Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-15-2012, 01:14 PM   #46
Inactive Account

More Pentax full frame DSLR rumors | Photo Rumors

look what you've done now!

06-15-2012, 01:26 PM   #47

Photos: Albums
parsons: ouch! now that may change the game plan if those rumors are real, as I don't think these are supposed to be leaked...
06-15-2012, 01:32 PM   #48
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
A FF K-01 would be the most useless camera ever.

A compact FF DSLR, on the other hand, is pretty much a dream come true. Nowadays you either put up with all the bulk or buy expensive rangefinders if you want a big sensor. There's a niche awaiting to be filled.
06-15-2012, 01:35 PM   #49
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by parsons Quote
I think that might be a case of circular rumour-mongering.

And this looks so very fake - looks like someone used MS paint to place the "K-3" there

EDIT: indeed, that's the same image that appeared on 4/1.

06-15-2012, 01:47 PM   #50
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by hcarvalhoalves Quote
A FF K-01 would be the most useless camera ever.
Well I disagree, since that serves a different market and is very cheap to introduce next to the FF dslr. I did some studiowork last week with K-01 and having a dslr is not nessacery, since that mirrorless can do the trick. That would be the same for a pro full frame mirrorless.
06-15-2012, 01:50 PM   #51
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
I think that might be a case of circular rumour-mongering.

And this looks so very fake - looks like someone used MS paint to place the "K-3" there

EDIT: indeed, that's the same image that appeared on 4/1.

the k3 will probably look quite a bit like that besides the mirror size and whitebalance symbol
they wont name any FF k-3. that will just confuse everything even more than it is already
06-15-2012, 01:54 PM   #52
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Well I disagree, since that serves a different market and is very cheap to introduce next to the FF dslr. I did some studiowork last week with K-01 and having a dslr is not nessasery, since that mirrorless can do the trick. That would be the same for a pro full frame mirrorless.
I think that if there were the possibility to put fast ff glass inside the mirror box then it would be ok. my fear is that it would have to be relatively slow to fit,( what with all the other stuff, sdm linkage for example, might be wrong about that though) so there wouldn't really be much advantage.

06-15-2012, 01:58 PM   #53
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
Another rumour ?! Sooooo cool ! let's talk about this on hundreds of pages !

WOUHOUUUU !

Its like a soap opera!!!

All we need is dramatic music and then the show to abruptly end before it ends with a message that says 'tune in next week for the conclusion...'
06-15-2012, 02:02 PM   #54
Forum Member

I heard from an unreliable source two days ago saying Sony has agreed to let Pentex use the FF sensor of Sony A99.
Again, as I posted here couple of months ago here, a much more reliable source said the Pentex FF camera will be released during Photokina this Sept.
Let's see. Anyway I don't have any interest to buy a full-frame in couple of years. It is just too big to carry around for me.
06-15-2012, 02:07 PM   #55
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by feishui Quote
I heard from an unreliable source two days ago saying Sony has agreed to let Pentex use the FF sensor of Sony A99.
Again, as I posted here couple of months ago here, a much more reliable source said the Pentex FF camera will be released during Photokina this Sept.
Let's see. Anyway I don't have any interest to buy a full-frame in couple of years. It is just too big to carry around for me.
who are these sources? FF at photokina has been the rumour since for ever.

its going to be the smallest FF apparently.. so will probably be about k5 sized is my guess/little bigger.

better not be the size of that k-1 prototype anyway! that wasn't a brick (k-01?) more like a breeze block... far far too big!
06-15-2012, 02:20 PM   #56
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by parsons Quote
I think that if there were the possibility to put fast ff glass inside the mirror box then it would be ok. my fear is that it would have to be relatively slow to fit,( what with all the other stuff, sdm linkage for example, might be wrong about that though) so there wouldn't really be much advantage.
Well even not why I would want it, but the mirrorbox from a ff camera is bigger then inside the K-01 that has a smaller aps-c sized box. So maybe a good kitlens could be made for it.

Difference between the both could also be in other manors like electronics. The mirrorless with only a single PRIME M engine (jpg 3 fps and RAW again only 1 fps) while the dslr could run on a dual core with more power and very different and faster AF, housing like K-01 and the dslr in a robust magnesium alloy. The price difference could well be a few hundred $ and the mirrorless will be smaller.

Look at the both:

http://camerasize.com/compare/#285,187

Both K-01 and K-5 have to grow to house the larger sensor, but still the mirrorless will be the smaller one.
06-15-2012, 02:30 PM   #57
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by yen800 Quote
you are correct Alizarine, but will ricoh invest on FF that much to get sony sensor asap? I don't think so.... and I heard K-5 successor is currently placed on hold too...
Uh-oh, that's rabbit in the headlights. If they don't do both, even if the new K5x is taken down a notch, they will be stuffed, imho. At the mo there is just the K-30 to carry the whole brand. I'm sure it will be a good camera but it's hardly a flagship to keep folks happy and staying with Pentax till sometime next year.
06-15-2012, 02:32 PM   #58
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Based on my calculation with partial utilization of Feynman Diagram, the probability of this rumor being true is roughly 66.6%, give or take 0.753%. This however is forever complicated by Heisenberg's uncertainty principle in that no rumor can ever be validated at aany particular point in time. Even if confirmed by Pentax themselves, it's existence would be paradoxical at best in that Schrodinger's cat is as dead as any rumors spun by RH. In conclusion, it is doubtful that even Pentax actually exist at all. So FF for sure by photokina.
06-15-2012, 02:34 PM   #59
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by yen800 Quote
and I heard K-5 successor is currently placed on hold too...
Well that would be a pitty, but on the other hand, presenting it on PhotoKina with a fast market introduction would also be good. Maybe we have to get used to a new two year rotation with our camera's instead of the 17 months that was before.
06-15-2012, 02:37 PM   #60
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote
Based on my calculation with partial utilization of Feynman Diagram, the probability of this rumor being true is roughly 66.6%, give or take 0.753%. This however is forever complicated by Heisenberg's uncertainty principle in that no rumor can ever be validated at aany particular point in time. Even if confirmed by Pentax themselves, it's existence would be paradoxical at best in that Schrodinger's cat is as dead as any rumors spun by RH. In conclusion, it is doubtful that even Pentax actually exist at all. So FF for sure by photokina.
I'm honored