Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 70 Likes Search this Thread
07-30-2012, 09:00 PM   #661
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Cambo Quote
Just so they know how us men work...

Now, this is for basses, but it works the same for cameras, lenses, sports cars, etc.

Cheers,
Cameron
Somehow I prefer option #1 (or a combination of both) but as I only have one bass ( and 9 guitars) I'm not sure where I fit in. I think lenses have taken the place of guitars for me these days. I consider myself lucky to be alive after the last disatrous relationship I was in so I won't mention women apart from that.

07-30-2012, 09:05 PM   #662
Veteran Member

If they announced a FF they'd effectively wipe-out quite a number of DA* sales so they'll probably just wring every drop of blood out of APS-C for the moment. But unless they start some kind of two teared [product line] or transition to FF soon they'll miss the boat if they haven't already. If they released a digital LX/MX combo of cameras they might stand a chance just using a small core of genuine Pentax limiteds in the short term. I expect they will release a FF MILC before a FF DSLR though. But seeing as I got my D800E back from Nikon yesterday I'm not really interested much at this point.

Last edited by bossa; 07-31-2012 at 04:18 AM.
07-30-2012, 09:33 PM   #663

I have a Nikon FF system also and have been looking at the D800 very closely, but being the dreamer I am I decided to wait and see with the Pentax FF until the end of this year. That said, in my frustration I finally purchased a K5 just to try to keep my interest in Pentax going, not to mention my quite large (Quite the relationship killer I might add) collection of Pentax lenses that need exercise!
07-31-2012, 02:13 AM   #664
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
If you were THAT rich, you probably wouldn't be an engineer (speaking as an engineer, who doesn't know any seriously rich ones). However, if you were, you'd probably know your own limitations, and pay someone to do it for you, properly, just for the hell of it!
I know a couple of engineers who're freaking rich. But they seem to be in the same ratio as any other proper profession makes people freaking rich.

QuoteOriginally posted by hcarvalhoalves Quote
Pentax FF DSLR isn't coming anytime soon. Some people here are masochist, really =)

Next annoucements: K-5 APS-C replacement, some overpriced DA and, WITH A LOT OF LUCK, K-mount module for GXR. If not so lucky, another useless MILC.
You need to clean your crystal ball .

Right now, Pentax has both the capacity and the will to develop FF. And they also have a company in the back which wants them to do it.
What we don't know is how far the development is. Maybe two years, three if they're unlucky. But rather a little less.

07-31-2012, 02:27 AM   #665
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hcarvalhoalves Quote
Pentax FF DSLR isn't coming anytime soon. Some people here are masochist, really =)
Pentax FF DSLR will be announced in March 2013. It's final decision.
07-31-2012, 02:37 AM   #666
Pentaxian

Are you sure about this, or it's just a rumor?
07-31-2012, 02:41 AM   #667
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
If I were THAT rich, I'd probably just buy Leica. That S2 is a wicked camera.
The S2 is ever stupid decision.
The MF camera MUST be mirrorless: smaller body, smaller and optically superior WA lenses, ability to nail the focus as accurate as possible, better metering.
There's NO reason to build mirrored MF camera, because the only advantage of mirrored cameras today is PDAF can focus faster. As we know fast focusing isn't something we really need for MF

07-31-2012, 02:47 AM   #668
Pentaxian

How about the best reflex viewfinder on a digital camera? That could be an advantage, compared with some consumer-level EVF
07-31-2012, 03:07 AM   #669
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Relax, he makes it up on the spot. Otherwise he would have provided a URL or something else that supports the rumor.

QuoteOriginally posted by Emacs Quote
The S2 is ever stupid decision.
The MF camera MUST be mirrorless: smaller body, smaller and optically superior WA lenses, ability to nail the focus as accurate as possible, better metering.
There's NO reason to build mirrored MF camera, because the only advantage of mirrored cameras today is PDAF can focus faster. As we know fast focusing isn't something we really need for MF
[SARCASM]
Yes Emacs, lets slap on a cheap flimsy laggy low res EVF on such a spectacular camera. No, such a camera doesn't need a real-time super-clear optical viewfinder. And while we're at it, lets make it so small that only delicate Russians can handle it.
[/SARCASM]

I was fortune enough to handle a S2 once. The VF is spectacular!

Last edited by Clavius; 07-31-2012 at 03:12 AM.
07-31-2012, 03:15 AM   #670
Veteran Member

How about the best reflex viewfinder on a digital camera? That could be an advantage, compared with some consumer-level EVF
LOL
Try to find any advantage over EVF, I only can count disadvantages:
1) Framing accuracy is lower than with EVF
2) Exposure control is a bad joke when compare to EVF
3) Focus accuracy is inferior compared to EVF (and tend to get worse over time due to its mechanical nature)

So, what is the advantage?
07-31-2012, 03:24 AM   #671
Veteran Member

Sure, it was told by pentax rep. at the pentax event in Spb this weekend.
BTW, it would be just stupid not to produce FF. The APS-C DSLR market is doomed to death. Especially the pentax niche of compact light cameras: mirrorless are more compact, even smaller, their autofocus doesn't seem to be slower than one of Pentax DSLRs, but it is MUCH more accurate. I stopped recommending Pentax to anyone: if someone need WR solution I mention Olympus OM-D, not Pentax.
07-31-2012, 04:03 AM   #672
Forum Member

sure, you're one of the persons that says that No FF is kinda stupid, but, you recommend OM-D µ4/3 over pentax K-5 Aps-c

digital VF vs Optical VF

Mirrorless can have accurate Af, sure.. but that's a little more complicated in facts.
Accurate Af on moving subjects is not better on ML than DSLR

what's the point on recommanding olympus over pentax ??

even the price range is unbalanced
07-31-2012, 04:06 AM   #673

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Relax, he makes it up on the spot. Otherwise he would have provided a URL or something else that supports the rumor.

[SARCASM]
Yes Emacs, lets slap on a cheap flimsy laggy low res EVF on such a spectacular camera. No, such a camera doesn't need a real-time super-clear optical viewfinder. And while we're at it, lets make it so small that only delicate Russians can handle it.
[/SARCASM]

I was fortune enough to handle a S2 once. The VF is spectacular!
I saw this girl in Paris shooting some street style shots. She told me the VF was so bright that you need to wear this mask to darken it somewhat
07-31-2012, 04:15 AM   #674
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by spellcaster Quote
sure, you're one of the persons that says that No FF is kinda stupid, but, you recommend OM-D µ4/3 over pentax K-5 Aps-c

digital VF vs Optical VF

Mirrorless can have accurate Af, sure.. but that's a little more complicated in facts.
Accurate Af on moving subjects is not better on ML than DSLR

what's the point on recommanding olympus over pentax ??

even the price range is unbalanced
Hey! We are talking about Pentax dslrs, right? I really doubt if Pentax continious af is accurate enough to be practically usable. So no advantage here
07-31-2012, 04:28 AM   #675
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Emacs Quote
LOL
Try to find any advantage over EVF, I only can count disadvantages:
1) Framing accuracy is lower than with EVF
2) Exposure control is a bad joke when compare to EVF
3) Focus accuracy is inferior compared to EVF (and tend to get worse over time due to its mechanical nature)

So, what is the advantage?
1) Framing accuracy can be high enough for all practical purposes. We'll see if Pentax will go 100% on the next 645D.
2) Nope
3) Nope
Of course a medium format reflex viewfinder has advantages compared to a consumer EVF. A big, bright natural image (which also is real time) with which manual focus without any magnification is a breeze... an EVF has a long way to go before attempting to emulate this.