Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-25-2012, 06:10 AM   #301
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I just don't really care anymore :P and I must confess, i kinda find it funny that so many do :P Anyway.. best get outa this thread.. might go take some more photos.

Ahhhhhhh it's a boat!!!!!

Last edited by tromboads; 10-25-2012 at 06:19 AM.
10-25-2012, 06:30 AM - 1 Like   #302
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tromboads Quote
Hey look a photo!

Good one guys. You've gone and scared all the girls away with such a silly thread.

Go and Take Photos!
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Yes, but the DoF is not shallow enough and it's not a FF shot.
We know APS-C will always outsell FF in absolute sales but that isn't the only aspect determining viability for a photographic manufacturer. It's also a lifestyle option, or the FF cameras nowadays wouldn't be as successful as they are. We don't have to look too far from what Pentax is offering in the smaller dMF niche market and how that's faring for the company financially.
Fixed that for him.

Sorry Tromboads, hope you don't mind!
10-25-2012, 09:56 AM   #303

Late to the party as always
Anyways, just want to express my happiness to see Pentax stepping up in the right direction.

For me, there are times when small sensors shine (I'm an Olympus m4/3rd fan too), but as a film photographer, there are times when only FF (or bigger) can give me the satisfaction in shooting.

A Pentax (and Ricoh) -quality full-frame camera would swim well with its competitors, and will pull quite a bit of ex-Pentax user base back into the fold.

Good move, and it's about time.
10-25-2012, 11:55 AM   #304
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ihasa Quote
Fixed that for him.
Nice! How did ye pull that tilt shift look off in PP? Looks amazing!

10-25-2012, 12:34 PM   #305
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by captainbert Quote
Nice! How did ye pull that tilt shift look off in PP? Looks amazing!
Use photoshop to make a gradient darkening towards the center of the frame around the girl. Fill in the area around the girl to make sure she doesn't get blurred. Then you use that mask and apply lens blur. That's how I do it in photoshop at least.
10-25-2012, 02:14 PM   #306
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ironlionzion Quote
Use photoshop to make a gradient darkening towards the center of the frame around the girl. Fill in the area around the girl to make sure she doesn't get blurred. Then you use that mask and apply lens blur. That's how I do it in photoshop at least.
Hahahahah If i wanted shallow depth of field tho, I just would have shot myself. In the head. With a gun. :P Still nice use of photoshop :P

Needless to say Full Frame Shmool Brame! Photos rock and arguments over crop factors don't

Last edited by tromboads; 10-25-2012 at 02:38 PM.
10-25-2012, 02:47 PM   #307
Veteran Member

Hahahahah If i wanted shallow depth of field tho, I just would have shot myself. In the head. With a gun. :P Still nice use of photoshop :P Needless to say Full Frame Shmool Brame! Photos rock and arguments over crop factors don't
I was just answering captainberts question on how Ihasa did the tilt/shift PP on your photo

10-25-2012, 02:53 PM   #308
Veteran Member

I did it the rough and dirty way - duplicate layer, which I blurred, then erased with a soft eraser brush (in one diagonal sweep) to selectively reveal the original layer underneath.
10-25-2012, 03:07 PM   #309
Veteran Member

I was just answering captainberts question on how Ihasa did the tilt/shift PP on your photo
nonononno I like it! .. as does the subject. She, and quote.."why don't you make photos like that"

Best I better get a FF
10-25-2012, 03:16 PM   #310
Veteran Member

nonononno I like it! .. as does the subject. She, and quote.."why don't you make photos like that" Best I better get a FF
From the FOV and the thin DOF, looks like a medium format shot. A good excuse for the 645D!
10-25-2012, 03:27 PM   #311
Veteran Member

10-25-2012, 05:13 PM   #312
Veteran Member

I'll have to mess with that. Thanks kindly!
QuoteOriginally posted by ihasa Quote
I did it the rough and dirty way - duplicate layer, which I blurred, then erased with a soft eraser brush (in one diagonal sweep) to selectively reveal the original layer underneath.
That sounds a lot less complicated than what I thought it would be.. Cheers for the info!
10-28-2012, 06:20 AM   #313
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Franky2step Quote
The D600 and soon the 6D are going to bleed Pentax dry IMHO. They are both offered at prices that make the switch from Pentax affordable.Check the ,marketplace and see how many Pentaxians are hitting the exits. I think even if a Pentax FX camera comes soon, they'll never get these people back into the fold.

In business it's always cheaper to keep a client than to find a new one.

JMHO
I have looked at the specs for the 6D and do not think it is that big of a deal it has many of the things that are already Pentax complaints like 11 focus points and 180 sync speed it also has the 4000 max shutter speed. I do not believe it will hurt anyone the Nikon D600 is more of a threat and do not see it really killing the APS-C market since there are problems with the sensor and oil spots.
10-29-2012, 04:56 PM   #314
Veteran Member

If you guys saw the k-5ii review ,Adam states full frame is confirmed...
10-29-2012, 05:22 PM   #315
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dane.dawg Quote
If you guys saw the k-5ii review ,Adam states full frame is confirmed...
I don't think that Adam is an official Pentax representative is he? So until THEY announce a FF it doesn't count for mine.

I've all but given up on them anyway as you can see from my signature.