Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 88 Likes Search this Thread
02-03-2013, 07:32 AM - 2 Likes   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
About time! My wife did the tax return this year yesterday night and said we have several thousand around, so she said can set aside the money and I can buy a Pentax $2000-$2500 Full-frame this year.... I resisted the temptation to get the $1999 D600 + lens deal in last year black Friday and start a switch to Nikon, I think I did the right thing now !

Maybe the reason she said that is because she thought Pentax will never put out FF and the money will be in the bank forever...

02-03-2013, 07:37 AM   #47
Inactive Account

Ooopps, and there a 31 just got bought....
02-03-2013, 07:40 AM   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
You can bet it will be different somehow. As Asahiflex posited, interchangeable viewfinders?
Let's hope so, great news Adam!
02-03-2013, 07:47 AM   #49
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
You can bet it will be different somehow. As Asahiflex posited, interchangeable viewfinders?
I always enjoyed the boxy removable viewfinder model that someone here worked up. I believe it was called a LXD or something like that.

Dave

02-03-2013, 07:58 AM   #50
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
YES!!! i'll definately upgrade to that haha.
02-03-2013, 08:00 AM   #51

QuoteOriginally posted by ihasa Quote
This is also great news for APSC diehards, as the new tech will trickle down into crop bodies.
Really? How about getting new tech right in the APS-C body and only after that spend time and money on FF. Let it trickle up instead.
02-03-2013, 08:09 AM   #52
Veteran Member

I just hope that Pentax gets it right. Sony can afford to screw around and make a few mistakes. Pentax really needs to put a solid contender on the market at a competitive price. I'm looking forward to seeing what Pentax brings to the market.

02-03-2013, 08:17 AM   #53
Forum Member

Sweet! I have been working hard to hold off on buying the K-5IIs as an upgrade for my K-5 body. Instead I banked it in the hopes of getting a full frame. Then I bought a stackshot. lol Saving again for that full frame.

To those that have low expectations on their FF design, have you used any of their new bodies throughout the last few years? It seems to me that when they release something within the last few years, it is normally a quality product that is fairly well tested and to me, normally outperforms the competition on many levels. I tried hard not to become a brand loyalist but after the K-5, it has been increasingly difficult not to.

So what is everyone wanting here? Them to rush and shove a POS FF out the door? Would you rather be a little patient and get something that could possibly make the people who lost their patience and bought into the Nikon or Canon FFs think, "Woops! Maybe I should have waited?"

And how many people here are so quick to throw a fit over something that they probably have no intentions on buying anyways? Is it some of the same people who used to complain that Pentax didn't have any long distance glass and then when the 560 came out, didn't even attempt to purchase it? I am still waiting for your reviews on that. lol

I know I shouldn't have said all of this up above because I just opened myself up to be tore down in some way but honestly, I am starting to think some people continue to gripe about their FF production just because....IDK, they like hearing themselves gripe?

Do these people go into their local stores and gripe to the people that own them about what they don't have and then demand that they get it, complain that they are not getting it quick enough and when they do get it, it better be D*** good too!?

Take a deep breath, relax, it's all good.

Ok that is all I have to say about it. So flame on. lol
02-03-2013, 08:21 AM   #54

QuoteOriginally posted by WideOpen Quote
My MX disagrees. Tiny, "full frame" body. 95% coverage; 95% magnification. Why can't Pentax achieve a VF like this again? Make it twice as big as the MX, I don't care... just give me a premium VF. It's what makes the experience, for me.
This is so exciting!!!

I agree with the MX viewfinder! The view i spectacular!

And please, a good focusing screen. No more Canon ee-S screens in our Pentaxes please!
02-03-2013, 08:21 AM   #55

Photos: Gallery
why not a hybrid viewfinder? and why the hurry? why not wait for ff sensor alternatives (fuji or so)?
02-03-2013, 08:47 AM   #56
Veteran Member

hmmm, 36 megapixel full frame with a 15 megapixel crop mode, 5x4 format for portraits, sounds like a dream. oh, and it's a Pentax not Nikon....that would be amazing
02-03-2013, 08:49 AM   #57
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Too late. They waited waaaaaay too long!
02-03-2013, 09:19 AM   #58
Pentaxian

Good news and I would be interested by a FF ... hope it comes sooner than later !
02-03-2013, 09:32 AM   #59
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by DaveBlack Quote
I always enjoyed the boxy removable viewfinder model that someone here worked up. I believe it was called a LXD or something like that.

Dave
I think it was that "Ricoh has a Plan" guy.
02-03-2013, 09:36 AM   #60
Veteran Member

I think any Pentax FF is probably going to be at least as expensive as the D600 - so an absolute minimum of £1500 but I'd expect it to cost more.

I'd also assume that Pentax is keen to make it as small as possible within their budget and technical capabilities and with a slight retro twist. But I would suspect we'll see K5II like general performance - but probably inc. autofocus improvements that will either be a tweak to algorithims or more focus points but probably not both and I'd be surprised if we saw a total overhaul.

Ultimately I suppose it depends how much £ Ricoh is putting down on this project. Do we get a stripped back imaging machine a la the MX, or something more advanced like the LX or are we going to do get a K5II with a 35mm sensor?