Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 155 Likes Search this Thread
10-29-2012, 10:27 AM   #961
Veteran Member

I at least am not talking about a camera road map, i simply want an indication if there is more in the Pentax pipeline when it comes to camera's and to witch market they are aiming that product.
Nothing more nothing less.

As for selling products, we all know that a camera is replaced every 2 to 3 years so nothing new there.
When camera is 2 years old we know it's end of life.

What I want to know is if there is a camera in the pipeline above the K5 mkII, I've a K5 and i don't find the mkII worth the €1200 upgrade price over what i've now. I believe many think the same way.
So what potential market do they hurt by saying that a new camera above the K5 mkII might come before next summer?
It's in a different market then the k5 so it won't hurt their sales and for me it would be the green light to invest more into Pentax which i don't plan on doing now.

10-29-2012, 11:07 AM   #962
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Anvh Quote
I at least am not talking about a camera road map, i simply want an indication if there is more in the Pentax pipeline when it comes to camera's
You have plenty such indications; and even the lens roadmap is one
10-30-2012, 10:45 AM   #963
Veteran Member

Please tell me how you know that then since i don't see it.

There is 1 DA* lens on the roadmap and that's a "super zoom" almost so not my cup of tea lens.
If this is your indication that Pentax is coming out with a higher end camera then the K5 mkII then i don't buy it.
10-30-2012, 11:08 AM   #964
Veteran Member

That DA* could be interpreted as a 24-75mm lens.

10-30-2012, 11:15 AM   #965
Veteran Member

If we look how the DA18-270 is indicated then the DA* lens is most likely 16-80mm, i can see it being 75mm but it's wider then 24mm at least.

But this is going off topic.
Which lens on the roadmap indicates that there is a higher end camera coming, i don't see the signs, do you?
10-30-2012, 11:24 AM   #966
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Anvh Quote
Please tell me how you know that then since i don't see it.
That's easy: the DA 560mm f/5.6 wasn't made with the K-5 II in mind
The roadmap itself shows that Pentax Ricoh is serious about lenses, which more or less implies they are serious about cameras, too.
10-30-2012, 02:26 PM - 1 Like   #967
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think that Pentax Ricoh should spell out their exact plans for the future without hiding not one thing in the form of official press releases, so that the other manufactures can squash Pentax like an annoying bug. This will make it easier for all of us Pentaxians to make the right decision about what to do with our equipment.

11-05-2012, 10:43 PM   #968

My vote for Pentax digital FF.

Here's my vote for a Pentax digital FF with a backward compatible mount.
11-07-2012, 12:00 PM   #969
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by raykam Quote
not crippled, you mean; yea, I agree.
11-07-2012, 01:36 PM - 1 Like   #970

QuoteOriginally posted by raykam Quote
If it isn't K-mount compatible then the announcement will be drowned by Pentaxians laughing all the way to the nearest Nikon dealer
11-07-2012, 11:14 PM   #971
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MrCynical Quote
If it isn't K-mount compatible then the announcement will be drowned by Pentaxians laughing all the way to the nearest Nikon dealer
Reallly? I'm a Pentaxian, and I would greatly appreciate a new mount. Because without a new mount SR won't be possible.
11-08-2012, 01:42 AM - 1 Like   #972
Veteran Member

I just want it to be a mirrorless FF.... Then just sell that damn thing with a K-mont adapter provided by default....

Then under the accessories, sell adapters for ALL mounts currently in the market.
11-08-2012, 11:28 PM   #973
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SyncGuy Quote
I just want it to be a mirrorless FF.... Then just sell that damn thing with a K-mont adapter provided by default....

Then under the accessories, sell adapters for ALL mounts currently in the market.

After waiting so long for a FF DSLR from Pentax, I'm sure quite a lot of us would be quite appalled if all Pentax offers is a mirrorless FF.

One of the big advantages of an FF DSLR is the big viewfinder. With an electronic viewfinder on a mirrorless it would be difficult to see much advantage

with a FF sensor over an APS-C except for DOF issues.

Pentax is quite welcome to make a FF mirrorless but to neglect it's potential FF DSLR customers would not make any sense. And yes the K-mount should have no crippling.
11-08-2012, 11:55 PM   #974
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Reallly? I'm a Pentaxian, and I would greatly appreciate a new mount. Because without a new mount SR won't be possible.
I don't believe that you can say this is even remotely true. At best (or worst, perhaps) you can probably say that some of the older lenses do not project a large enough image circle to work with a body stabilisation system, in some circumstances. You could possibly also say that stabilisation will only work over a limited range of movement. You can't, however, use an absolute phrase like "won't be possible" and I doubt that you could justifiably use "won't be practicable", either.

There is a belief, based on inadequate evidence, I think, that the full range of sensor movement shown to occur in the Sony IBIS system is needed for adequate stabilisation in a future Pentax K-mount FF body. However, I will defer once again, for those who missed it the first, second or third time around, to Falk's contribution on the subject, as quoted in the thread on this subject: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-5/200214-ibis-road-block-pentax-...ml#post2137167.

Of course, if anyone has a more convincing position on the subject, then let's see it.
11-09-2012, 12:22 AM   #975
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Fortunately, you are wrong. At most, new lenses would be required - with a slightly larger image circle; but I suspect some of the actual lenses will work with SR.
For SR-incompatible "FF" lenses (but which are they?) a slight cropping would solve such issues. Though my guess is that it's not necessarily the image circle, but the image quality that makes launching a new line of lenses imperative.