Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 70 Likes Search this Thread
07-24-2012, 12:37 AM   #616
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by LamyTax Quote
Lamy is a maker of PENs which I like very much.
You're funny. How naive do you think we are?

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
You are new to the forum, and promptly described the DA*60-250, one of the highest rated lenses in our database, as a Coke bottle. By any standards that is pretty harsh, certainly misinformed, and probably deliberately provocative.

That's what trolls do.
They're good at derailing and hijacking threads too. Which is also the case here.

07-24-2012, 12:45 AM   #617
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
You're funny. How naive do you think we are?
They're good at derailing and hijacking threads too. Which is also the case here.
Now you're simply offensive.

I'm talking about FF in a FF thread and you accuse me of derailing/hijacking a thread. Can you stop the meta talk and go back to topic?

My reasoning is not baseless.
07-24-2012, 05:11 AM   #618
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There's not an absence of information .
There's no end of data when it comes to speculation about a 35mm sensor Pentax, but very little of it can be turned into reliable information. If there's going to be an announcement at Photokina I would expect some of that to start appearing in the next few weeks.
07-24-2012, 06:24 AM   #619
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
There's no end of data when it comes to speculation about a 35mm sensor Pentax, but very little of it can be turned into reliable information. If there's going to be an announcement at Photokina I would expect some of that to start appearing in the next few weeks.
So why don't we all just cut the crap and WAIT....

07-24-2012, 06:29 AM   #620
Veteran Member

Photokina runs 18-23 of September so I would expect any serious rumours and leaks to start at the end of august, and the first official announcements to begin around the 14-15 trying to get a jump on others (Pentax never seems to do that though so we'll see they may well change their strategy under ricoh)
07-24-2012, 06:46 AM   #621
Veteran Member

Now you're simply offensive.
When you choose a nickname that is offensive to the very forum you're registering to, you kinda paint a big fat bullseye on your head.

I'm talking about FF in a FF thread and you accuse me of derailing/hijacking a thread.
The topic here is the Pentax FF rumors, not the Pentax lens lineup. There are multiple, extensive threads on that. One you already know and ignored, the other one exactly described your problem:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/191495-not-tro...nadequate.html

But again, there's LOADS of good FF glass for a FF Pentax body available:
- Pentax own FF-compatible (yes limited) lineup.
- 3rd party lineup, like Sigma and Tamron.
- An ocean of used glass. The zooms you crave can be found amongst the FA's.

I agree, it would be smarter of Pentax to cover the holes in their lineup theirselves and with new lenses asap. But the question there is: Can they afford to wait even longer with issueing a FF camera while their competition is vastly expanding their FF capabilities for lower and lower prices? At this point, maybe fixing THAT is much more important and urgent then the holes in their lineup. Maybe it's much smarter to issue a brilliant and unique FF Pentax machine together with a new FF lens roadmap for the comming years at the same time.

Personally, I would jump on that Pentax FF in a split second. I've got loads of FF glass to play around with untill new lenses arrive. Just like most other Pentaxians. The advantage of backwards compatibility results in lots of Pentax users already owning FF glass. Who says they'll even buy the new FF lenses when they arrive?

It's useless to mop up the floor when the tap is still spilling water on it.
07-24-2012, 07:01 AM   #622
Veteran Member

When you choose a nickname that is offensive to the very forum you're registering to, you kinda paint a big fat bullseye on your head.
That's your personal interpretation. I've already given you how that nickname came about. You chose not to believe me, but what can I do about that.
You do know Lamy, the PEN maker, don't you? It's a word play. Maybe not obvious to you, but who made you the judge over my intentions?

QuoteQuote:
The topic here is the Pentax FF rumors, not the Pentax lens lineup. There are multiple, extensive threads on that.
Taken out of context. I've given explanation why I think releasing the body is not wise due to the lack of proper lenses in production. You disagree with that. That doesn't make me derail the thread.

QuoteQuote:
One you already know and ignored
Again, what's the point there? One zoom that sort of works does not make a proper lineup. Also, why "ignored"?

QuoteQuote:
-An ocean of used glass. The zooms you crave can be found amongst the FA's.
Which might turn out to be not that great due to old coating. Also, *you* think I crave zooms, I've never expressed that. I stated that it's wise to release new ones.
Again, you're overanalyzing what I say.

QuoteQuote:
I agree, it would be smarter of Pentax to cover the holes in their lineup theirselves and with new lenses asap
So when you agree on that, why the drastic reaction? Ricoh has clearly stated their business perspective with Pentax.

QuoteQuote:
But the question there is: Can they afford to wait even longer with issueing a FF camera while their competition is vastly expanding their FF capabilities for lower and lower prices?
They maybe can wait one or two more years. APS-C is nearing its practical resolution maximum.

Consider this: Pentax Ricoh wants more market share. That doesn't work so well by merely satisfying their current user base. It's all about those guys who buy a new DSLR, ask for full frame... and the seller says: "Then you should consider Pentax".

07-24-2012, 07:15 AM   #623
Veteran Member

Again, what's the point there? One zoom that sort of works does not make a proper lineup. Also, why "ignored"?
Because you keep claiming something that's untrue. You either haven't read the thread(s), didn't understand it, or you're deliberately denying things.

Which might turn out to be not that great due to old coating.
Geez, I honestly thought the FA's were all SMC too.

Consider this: Pentax Ricoh wants more market share. That doesn't work so well by merely satisfying their current user base. It's all about those guys who buy a new DSLR, ask for full frame... and the seller says: "Then you should consider Pentax".
From a strategic point of view, it would be absurdly stupid for Pentax to disclose their intentions to market a FF DSLR. Then they surely shouldn't announce their plans by releasing a whole range of DFA zooms. They should market the body first, or market the body and new lenses at the same time.
07-24-2012, 07:19 AM   #624
Veteran Member

From a strategic point of view, it would be absurdly stupid for Pentax to disclose their intentions to market a FF DSLR. Then they surely shouldn't announce their plans by releasing a whole range of DFA zooms. They should market the body first, or market the body and new lenses at the same time.
This is the reality. If/When they announce a FF they will either announce a range of lenses at the same time, or a few key lenses with a roadmap for the rest
they aren't likely to drop a roadmap that shows a range of Ff lenses before they announce a camera that would just be irresponsible. on the plus side the DA50 that came out last week is FF according to the released info (no surprise really just a rework of older designs) and i plan on using the one I have ordered on a film camera for now
07-24-2012, 01:44 PM   #625
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So why don't we all just cut the crap and WAIT....
There has to be a first time for everything, I guess...
07-24-2012, 04:03 PM   #626
Pentaxian

no FF, but k-5 ii - simply because they're aiming MF medium format, moreover no complete FF line-up as of this writing.
07-25-2012, 03:35 AM   #627
Veteran Member

FF will come when it will come. But the ground-breaking D600, upon its arrival, will direct so much talk into Nikon - which surely Canon will match. Those two have come from specs wars to pricing wars now. If Pentax strikes now with their own FF, it would have to be very revolutionary to turn the talks away and start generating revenue. Timing is a very big factor.
07-26-2012, 08:34 PM   #628
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You are new to the forum, and promptly described the DA*60-250, one of the highest rated lenses in our database, as a Coke bottle. By any standards that is pretty harsh, certainly misinformed, and probably deliberately provocative.

That's what trolls do.
That's gotta hurt.

Last edited by monochrome; 07-27-2012 at 07:27 AM.
07-26-2012, 08:45 PM   #629
Veteran Member

I was told a few minutes ago by a Pentax rep that the K-30 is still a Hoya design and that it is unlikely any Ricoh inspired/funded designs will appear before next year. He even mentioned the K-3 and said that was more likely to be a Hoya design with a few additions (like the K-30). He hinted that next year will see a complete rejigging of the product line but obviously refused to elaborate.
07-26-2012, 08:48 PM - 1 Like   #630
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This whole discussion is really simple. Just read everything there is to know about the Pentax LX, understand what the LX did to Asahi Pentax financially despite its groundbreaking features (and single, glaring omission), extrapolate all of the above into the current digital marketplace and you will have a fairly good general roadmap of what is to come soon, and what the effect will be on PRIC and the market place.

For a little sizzle, understand that May 12, 2012 was the 60th anniversary of the release of the Asahiflex, the first SLR camera; that the LX was released 60 years plus one year after the inception of Asahi Optical Company (in honor of the 60th anniversary of the company); and you will have a pretty good idea of when PRIC will announce and release their FF camera.

Read my Signature. All will be revealed in coming months.