Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-29-2013, 07:48 AM   #1261

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Medium FormatPro Quote
Even if Pentax would never have plans for a fullframe -why not come out and admit it
I completely agree! Pentax has a K-lens roadmap for 2012 and 2013. I want to see a K-DSLR roadmap for 2013 and 2014.

01-29-2013, 01:09 PM   #1262
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
No, it isn't. Even with a natively supported synch speed of 1/250th there is a loss of flash output. As things stand HSS will be with us for a while yet, until global shutters are more common in larger sensors.
Read again the part you quoted and your response which has not much to do with my point.
There may indeed be a loss of power with higher synced speed, at least the possibility is obvious.
You didn't however address my point being that SR is responsible for lower sync speed (being the officially offered shutter speed).

Do you really think Pentax would refrain to market a 1/250 sync speed because it lowers (how much? probably not too much but this is so dependent on selected flash) the flash output power ?? I doubt that VERY much.
01-30-2013, 07:05 PM   #1263
Pentaxian

So, supposedly, I hear it will be called KF-1. Please don't ask where I heard that.
01-31-2013, 10:38 AM   #1264
ogl
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote
So, supposedly, I hear it will be called KF-1. Please don't ask where I heard that.
The same name I've heard some time ago.

01-31-2013, 11:03 AM   #1265
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote

I hope it doesn't stand for 'KlusterFrick'!!!!
01-31-2013, 12:15 PM   #1266
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Medium FormatPro Quote
Even if Pentax would never have plans for a fullframe -why not come out and admit it.
Because Pentax knows their main userbase consists of people with a bunch of legacy glass that are waiting for FF. As soon as Pentax admits not to pursue FF is the moment the biggest part of their customers vanish.
01-31-2013, 01:16 PM   #1267
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Pentax execs have already said more than once that they're developing a FF camera. The developers are separate from the marketers who will then test such a camera's viability in the current market. Then the execs will make an announcement...
01-31-2013, 03:45 PM   #1268
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Pentax execs have already said more than once that they're developing a FF camera. The developers are separate from the marketers who will then test such a camera's viability in the current market. Then the execs will make an announcement...
My recollection from the interview that appeared is Pentax are investigating FF or something like that and they expect to make a decision soon. I don't translate that to "developing" unless there's other info out there that confirms they're moving ahead with FF.

01-31-2013, 03:57 PM   #1269
Pentaxian

Let's take a look at this one:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/209035-pentax-plan-201...ml#post2214364
"The development of a full-frame camera has been going on, however whether it becomes a product is up to marketing. "

Or this one:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/201538-dc-watch-interv...ml#post2129978
"We are developing towards commercial productization and will definitely launch though, it is the matter of whether it makes sense or not for Pentax to produce similar FF SLR to others and slightly smaller & lighter FF Lenses than others. As to time frame, it is under advanced development towards 2013 or later. You can expect that."
01-31-2013, 04:13 PM   #1270
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

And I also doubt that the majority of Pentaxians will dump Pentax even if they somehow announce that they will not be manufacturing a FF camera in the foreseeable future. The K-5 and K-5 II versions are still very good cameras and cannot be discounted in the presence of current FF cameras.
01-31-2013, 05:09 PM   #1271
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Pretty sure marketing is hard at work already in determining the features/price point that they have to be in to have a viable product. It's up to engineering to produce a camera that meets what the market demands. The problem is that the market demands and expectations can change pretty fast. Hopefully Pentax can shoot for the $2500 range with a really well built FF.
01-31-2013, 10:20 PM   #1272
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
The same name I've heard some time ago.
I cannot say much more about it, but . . .
02-01-2013, 02:19 AM   #1273
Pentaxian

Canon boss: "the future of APS-C at the semi-pro level is in doubt"

...but 70D is still coming.

CP+ 2013: Interview with Canon's Masaya Maeda: Digital Photography Review

QuoteQuote:
Now that full frame is appearing in cameras the size and price of the 6D, the future of APS-C at the semi-pro level is in doubt, he says: 'That's something we're considering at the moment. From our semi-pro users there's still demand for APS-C but in the future, I think we will see an increase in the number of full-frame models.' Either way, that doesn't close the door on an EOS 70D though - when asked when we can expect one, Maeda promises: 'some day in the future. Without fail.'
02-01-2013, 03:03 AM   #1274
Pentaxian

Pentax FF camera will be called

1. KFC; Kmount Fulframe Camera.
Chips, ketchup and a bottle of Coke free with every purchase.

2. FCUK; Fullframe Camera Utilising Kmount
Let your imagination run wild

3. IWBT; It Was Bloody Time
02-01-2013, 05:04 AM   #1275
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
Pentax FF camera will be called

1. KFC; Kmount Fulframe Camera.
Chips, ketchup and a bottle of Coke free with every purchase.

2. FCUK; Fullframe Camera Utilising Kmount
Let your imagination run wild

3. IWBT; It Was Bloody Time
Pfft! It will be called PFFT (Pentax Full Frame Technology)