Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-09-2013, 03:11 PM   #1351
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by CodyShaw Quote
Does any1 else often get the itch to move to Cannon or Nikon for a FF, but stay with pentax NOT because of FA lenses or whatever else, but because they just like the way pentax do things?
Like, I like the menus, the look of the cameras, the non-fuss around it - the underdog status. Everytime I look at Can/Nikon lenses and bodies, I think "this is just stupid", e.g. $1700 for a second hanf 5D mk2. So that's $800 more than a K-5 II which has better AF and similar high ISO. it's madness and i dont like it and THAT's why I stay with Pentax, not because of FF glass i have.
The full frame Nikon D600 is at the top of the DxoMark sensor ratings with the D800 and you could get a refurbished by Nikon one at B&H for $1,589.95 w/free shipping .

07-09-2013, 11:23 PM   #1352
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
I think there is no Photokina this year.
But it is next year. And we'll have CP+, too.
07-09-2013, 11:32 PM   #1353
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
What's the probability of Pentax marketing something this September, despite the fact that there is no Photokina?
07-11-2013, 01:43 PM   #1354

I thought that this page is about pushing FF faster and not promoting jumping the ship. But maybe it will be noticed by Pentax that there is lot of will for FF and even to abandon ship if not satisfied. As matter of fact, I was surprised. On Buy/Sale are 4 or 5 K5. 2 are mark II, another one is admitting jumping ship to Sony to APS-C MILC. I guess all these people are jumping a ship, because they are selling whole gear. Do you think Pentax will notice and understand?

07-11-2013, 05:51 PM   #1355
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by em-tx Quote
I thought that this page is about pushing FF faster and not promoting jumping the ship. But maybe it will be noticed by Pentax that there is lot of will for FF and even to abandon ship if not satisfied. As matter of fact, I was surprised. On Buy/Sale are 4 or 5 K5. 2 are mark II, another one is admitting jumping ship to Sony to APS-C MILC. I guess all these people are jumping a ship, because they are selling whole gear. Do you think Pentax will notice and understand?
You need to walk the street in both directions.
So the opposite is true too. People are abandoning other brands and jumping to Pentax.
There is no other reason for jumping ships but either curiosity or anxiety.
07-12-2013, 12:23 AM   #1356
Veteran Member

There's an alternative to jumping ship, and that's to buy into another system while keeping one's current system. If, say, a Nikon owner wants medium format as well, they have no choice but to buy into another brand (hopefully Pentax). I can't afford medium format digital, so I bought a Nikon D800, which is the next best thing as far as I can see. I know that it means buying more lenses, but for someone like myself with chronic and incurable LBA, that is a positive advantage.
07-24-2013, 06:26 AM   #1357

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I have been told by our friends over at Pentaxeros (the Spanish Pentax community) that "it is believed" that a full-frame is on its way, although it's a personal hunch and not at all an official statement, let alone something based on what's currently in the pipeline. It seems that Ricoh isn't opening up to anyone about what they're working on, so I guess time will tell what they come up with.

In the mean time, we will continue to try to push the Pentax Full-Frame idea and if we reach 3000 "Likes" in support of a Pentax Full-frame by CS+ (which is in 3 weeks), an official letter from Pentax Spain will go out to the higher-ups in order to make them aware of this strong backing.

Just a few numbers:
Currently, the (unofficial) Pentax Full-frame page has 2,200+ followers, while...
the PentaxForums page has almost 7,000...
and the official Pentax page has 43,000.

So, combined, out two unofficial pages have almost a quarter of the followers of the official page, which really says something, doesn't it?

Add on top of that this:
PentaxForums.com's global traffic rank is 19,978, while
PentaxImaging.com's global traffic tank is 136,591.

So, if we speak up, we will be heard. Let's make it happen!

Update: the letter to Pentax Japan has been written. Sit tight to hear what they respond with! Keep on supporting the full-frame page, as Pentax executives will soon be visiting it!
I agree!

07-24-2013, 01:27 PM   #1358
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by joker1011 Quote
I agree!
:
I have just checked, original Adam's post was from almost 18 months ago, because he was talking about CP+ 2012.
Geez, 18 months!
And yes, same thing was re-iterated during the CP+ 2013, 6 months ago.
07-24-2013, 02:46 PM   #1359
Pentaxian

All this has happened before, and all this will happen again...
07-24-2013, 04:36 PM   #1360
Veteran Member

Maybe when you make a peptition that we don't want a 135format DSLR they will actually come with one

But for now i rather they come out with a new top range camera and refresh the DA*16-50 and DA*50-135, the image of those lenses has been hurt a lot so if they can make improvements regarding the SDM and image quality of the DA*16-50.
They can then also make DA*11-16 f2.8 maybe...
07-24-2013, 11:37 PM   #1361
Veteran Member

Seriously, 3000 people "liking" the Pentax FF concept isn't really a motivating figure for Pentax to market one. And it's 18 months ago, I wonder how many are left of those 3000.
07-25-2013, 12:02 AM   #1362
Pentaxian

The question is, 3000 out of how many? You can't draw a conclusion without at least trying to guess the sample size.
Or, if you want to fight against the idea of a Pentax FF DSLR no matter how, you can assume that everyone on this planet knew about the Facebook page but except for 3000 of them were completely uninterested.
07-25-2013, 02:41 AM   #1363
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
The question is, 3000 out of how many? You can't draw a conclusion without at least trying to guess the sample size.
It's not a conclusion, it's my opinion / feeling:

There are very little Pentaxians that walk into a store, buy a DSLR and never have any gear related questions, no problems, no need to upgrade, etc... Most users are forced to find their answers online on internet fora like this. They cannot help but stumble upon loads of FF related threads. I haven't been able to find a Pentax related forum in which this particular poll wasn't promotod. So, there are very little Pentax users that are not knowledgable about the Pentax FF issue. And out of all those... only 3000 were interested enough to press "like". And out of all those that press "like", how many will actually buy it when it's finally here?

So that's why to me, 3000 likers feels like a very low number.
07-25-2013, 02:42 AM   #1364
Veteran Member

Guys, in almost the same situation Nikon was prior to release of D3. However they already had excellent APS-C gear aimed to journalists (paparazzi sport journalists etc) accompanied by dying Analog cameras and lenses. I remember my awakening when i took F100 and haw amazed i was with AF of this camera compared to my K10D. It was over 10 years old camera but AF seamed to be 10 years ahead of Pentax. I believe Pentax will not release a dude in neither respect. Its simple: give competitive product and market will sort out the rest.... The only thing that stop Pentax from release FF camera is the lack of technical advancement regarding AF and obsolete pTTL... and i am sure they know that.
07-25-2013, 01:27 PM   #1365
Veteran Member

It all comes down to sales, as long as Ricoh thinks they can't make money out of FF camera i don't see they will do it.
It will be quite an investment and therefore risk, it's not something you do over night...
Sony with all their money and marketing couldn't get FF off the ground and they did had a good camera with good lenses so that wasn't the problem. So i'm sure Pentax will think twice.