Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-13-2012, 04:24 PM   #721
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
It seemed so. Happy holidays (or whatever you're celebrating, or happy weekend if you aren't celebrating anything).
This exchange is over.
I am celebrating my up coming vacation to Prague next week, where APS-H and MF sensors are accompanying!

04-13-2012, 04:30 PM   #722
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
All right, I'll start a rumor: Pentax will launch something, sometimes. Speculations?
Whatever it is, I hate it. What a disappointment! I'm selling all my Pentax gear and moving to Canon Nikon Oly Holga!
04-13-2012, 05:06 PM   #723
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Quicksand Quote
Whatever it is, I hate it. What a disappointment! I'm selling all my Pentax gear and moving to Canon Nikon Oly Holga!
You are gonna miss out on FF though
04-13-2012, 05:12 PM   #724
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, it's no wonder Pentax has been circling the drain. How can they expect to compete by offering this whatever-it-is that's going to be introduced at some point in the future? Ridiculous, and ugly too!

Ned, explain yourself!

04-14-2012, 08:49 PM   #725

Pentax is simply obliged to create FF, his(its) action граничят with надувательством. All optics - high-quality job on Pentax FF, flies to a basket, and he continues release of optics under FF, masking under DA.
04-15-2012, 06:39 AM   #726
Banned

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote
I am celebrating my up coming vacation to Prague next week, where APS-H and MF sensors are accompanying!
I could only afford the fourth floor - what's all the noise up there all about??
04-16-2012, 02:08 PM   #727
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BigDave Quote
Well Team!

From my point of view they are running out of numbers (K20D, K7, K5, after K5- K3?) which are all ASC-P sensors. With the K-01 out, even though it is not an SLR, they can't call anything a K-1 as it would be WAY too confusing! So my thinking is they have to go UP in numbers now to make a distinction from the smaller sensor cameras. How about a K1000D! Look at the ROOM they would have for upgrades (K997D, K995D etc.). Even if you went by hundreds (k900D, k800D) you still have about 10 versions you can go to! And like the original K1000, it could be an entry level, simpler, FF DSLR to get us all started and get those FF lenses sold. Just give me two wheels (f-stops and shutter speeds).

And the guessing continues!

Regards,
The model designation starts with LX. Problem solved.
04-19-2012, 06:17 AM   #728
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Sony didn't get the 'no compete' memo

"...According to top sources the upcoming next Sony full frame cameras “main feature” will be the low price. What does it mean? There will be no new big special feature compared to the actual A77 camera (a part of course the bigger full frame sensor and improved EVF). Sony learned from the A77 customer reaction and improved many details. To me that sounds good! I don’t need new marketing bla bla features. The A99 should “just work”. The A99 will very likely feature a new 24 Megapixel full frame sensor. My suggestions? Improve the JPG engine, release the camera with a mature firmware (no more blackouts)."

link --> (SR4) Sony wants to price the A99 as low as possible. It’s a Full Frame A77

Gee, I thought Sony wasn't supposed to be doing stuff like this anymore?

04-19-2012, 06:19 AM   #729
Pentaxian

Is it announced?
04-19-2012, 06:33 AM   #730
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
"...According to top sources the upcoming next Sony full frame cameras “main feature” will be the low price. What does it mean? There will be no new big special feature compared to the actual A77 camera (a part of course the bigger full frame sensor and improved EVF). Sony learned from the A77 customer reaction and improved many details. To me that sounds good! I don’t need new marketing bla bla features. The A99 should “just work”. The A99 will very likely feature a new 24 Megapixel full frame sensor. My suggestions? Improve the JPG engine, release the camera with a mature firmware (no more blackouts)."

link --> (SR4) Sony wants to price the A99 as low as possible. It’s a Full Frame A77

Gee, I thought Sony wasn't supposed to be doing stuff like this anymore?

rumour -and it didn't seem to have any proper backing to me...
well lets just hope that pentax beat them to the punch.
04-19-2012, 06:40 AM   #731
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
The model designation starts with LX. Problem solved.
No "running out of number" when there is still roman numbers. I was dissapointed when they never made a XC on their 90-years birthday some years ago (I'm sure they would had it not been for Hoya), but I liked your idea of a D-LX on the 60 years anniversary of their first camera. Though if they keep to traditions it should come a year too late, like the LX did when it came in 1980 instead of 1979.

As long as they don't introduce an APS-C camera labeled K-FF. That would cause a lot of havoc here and maybe require medical care for some of our members...
04-19-2012, 06:50 AM   #732
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Douglas_of_Sweden Quote
No "running out of number" when there is still roman numbers. I was dissapointed when they never made a XC on their 90-years birthday some years ago (I'm sure they would had it not been for Hoya), but I liked your idea of a D-LX on the 60 years anniversary of their first camera. Though if they keep to traditions it should come a year too late, like the LX did when it came in 1980 instead of 1979.

As long as they don't introduce an APS-C camera labeled K-FF. That would cause a lot of havoc here and maybe require medical care for some of our members...
if it's announced at photokina for delivery in 2013 it will be a year late.
04-19-2012, 08:35 PM   #733

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
if it's announced at photokina for delivery in 2013 it will be a year late.
Not for me. However if it's not announced soon, I'll have to sell the house and buy a pair of 645Ds.
04-24-2012, 03:24 AM   #734
Veteran Member

Found on the MFlenses.com forum, posted today in a board not accessible to visitors:

"I stopped by one of the two best camera shops in SF today and while there asked if they had any news about a Pentax FF DSLR. Their owner, earlier this year at a tech show, had talked to a Pentax rep who said Pentax would unveil an FF DSLR in September at the camera show in Germany. Then it ought to be available for purchase around Q4 -- hopefully in time for it to be my Christmas gift to myself.

So that's exciting. No word on the potential pricepoint, but the Pentax rep apparently confirmed it will compete with the 5D, D800, and Sony's FF."

I won't comment because it's just hearsay, but do I want one: hell yes!
04-24-2012, 03:36 AM   #735
Inactive Account

I won't believe it till I can mount my DA 40 & 70 on it