Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-06-2012, 09:44 PM   #286
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gtl Quote
Problem is the nikons weigh a ton. Arghh I just need a FF for FA limiteds. Problem solved. Till then... Leica looks to be the way in the far future.
Indeed, I had no interest in FF till I bought FA limiteds. Fantastic lenses but the focal lengths make so much more sense on a FF body than crop. Unfortauntely I can't afford Leica.

03-06-2012, 09:58 PM   #287
gtl
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by twitch Quote
Indeed, I had no interest in FF till I bought FA limiteds. Fantastic lenses but the focal lengths make so much more sense on a FF body than crop. Unfortauntely I can't afford Leica.
Neither can I... Maybe in 5-10 years i guess. A second hand M9 should be affordable by then.
03-06-2012, 11:55 PM   #288

Photos: Albums
I am just waiting on the Pentax-k mount FF module for the Ricoh GXR. I can not imagine that we will see a FF DSLR from Pentax.
03-07-2012, 12:52 AM   #289
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I would love the FA LTD trio on FF... Sadly I don't want glass degrading their IQ either. But I do intend on getting a D800 and starting over in Nikon land.. I will get an M42 adapter for it though, to play with some of my Takumars etc. Most of the great glass is $1500+ but there are some gems well under $1000 such as the micro-nikkor 105 VR, 85 1.8D or G, 50 1.4 D or G and a few others.. My problem is going to be affording the longer glass.. I think I'll end up with a Tamron 200-500 down the road and that will have to do.. I really want a great 20-28mm lense.. But they are pricey and some have pretty nasty mustache distortion.

03-07-2012, 12:56 AM   #290
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
On a side note.. I missed a D3 on fleabay the other day.. It ended up going for $2028.... Peanuts for that camera! I tried to bid at the last few sec.. And someone else must have beat me by 1/2 a second... Doh!
03-07-2012, 02:28 PM   #291
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gidion27 Quote
I am just waiting on the Pentax-k mount FF module for the Ricoh GXR. I can not imagine that we will see a FF DSLR from Pentax.
Ricoh bringing out a M mount module with only 1.5 crop didn't fill me with hope for a FF K mount module There's a gapping hole in the market for a FF M mount camera (priced < $5k), where a manufacturer could charge a fortune, yet no one has done it other than Leica themselves.
03-07-2012, 02:45 PM   #292
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ricoh bringing out a M mount module with only 1.5 crop didn't fill me with hope for a FF K mount module There's a gapping hole in the market for a FF M mount camera (priced < $5k), where a manufacturer could charge a fortune, yet no one has done it other than Leica themselves.
the m module is due for a new sensor apparently (original run with the other sensor has now exhausted the sensor stock) but AFAIK it will be the K5 sensor

03-07-2012, 09:49 PM   #293
Veteran Member

Someone should make a body with a full-frame sensor and "mount modules" for every legacy mount ever.
03-07-2012, 11:55 PM   #294

Photos: Albums
Ricoh bringing out a M mount module with only 1.5 crop didn't fill me with hope for a FF K mount module
Good piont... but I assume that the price will go down on the FF sensor and at that stage Ricoh or Pentax will hopefully jump on the band wagon.

It is sad that Pentax has not confirmed a release for this type of camera. But I will just holding out till it arrives, in the end switching now might be to soon. If really desparet will get a Eos 5d and an adapter.
03-08-2012, 02:00 AM   #295
gtl
Veteran Member

Problem is the EOS 5D mirror would hit the FA limited's aperture lever. And honestly, why bother with the hassle. Just shoot canon FF glass.
03-08-2012, 07:31 AM   #296
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gtl Quote
Problem is the EOS 5D mirror would hit the FA limited's aperture lever. And honestly, why bother with the hassle. Just shoot canon FF glass.
That's unless you take a dremel to the 5D's mirror box like one of our forum members did.

Deadwolfbones, I agree, that'd make a great product for a next gen GXR.
03-08-2012, 09:47 AM   #297
Inactive Account

Pentax still bullshit their supporters. They always run behind others
Let's see what happening in this world today! Nikon D4, D800 and Canon 5Dmark III has been launched!

No more Pentax's stuffs until they have FF. Otherwise, go for Nikon or Canon in this end of year.!
03-08-2012, 09:51 AM   #298
Veteran Member

I have read the reasons why people want a FF camera. However, I would like to see a couple of photos taken with a FF camera and someone explain to me why they cannot be taken with a 1.5X crop sensor camera. I seriously expect someone to be able to answer this.
03-08-2012, 10:18 AM   #299
gtl
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by traderdrew Quote
I have read the reasons why people want a FF camera. However, I would like to see a couple of photos taken with a FF camera and someone explain to me why they cannot be taken with a 1.5X crop sensor camera. I seriously expect someone to be able to answer this.
Checkout the full frame thread. Its all in the shallow DOF

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/non-pentax-cameras-canon-nikon-etc/110876...-thoughts.html
03-08-2012, 10:30 AM   #300
Pentaxian

QuoteQuote:
Don't hold your breath, I've been begging for months.

The one guy who did post a comparison FF and APS-c, I liked the APS-c better. For myself, for every time I want narrower DoF and my 50 1.7 or Tamron 90 macro won't get it done, there are 20 times I can't get enough D0F and having an FF would make it worse. ANd on 80% of my shooting altogether DoF is not an issue. So a Full frame would be of benefit to me 1% of the time and it would cost 100% more. ANd it still wouldn't help me, because I won't carry a camera I use 1% of the time unless it fits in my pocket. Even when FF would be better, APS-c images of the same scene aren't bad. But , for some people, the heart has to have the heart has to have... there's no other way to explain it.