Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 70 Likes Search this Thread
08-01-2012, 04:54 PM   #721
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
Forget EVFs.

What I'd like to know about this Emacs guy is why his avatar looks exactly like a Nazi party flag with a xi instead of a swastika.
Probably because he's a nazi. What did you think you stupid ...

That's just retarded, shut it please.

BTW, where are the mods? This thread is nuts.

08-01-2012, 05:06 PM   #722
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
That's why emacs is on my ignore list. I feel personally offended. Long ago, I kindly asked emacs to change his avatar and I reported his avatar to Adam and I am actually rather shocked that he did not act at all. And I am sure emacs does exactly intend to provoque the kind of reaction he gets. IMHO, he deserves to be banned immediately and w/o further notice.

Not when it comes to racism or people obviously sympathizing with it or their symbols. Over here in Germany, we received an education to never ever again let it happen. No space for tolerance here. We even have laws which would apply here ...

But as such discussions heat up quickly and emacs is on my ignore list anyway, this is going to be my only comment on the matter.
I see the white circle on a red background as being a derivation from 'that' flag but the symbol is just an E. But in the end though, I suppose that it is a Nazi flag as it appears to be the intent.

I have difficulties with the person in question too but I will say no more on this subject here.
08-01-2012, 05:36 PM   #723
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Don't forget the waist off money spend on the bigger sensor you'r not using with cropping. With the same image as an end result you need bigger lenses or take a walk towards your pictureframe to make it the same.
I assume you're only talking about long lenses (i.e. perspective change of 1.5mm focal length change isn't appreciable)?
08-01-2012, 06:33 PM   #724
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think at the end of the day having both is the way to go

08-01-2012, 08:29 PM   #725
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Let's just get back to FF rumors please

btw, if Nikon can fit an FF sensor in the D7000 body, that is probably because they don't have the SR mechanism around the sensor....
As for FF in a K-5 body, it could be possible but, can Pentax still fit the SR stuff in it with a sensor almost twice as big?
08-01-2012, 08:32 PM   #726
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Wired Quote
I think at the end of the day having both is the way to go
That's my eventual plan. I just hope I can make it real without having to resort to Nikon.
08-01-2012, 08:56 PM   #727
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fikkser Quote
Probably because he's a nazi. What did you think you stupid ...

That's just retarded, shut it please.

BTW, where are the mods? This thread is nuts.
Another satisfied, inoffensive Forums customer ....

08-01-2012, 09:31 PM   #728
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by glanglois Quote
Another satisfied, inoffensive Forums customer ....
You have to wonder just how brave some of these guys would be to your face.
08-02-2012, 12:00 AM   #729
Veteran Member

As a user of the 'Classic' VB forum style (see bottom of page), and with Thread Display Options > View Avatars turned off, I don't see any avatars...
Fast, simple and no fuss
08-02-2012, 12:03 AM   #730
Veteran Member

A march announcement for FF development is certainly possible.
But that doesn't mean much, they've announced the 645D quite a few times .

They certainly can pull it off within a year from now, so they might just announce it in march.
08-02-2012, 12:15 AM   #731
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
I assume you're only talking about long lenses (i.e. perspective change of 1.5mm focal length change isn't appreciable)?
Well I'm mostly talking about longer lenses, starting from 85mm on aps-c. I do some sports and I'm not allowed to walk on the field during a game, so I would need a longer lens.
08-02-2012, 12:39 AM   #732
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LamyTax Quote
A march announcement for FF development is certainly possible.
But that doesn't mean much, they've announced the 645D quite a few times.

They certainly can pull it off within a year from now, so they might just announce it in march.

What if they were already working on one before the Ricoh switch? Then it could even be unveiled in September. Together with a FF lineup... The the three FA ltds in DFA form with WR and DC motors.

I know it's not realistic; just trying to rescue this thread.
08-02-2012, 12:51 AM   #733
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Fl_Gulfer Quote
CONS ... more difficult to fill the frame with distant, easily-spooked subjects like birds
Just crop to APS C dimensions and you have your "fill" or am I overlooking something here.

Greetings
08-02-2012, 12:56 AM   #734
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
What if they were already working on one before the Ricoh switch? Then it could even be unveiled in September. Together with a FF lineup... The the three FA ltds in DFA form with WR and DC motors.

I know it's not realistic; just trying to rescue this thread.
There's too much other stuff going on at the moment. The transition period wasn't easy. I'd be really surprised if they have one ready for photokina.
Hoya was tough to work under. If they've worked on FF back then, it was only a small team, and not full time.

It'd make sense for Pentax not to release a high-end FF-body for their first FF-camera. There's not much market for that.
Rather have something like the D800. Doesn't take magic to develop it, either.
The problem with such a release is -- by that time, the prices for D800 and 5DMIII will be lower than they're now, so what price range to aim for!?
An affordable FF-body surely will gain momentum.

QuoteOriginally posted by Fl_Gulfer Quote
Full frame cameras

PROS
take full advantage of wide-angle lenses
allows the photographer to move in closer to the subject and so reduce the depth of field
the larger sensor has manufacturing advantages that can result in less noise in your images
great for landscape photography and often preferred for street photography

CONS
more expensive than APS-C
more difficult to fill the frame with distant, easily-spooked subjects like birds
The wide angle thing isn't an argument imho. Just look at how well some UWA-lenses perform on APS-C.
Full frame isn't that great for photography with long lenses, either, like you say.
Of course, if you have a high resolution FF-sensor that has the same pixel size of an APS-C sensor, then you can crop without loss (well, in theory).

What it really comes down to is image quality/higher resolution (or same resolution at better specifications) and better control over DOF.

Last edited by LamyTax; 08-02-2012 at 01:05 AM.
08-02-2012, 01:28 AM   #735
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LamyTax Quote
It'd make sense for Pentax not to release a high-end FF-body for their first FF-camera. There's not much market for that.
Rather have something like the D800. Doesn't take magic to develop it, either.
The problem with such a release is -- by that time, the prices for D800 and 5DMIII will be lower than they're now, so what price range to aim for!?
An affordable FF-body surely will gain momentum.
I totally agree, I would pre-order that FF that's more affordable then any competition in no-time. Just like many others, that part of the market is wide open. It will even attract people from Canon and Nikon, who want FF, but find it to expensive.

BUT... Pentax is still trying to get rid of the 'cheap'-stigma, even though they haven't been cheap in years. So they are going to want to avoid that.

The only solution to that is producing some niche product, as they stated themselves. A specialized high quality FF body that is much more affordable then the competition, only because it lacks certain features. For example: The worlds smallest most portable FF body. Together with the small limiteds in a revamped edition. That would certainly put Pentax back on the map. (Even if it means having an EVF. )