Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-24-2012, 03:46 AM   #736
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I had a dream that I've taken pictures with small FF camera from Pentax...In body close to K-5.

04-24-2012, 03:50 AM   #737
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
I had a dream that I've taken pictures with small FF camera from Pentax...In body close to K-5.
No wonder; all Pentaxians wanting a FF want exactly that.
04-24-2012, 04:27 AM   #738
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
Found on the MFlenses.com forum, posted today in a board not accessible to visitors:

"I stopped by one of the two best camera shops in SF today and while there asked if they had any news about a Pentax FF DSLR. Their owner, earlier this year at a tech show, had talked to a Pentax rep who said Pentax would unveil an FF DSLR in September at the camera show in Germany. Then it ought to be available for purchase around Q4 -- hopefully in time for it to be my Christmas gift to myself.

So that's exciting. No word on the potential pricepoint, but the Pentax rep apparently confirmed it will compete with the 5D, D800, and Sony's FF."

I won't comment because it's just hearsay, but do I want one: hell yes!
That would be nice and fill everyone's dreams, but I call bull.
04-24-2012, 05:24 AM   #739

Damn, more rumors?! And I am preparing myself mentally to switch to Canon for the tilt-shift lens... Now if Pentax brings a FF in September, one can dream further and imagine a tilt-shift lens in K mount.

DUH!

04-24-2012, 05:49 AM   #740
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Spag Quote
Damn, more rumors?! And I am preparing myself mentally to switch to Canon for the tilt-shift lens... Now if Pentax brings a FF in September, one can dream further and imagine a tilt-shift lens in K mount.

DUH!
I would think a Tilt Shift may come eventually but it's been a long time since Pentax made one, the last one I am aware of was the K 28 3.5. OTOH Arsat still makes 2 Tilt shifts in K mount or M42 your choice (a 35 2.8 and 80 2.8)

Arax Photo | Specials | MC ARAX 2.8/80mm Tilt & Shift lens.
04-24-2012, 05:51 AM   #741
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Spag Quote
Damn, more rumors?!
Prepare yourself! Because in the autumn we'll certainly see ... a new crop of rumors of a FF release somewhere in the future.
04-24-2012, 05:58 AM - 1 Like   #742
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
if it's announced at photokina for delivery in 2013 it will be a year late.
Many Pentaxians will be left in 2013 to pick up a Pentax FF but no doubt some are currently being lost to the Nikon D800, perhaps receiving the final nudge with the recent change in USA pricing policy by Ned "We didn't raise lens prices" Bunnell.

04-24-2012, 05:59 AM   #743
Inactive Account

I also heard today from my local Pentax headquarters that there is new stuff coming in the end of the summer. I asked if a FF is on the way and the answer they gave my was " I cant tell you that but some really really cool stuff is coming" and a big smile!
04-24-2012, 06:01 AM   #744
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Raffwal Quote
Prepare yourself! Because in the autumn we'll certainly see ... a new crop of rumors of a FF release somewhere in the future.
A new crop of FF cameras... hehehe LOL (pun intended)
04-24-2012, 06:02 AM   #745
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
I would think a Tilt Shift may come eventually but it's been a long time since Pentax made one, the last one I am aware of was the K 28 3.5. OTOH Arsat still makes 2 Tilt shifts in K mount or M42 your choice (a 35 2.8 and 80 2.8)

Arax Photo | Specials | MC ARAX 2.8/80mm Tilt & Shift lens.
My understanding is that Samyang will deliver one shortly

http://photorumors.com/2012/03/04/samyang-to-release-a-24mm-tilt-shift-lens-in-few-months/
04-24-2012, 06:22 AM   #746
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
My understanding is that Samyang will deliver one shortly

Samyang to release a 24mm tilt shift lens in few months | Photo Rumors
I'm not surprised. Samyang has been on a roll of good lens releases. As long as you are ok with Manual focus their lenses are very good at (mostly) reasonable prices. If I was shopping for a used MF 85 I'd have to seriously look at the samyang as well since most of the 85's in the pentax lineup sell for more than the samyang without the A setting. Certainly there are other considerations but it's a great value
04-24-2012, 07:03 AM   #747
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks like the rumors have converged to a FF Photokina announcement. Considering there's been 4+ seperate mentions of this spanning months, I'm banking on it being probable. Good times ahead, now let's hope they follow Asahiflex's idea of an LX-D with an interchangeable viewfinder.
04-24-2012, 07:22 AM   #748
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
Found on the MFlenses.com forum, posted today in a board not accessible to visitors:

"I stopped by one of the two best camera shops in SF today and while there asked if they had any news about a Pentax FF DSLR. Their owner, earlier this year at a tech show, had talked to a Pentax rep who said Pentax would unveil an FF DSLR in September at the camera show in Germany. Then it ought to be available for purchase around Q4 -- hopefully in time for it to be my Christmas gift to myself.

So that's exciting. No word on the potential pricepoint, but the Pentax rep apparently confirmed it will compete with the 5D, D800, and Sony's FF."

I won't comment because it's just hearsay, but do I want one: hell yes!
QuoteOriginally posted by TOUGEFC Quote
That would be nice and fill everyone's dreams, but I call bull.
QuoteOriginally posted by jani80 Quote
I also heard today from my local Pentax headquarters that there is new stuff coming in the end of the summer. I asked if a FF is on the way and the answer they gave my was " I cant tell you that but some really really cool stuff is coming" and a big smile!
That's been the word on the street here since December - "Ricoh plans to release a competitive pro camera." This time I believe it.
04-24-2012, 07:34 AM   #749
Pentaxian

Before we all get too excited:
  1. Someone has posted to this forum that they visited their Pentax dealer and that the latter couldn't reveal anything with the exception of one piece of information "No FF in 2012".
  2. Does Sony have the capacity to supply Pentax with sensors and can Pentax obtain a sensor for a price low enough to be competitive?
  3. Hoya was quite openly not in favour of an FF model. Do we really believe that Pentax had enough time to fully develop an FF model, even assuming Ricoh gave the green light?
I don't think it is completely out of this world to speculate an FF is in the making, but I'd be very surprised if we saw one this year.
04-24-2012, 07:47 AM   #750
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Before we all get too excited:
I don't think it is completely out of this world to speculate an FF is in the making, but I'd be very surprised if we saw one this year.
My take is 3 new dSLR's announced and released in time for holiday shopping. FF announced and a prototype shown under glass - with a release date in 1st half of 2013. That's been on the street here for several months.

I know nothing - I'm just a guy who wanders around camera store second hand Pentax lens cases asking innocent-sounding questions.

FWIW, at certain stores second-hand Pentax lenses have risen dramatically here in the last couple months.

[EDIT:] Example: K105/2.8 I bought September, 2011 for $169 in a retail store used department is now $269 with the same EX condition and caps. A50/1.4 is now $199 vs. $149.

Last edited by monochrome; 04-24-2012 at 10:12 AM.