Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-03-2013, 04:44 PM   #106
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Fries Quote
That movement ahead can stop
Sure it can. Working in Finance, my concern is another stumble in the global economy right about the time they finally come to market. As in, 2014.

02-03-2013, 05:09 PM   #107
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Sure it can. Working in Finance, my concern is another stumble in the global economy right about the time they finally come to market. As in, 2014.
That is a legitimate concern but the Japanese market is probably the most important for Pentax. My knowledge about the Japanese economy is sketchy at best but I guess they have a strong export related economy. What I don't know ho much the willingness of their Japanese customer base to spend money on camera's is influenced by global economic events. Pentax and other Japanese company's that are more than average depended on inland consumption are quite used to operate in a market with a stagnant or slow growth economy. He, I can be positive to!
02-03-2013, 05:13 PM   #108
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I wonder how many more confirmations we'd see before we can see an actual Pentax FF dSLR

I really admire some of you guys for being able to wait for ssoooo long. I'd be long gone if I were looking for an FF dSLR camera
02-03-2013, 05:36 PM   #109

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Fries Quote
And I wonder how much of their answers is guided by the pressure put on them by the market and their Ricoh 'overlords' desire to compete with the big players in that market.
But they are already competing with the big players: Canon, Nikon and Sony all have more APS-C cameras than Pentax. But they also offer an upgrade path...

02-03-2013, 05:39 PM - 1 Like   #110
Veteran Member

I hate rumors and such, and don't usually partake in the section of the forum, but.....I did want to see the clip of the interview.

I guess I am missing something. Pages and pages of "hooray - Pentax is coming out with a full frame camera" - I'm sorry, but I didn't see that anywhere in the interview. The guest said "We are open to the idea" and that is it. How does "we are open to the idea" constitute all these posts that a full frame camera is on the way?
02-03-2013, 05:53 PM   #111
Veteran Member

Of course FF can have many advantages for landscape,architecture,people,etc..but I see no advantage for us bird/wildlife shooters,as 1.5 crop is definitely a plus..but FF Pentax would mean just 1 system for many..instead of CaNikon for FF & Pentax for crop
02-03-2013, 06:18 PM - 1 Like   #112
ogl
Banned

we did not have specific plans of development, we were following and analyzing the possibilities to use full-frame....

DROP THE CURTAIN.

I feel Pentax Ricoh is in deep embarrassment now....The other brands are in greater progress.
No any motions in Ricoh's products (GRD, CX. GXR) at all for last year. Alas.
The progress is in deep sleep in the camp of Pentax Ricoh.

New P&S cameras from Pentax are just upgrade of old products. Top APS-C camera is just minor upgrade of 2 year old K-5.
MX-1 is too big for such small sensor and rather out-of-date for specs (XZ-1's copy inside)

K-01 = they don't know if to continue or not...645D is rather old too. DA limiteds = no any plans. XS lenses = no interests.

I don't feel solid plans and reliability of company. Very weak.

Solid plans are K-02, 645DII, KF-1, K-3, GXR A16 lensors, GXR Leica M-FF module, GRD V, CX7, new limited lenses, new XS lenses, new DA primes lenses like DA50/1.8 and DA35/2.4....New AF system.

Fujifilm is more aggressive now and they have bigger advancement.
No any sense to say about the monsters - Canon, Nikon and Sony....

P.S. Pentax FF will be....Someday.

Last edited by ogl; 02-03-2013 at 07:38 PM.
02-03-2013, 06:38 PM   #113
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
I hate rumors and such, and don't usually partake in the section of the forum, but.....I did want to see the clip of the interview.

I guess I am missing something. Pages and pages of "hooray - Pentax is coming out with a full frame camera" - I'm sorry, but I didn't see that anywhere in the interview. The guest said "We are open to the idea" and that is it. How does "we are open to the idea" constitute all these posts that a full frame camera is on the way?
Seemed a little noncommittal to me, too. If it comes out, I'll buy it. If not, I'll keep shooting my FF on film.
02-03-2013, 07:00 PM   #114
Veteran Member

Life cycles of full frame cameras have in the past been much longer than the cropped sensor cameras. With this in mind, I wonder if Nikon and Canon are going to continue with longer cycles with their next full frame models. If so, then the time lag may be an advantage to Pentax which could perhaps be in a sweet spot for the releasing of a new FF body in early 2014.
02-03-2013, 07:01 PM   #115
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
we did not have specific plans of development, we were following and analyzing the possibilities to use full-frame....

I feel Pentax Ricoh is in deep embarrassment now....The other brands are in greater progress.
No any motions in Ricoh's products (GRD, CX. GXR) at all for last year. Alas.
The progress is in deep sleep in the camp of Pentax Ricoh.

New P&S cameras from Pentax are just upgrade of old products. Top APS-C camera is just minor upgrade of 2 year old K-5.
MX-1 is too big for such small sensor and rather out-of-date for specs (XZ-1's copy inside)
They (Pentax Ricoh) are surprisingly calm re FF camera confirmation, however, that can be understood, because people are putting enormous pressure on them.
That pressure goes over the limits of good taste and rationality — to be frank, it's irrational and even stupid.
No company likes that — to be dictated under a gunpoint about what they are supposed to do. You as a user may suggest, but in good faith, not in demonstrably bad manner.

Further points of yours are off the mark. Some users inside PF may perceive Pentax small sensor cameras to be boring, but much more people don't. Plenty of people stay away from the FF frenzy which clouds your judgement heavily.
02-03-2013, 07:14 PM   #116
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am happy to see that there is some resemblance of a FF "definite" plan from Pentax-Ricoh for all of those people on this forum demanding and begging to have it.
Well, there's hope.

Now, I am wondering how many of those "begging" for a FF will actually follow suit on their demand and actually buy one ??

Best luck to you all wishing for this to happen.

JP
02-03-2013, 07:40 PM   #117
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
They (Pentax Ricoh) are surprisingly calm re FF camera confirmation...
I don't care about FF at all. The problems of Pentax are laying in another directions....
02-03-2013, 07:49 PM   #118
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Shanti Quote
FF Pentax would mean just 1 system for many..instead of CaNikon for FF & Pentax for crop
Exactly! It's hard and much expensive to keep two systems. For me, I went using my old Pentax Film SLR again to get that 135mm format, but using film is time consuming...
02-03-2013, 08:29 PM   #119
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
start saving money! But I'll not buy it until it's at least a year old (it will have matured by then and the price will have dropped).
I think this quote speaks volumes about Pentax's wisdom in delay.
02-03-2013, 08:54 PM   #120
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
They (Pentax Ricoh) are surprisingly calm re FF camera confirmation, however, that can be understood, because people are putting enormous pressure on them.
That pressure goes over the limits of good taste and rationality — to be frank, it's irrational and even stupid.
No company likes that — to be dictated under a gunpoint about what they are supposed to do. You as a user may suggest, but in good faith, not in demonstrably bad manner.

Further points of yours are off the mark. Some users inside PF may perceive Pentax small sensor cameras to be boring, but much more people don't. Plenty of people stay away from the FF frenzy which clouds your judgement heavily.
A handful of goobers on a message board constitutes "enormous pressure"? No, enormous pressure is when the financial analysts say a company must do something.