Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 155 Likes Search this Thread
01-19-2012, 05:28 PM - 23 Likes   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
How to push the Pentax Full-Frame Idea and get that FF out faster...

I have been told by our friends over at Pentaxeros (the Spanish Pentax community) that "it is believed" that a full-frame is on its way, although it's a personal hunch and not at all an official statement, let alone something based on what's currently in the pipeline. It seems that Ricoh isn't opening up to anyone about what they're working on, so I guess time will tell what they come up with.

In the mean time, we will continue to try to push the Pentax Full-Frame idea and if we reach 3000 "Likes" in support of a Pentax Full-frame by CS+ (which is in 3 weeks), an official letter from Pentax Spain will go out to the higher-ups in order to make them aware of this strong backing.

Just a few numbers:
Currently, the (unofficial) Pentax Full-frame page has 2,200+ followers, while...
the PentaxForums page has almost 7,000...
and the official Pentax page has 43,000.

So, combined, out two unofficial pages have almost a quarter of the followers of the official page, which really says something, doesn't it?

Add on top of that this:
PentaxForums.com's global traffic rank is 19,978, while
PentaxImaging.com's global traffic tank is 136,591.

So, if we speak up, we will be heard. Let's make it happen!

Update: the letter to Pentax Japan has been written. Sit tight to hear what they respond with! Keep on supporting the full-frame page, as Pentax executives will soon be visiting it!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-19-2012, 05:49 PM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Done and Commented
01-19-2012, 05:58 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I don't know how much louder I can speak about what I want from Pentax! I've tried to voice my opinion on this forum on several issues recently and was shut down and my thread locked...however I will tell everyone I know about the Pentax FF I want regardless of the naysayers who trample loyal Pentaxians!
01-19-2012, 06:09 PM - 7 Likes   #4
Veteran Member

I don't care as much about a 135mm body as I want to see some serious glass. To me sensor size is not as important as having a DA* 135mm f/1.8 or a D-FA* 85mm f/1.4 with something better than SDM.

01-19-2012, 06:11 PM - 1 Like   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
DA* 135mm f/1.8 or a D-FA* 85mm f/1.4
I second this thought- when will these lenses come??

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-19-2012, 06:18 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
I don't care as much about a 135mm body as I want to see some serious glass. To me sensor size is not as important as having a DA* 135mm f/1.8 or a D-FA* 85mm f/1.4 with something better than SDM.
With the release of a fullframe, Pentax will have to release professional grade lenses like the two you are asking for and then some.
01-19-2012, 06:29 PM - 1 Like   #7

just Push the damn "Like" Button, for Gods sake !

I think Roob-N-Boots has a valid point there !

01-19-2012, 06:39 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Will do as soon as I gets home....

I also agree with Roob-N-Boots, a FF will bring new DFA options.
01-19-2012, 06:39 PM - 3 Likes   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
I don't know how much louder I can speak about what I want from Pentax! I've tried to voice my opinion on this forum on several issues recently and was shut down and my thread locked...however I will tell everyone I know about the Pentax FF I want regardless of the naysayers who trample loyal Pentaxians!
Ah yes, the loyal Pentaxians who demand that Pentax change their strategy abandon their advanced APS-C camera niche in order to produce a higher-priced product that many of the loudest advocates won't even buy. Such loyal, loyal Pentaxians.

Not like the people who buy and support their current product line and hope for continuing innovation and evolution of the same. Those traitors!
01-19-2012, 06:40 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mehlsack Quote
just Push the damn "Like" Button, for Gods sake !
I'm not one of those panting for a FF but it seems to me that, for them as are, Adam's proposal makes a lot of sense.
01-19-2012, 06:46 PM - 6 Likes   #11
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

QuoteOriginally posted by Roob-N-Boots Quote
With the release of a fullframe, Pentax will have to release professional grade lenses like the two you are asking for and then some.
Which is exactly why I think going full frame is a HUGE MISTAKE and hope Pentax does not go this route. It will bankrupt the company unless Ricoh is prepared for a long term front end investment that will have no returns for 5 years.

Pentax has a 5% market share and the only people who will buy FF are current Pentax owners. You will get no business from Canon or Nikon shooters who already have a FF camera. Plus going FF is not one body. Does Pentax make a Landscape shooters camera at 24-36MP Hi-res sensor or a wedding shooters camera at 16-20MP high ISO sensor? Or both? How long would it take to create and build 12-16 lenses for this and a new flash system (the current flashes are not nearly good enough for a pro grade system).

All this would require a huge investment for what? 2% of the market if they are lucky? Don't do it Pentax. You build great APS-c cameras, keep doing that.
01-19-2012, 06:58 PM - 3 Likes   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
Ah yes, the loyal Pentaxians who demand that Pentax change their strategy abandon their advanced APS-C camera niche in order to produce a higher-priced product that many of the loudest advocates won't even buy. Such loyal, loyal Pentaxians.

Not like the people who buy and support their current product line and hope for continuing innovation and evolution of the same. Those traitors!
You're not talking about me, thats' for sure. I'm going to buy whatever new APS-C comes out in addition to the FF if they produce one.

I always put my money where my "mouth" is.

My gear...don't ever mistake me for a casual Pentaxian, as I have been here for the long run.

EI100
(3) EI200
HP912/EI2000
(2) *istD,
K10D
(2) K5
(2) K1000
(3) K2
Super Program
Me Super
(2) MG
P5
Optio W10
Optio W80
Optio WG

About 20 Pentax Flashes.
About 60+ Lenses.
About a mile of flash cords and a ton of accessories.
Many other Pentax cameras that I have sold along the way

So don't try and invalidate my loyalty to Pentax.

Last edited by LaurenOE; 05-28-2012 at 05:51 AM.
01-19-2012, 07:00 PM   #13
Veteran Member

For a long time I've wanted Pentax to fill out their D-FA lineup. I think if they brought a lot of good lenses out, like a high quality D-FA* 24 mm for example, people would buy that even if a full frame never showed up. But then once they brought that camera out, they'd already have the lenses for it.

Plus it has always looked so lonely, consisting of nothing but macro lenses.
01-19-2012, 07:03 PM - 1 Like   #14
Veteran Member

Wouldn't be better to create an official petition page and get everyone to sign it?

This way, people wouldn't need a facebook account to participate and and you could send the links to every Pentax corp.

I also think we should have a top most wanted feature links for upcoming bodies also.
This way Pentax would have no excuses in releasing the ultimate camera's! - Though please don't make lists without consulting with people first. imo. they never end-up being accurate and many very small but important features get left out.

My two cents.
01-19-2012, 07:09 PM - 1 Like   #15
Veteran Member

I think that people who buy FF camera its a bunch of well educated shooters - to spend 2000 for a camera it must be very reasonable and well thought reason.... for that kind of people 3 limiteds will be more than enough to take an advantage of such a camera - at least for me it will be. 12-16 lenses during the wedding and especially during on location session? I take and use maximum 2-3 lenses (one fast zoom as a backup would be nice)