02:13 AM - 2 Likes   #1297
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Amazing how something that does not exist can fuel so much discussion and battles. Does that make this a religion? Pentaxfullframism? LOL!
We should be more careful, if we continue like this it will turn into a religion, and 10000 years from now the inhabitants of the small mountain state of Pentaxia have to endure a vicious totalitarian religious state with a total photography ban: "Thou shall not photograph, because that divine act is reserved for the Holy Pentax Full Frame In The Thirteenth Dimension!".

04-06-2013, 06:42 AM - 1 Like   #1298
Pentaxian

If anyone waiting for a Pentax FF model feels misrepresented by Jim Malcolm who stated in an interview that the feedback he received about an FF camera by "almost everybody" was "I don’t really need full frame. " then scoot over to the interview page and leave a comment stating your view.

Or just send an email to ask.pentax@prac.pentax.com. Best do both.

I have trouble making sense of what he said; what do you think?
04-06-2013, 03:44 PM   #1299
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Indeed, I do wonder about the Pentaxians he chose to give him the message that almost everyone don't really need full frame. I think the message should have come forward as "We know we don't 'need' FF - the K-5 II is a very good flagship APS-C, but we would really 'like' a FF to bring out the best from the best lenses that Pentax have to offer, such as the FA Limited lenses."
05-01-2013, 04:24 PM   #1300

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Indeed, I do wonder about the Pentaxians he chose to give him the message that almost everyone don't really need full frame. I think the message should have come forward as "We know we don't 'need' FF - the K-5 II is a very good flagship APS-C, but we would really 'like' a FF to bring out the best from the best lenses that Pentax have to offer, such as the FA Limited lenses."
Do I need FF right now? NO (probably)
Does Pentax need FF now? MAYBE
Do I want (to also pay) for FF in future? YES
Does Pentax need FF in future in order to survive and keep up with anothers? Probably for sure YES
Can I get advantage of FF visible in my work now? YES (alas can not effort it)

Can I jump the ship if I want? YES
Can Pentax jump the ship if they want? NO (They can only close down or merge.)

Does FF has better IQ due to physics? YES
Does professionals need FF? Most of times YES
Is the photographic community driven and inspired by professionals? YES
Are the professionals big part of sales (directly or undirectly)? Probably YES

Please let me know where you think I am wrong.
05-02-2013, 08:38 AM   #1301
Veteran Member

Just popped back in here to see what is happening. Surprised to see Ash here - I thought you had long gone to FF mate.

One question that I couldn't answer before, but can now (owning a FF camera or two), is will owning a FF camera open up more photographic possibilities for me ? Before I answer that I should just say that I had not even come close to fully exploring the capabilities of the excellent camera (K5) and lenses (inc. 15, 43, & 77 etc.) I owned. However the answer would still be an emphatic Yes. And is my photography improving because of it ? Again I'd answer Yes. I loved the K5 but (of course considering the price) the D800 is just so much better in nearly all respects and photography is, for me, now even more fun than it was before.

I waited a year for a Pentax announcement on a FF camera, and maybe now it is just around the corner, but sadly it will come too late because my Pentax lenses are all but gone and the last ones will be sold off soon. I would really loved to have used the 43 & 77 (and the Cosina 55/1.2) on a modern Pentax FF.
05-07-2013, 01:59 AM   #1302
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Frogfish Quote
One question that I couldn't answer before, but can now (owning a FF camera or two), is will owning a FF camera open up more photographic possibilities for me ? Before I answer that I should just say that I had not even come close to fully exploring the capabilities of the excellent camera (K5) and lenses (inc. 15, 43, & 77 etc.) I owned. However the answer would still be an emphatic Yes. And is my photography improving because of it ? Again I'd answer Yes.
That question pops up again and again in FF-threads here. Of course it improves ones photography. Simple accessories like remotes, lenshoods, filters, flash snoots already influence ones photography and learning curve. It would be really strange if then a different sensor format suddenly wouldn't.

QuoteOriginally posted by Frogfish Quote
I waited a year for a Pentax announcement on a FF camera, and maybe now it is just around the corner,
Pentax is always just around the corner. It has been for years now. So it probably will be for some more. We live NOW though.
05-07-2013, 09:01 AM   #1303
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
That question pops up again and again in FF-threads here. Of course it improves ones photography. Simple accessories like remotes, lenshoods, filters, flash snoots already influence ones photography and learning curve. It would be really strange if then a different sensor format suddenly wouldn't.
It depends on what aspect you mean off photography.

To say that your photos get more creative with better subjects and such is of course not right.

Only thing that might improve is your image quality but that's... 1% of the whole photo if you ask me.
I will not marvel at a photography because it's so sharp and the exposure is so perfect, ect.
05-07-2013, 11:07 AM   #1304
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Anvh Quote
It depends on what aspect you mean off photography.

To say that your photos get more creative with better subjects and such is of course not right.

Only thing that might improve is your image quality but that's... 1% of the whole photo if you ask me.
I will not marvel at a photography because it's so sharp and the exposure is so perfect, ect.
Colors are better with bigger sensors, as well.
05-07-2013, 01:40 PM   #1305
Veteran Member

Would love to see an example.
I'm actually working with 2 camera's with different sensor sizes and i'm hard pressed to see a difference in that regard.