Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-28-2012, 09:42 PM   #646
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote
You know, there can be several "updates" with APS-C cams until FF comes out, and it just may be cheaper to buy D800 and few lenses and be done with it right this moment. I mean we only live once. What if we die before Pentax FF comes out? That ain't cool. I want FF now! I want my photos to get that shallow depth of field right this minute. How can I possibly deprive my fans of such shallowness? What about all the weddings being shot with Pentax, without being shallow in their depth of conscious (i meant field)? I can't do that. It's wrong. It's immoral.
I am moved by the force of your argument. I feel the same about Aston Martins, so I think I'll just go and get one, because I may get hit by a bus tomorrow, and dying in a classy British sports car would make me feel so much better about it.

07-28-2012, 10:15 PM   #647
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
I am moved by the force of your argument. I feel the same about Aston Martins, so I think I'll just go and get one, because I may get hit by a bus tomorrow, and dying in a classy British sports car would make me feel so much better about it.
May the force be with you.
07-29-2012, 12:12 AM   #648
Veteran Member

What about all the weddings being shot with Pentax, without being shallow in their depth of conscious (i meant field)? I can't do that. It's wrong. It's immoral.
Yeah, and then afterwards, the bride and room say: "Why do all the pictures have such blurry backgrounds?!?!"
07-29-2012, 01:36 AM   #649
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Yeah, and then afterwards, the bride and room say: "Why do all the pictures have such blurry backgrounds?!?!"
Yes. Sometimes one gets here the impression that the only good DOF is the shallow DOF.

07-29-2012, 04:28 AM   #650

Photos: Albums
You know, there can be several "updates" with APS-C cams until FF comes out, and it just may be cheaper to buy D800 and few lenses and be done with it right this moment. I mean we only live once. What if we die before Pentax FF comes out? That ain't cool. I want FF now! I want my photos to get that shallow depth of field right this minute. How can I possibly deprive my fans of such shallowness? What about all the weddings being shot with Pentax, without being shallow in their depth of conscious (i meant field)? I can't do that. It's wrong. It's immoral.
Yes, D800 may have the highest Mpx count but it has its own problem. Nikon's most loyal fan Thom Hogan rated it as 'Not recommended' on his site given its focussing problem. Sure i won't rush to get one soon...
07-29-2012, 06:45 AM   #651
Pentaxian

[[deleted]

Last edited by beholder3; 08-11-2013 at 07:22 AM. Reason: [deleted]
07-29-2012, 07:56 AM - 1 Like   #652
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Important message to pass on to all the women-folk out there...

Just so they know how us men work...

Now, this is for basses, but it works the same for cameras, lenses, sports cars, etc.

Cheers,
Cameron

07-29-2012, 08:02 AM   #653
mee
Veteran Member

Wouldn't it be funny if.. Pentax really didn't have another camera ready for Photokina.. and all of this time wasted on guessing what it would be was.. wasted. Oh how we'd laugh.. cry... laughhh...
07-29-2012, 04:17 PM   #654
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hopes, dreams, wishes, aspirations, discussions on unannounced camera gear - all free.
Whether it is time wasted is up to each individual...

But that doesn't stop the desire for being able to have the legendary and never-obsolete FA Ltds fitted onto a fine Pentax FF camera.
07-30-2012, 07:39 AM   #655
Veteran Member

Humans are prone to speculation. Whether it's on things or people, we speculate, surmise, and wonder...

The fact of it is, we love Pentax, and we would love, absolutely love, to put our FA limiteds on a FF. After all, those lenses were designed for such and that's where there's amazing magic.
07-30-2012, 08:14 AM   #656
Pentaxian

It's true. I'd love to put the Limiteds on a FF DSLR, as well as my FA* 24 and 80-200. At this point there's not many FF lenses I'd be interested in buying if Pentax came out with a bunch to coincide with their FF release, especially if they don't come with an aperture ring. But I'd consider a DFA* 250-600 and if they put an aperture ring on it I'd go for a DFA* 200/4 macro WR.
07-30-2012, 09:12 AM   #657
Veteran Member

If I were a Tony Stark-level engineer genius with all the cash corporations wanted, I'd probably rip the sensor out of a D800E and make ways to fit it and make it work in a K-5 body, just to make a 35mm digital K-5.

Then color the body crimson red and brazen gold. lol but seriously I would, if I were like the abovementioned fictional person.
07-30-2012, 09:51 AM   #658
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Alizarine Quote
If I were a Tony Stark-level engineer genius with all the cash corporations wanted, I'd probably rip...
If I were THAT rich, I'd probably just buy Leica. That S2 is a wicked camera.
07-30-2012, 08:03 PM   #659
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
If I were THAT rich, I'd probably just buy Leica. That S2 is a wicked camera.
If you were THAT rich, you probably wouldn't be an engineer (speaking as an engineer, who doesn't know any seriously rich ones). However, if you were, you'd probably know your own limitations, and pay someone to do it for you, properly, just for the hell of it!
07-30-2012, 08:51 PM   #660
Pentaxian

Pentax FF DSLR isn't coming anytime soon. Some people here are masochist, really =)

Next annoucements: K-5 APS-C replacement, some overpriced DA and, WITH A LOT OF LUCK, K-mount module for GXR. If not so lucky, another useless MILC.