Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
03-23-2013, 06:20 PM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
A troll with an NDA signed over a camera he's testing for Ricoh? It's such a mixed bag, but if it is the K-3 he's testing we'll have to wait and see when it will be announced. AFAIK, apart from the 645D II, there are no other cameras Pentax has in store for us for a while, and that would mean no APS-C successor to the K-5 II.
How can we be sure he has a NDA contract?

03-23-2013, 06:27 PM   #32
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
We can't. We can only go by his own words - 'I'll see if I can get around my NDA so I can post a photo of the K-3'.
03-23-2013, 06:45 PM   #33
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
All very worrying, if we are months or years away from the K3 then it appears we are months or years away possibly for the next top end model. I for one have already waited so long already. If he was calling it the K1 I would be less nervous/skeptical because that fits with all of the other rumors. I just can't wait for April.
03-23-2013, 06:52 PM   #34
Pentaxian

I remember a comment here where someone said they saw long white lenses being packed around in Tokyo with Pentax stencils. If Pentax Ricoh isn't working on something and having it tested in various places by various people I'd be worried. It seems they are, and I suspect we will get tidbits of details as time goes on, then something will be announced. What it looks like I have no idea, but we all can see what Nikon, Canon and others are releasing. It is a competitive market and what Pentax does is in many ways dictated by what the competition does.

03-23-2013, 06:55 PM   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The other possibility is it is disinformation intended to build traffic/followers/likes/+1's

I'm a skeptic after reviewing the twitter feed.
03-23-2013, 06:58 PM   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
The other possibility is it is disinformation intended to build traffic/followers/likes/+1's I'm a skeptic after reviewing the twitter feed.
Same here, when the product materialises, then I will be satisfied. Until then it is nothing more substantial than vapourware.
03-23-2013, 07:20 PM - 1 Like   #37
Veteran Member

Can't be real. You can rest assured that IF someone is testing a new prototype camera, you won't be hearing about it. Usually we hear from reviewers about pre-production items shortly before they are released.

That person, for me, is a young man having fun creating noise and rumours. The more he is being quoted here and elsewhere, the more he will be satisfied.

03-23-2013, 07:22 PM   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Further to my skepticism noted above, his DeviantArt page...

QuoteQuote:
Right... I have decided to begin posting links with each new photo I submit.
They are sponsored links, so they will give you an advertisement before the page opens, but will redirect to a page on my website where you can see exactly how to take the same shot that's been submitted.
To go to my site, just click this [link] and read on... Every click makes me a bit of $$$... so tell your friends!

- M
Ranks right up there with last years April Fools joke IMO.
03-23-2013, 07:33 PM - 1 Like   #39
Veteran Member

Wouldnt it be amusing if it was indeed announced for real on April Fools day this year, and no one believed it!
03-23-2013, 07:37 PM   #40
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by selar Quote
no one believed it!
Ummm marketing fail!
03-23-2013, 07:44 PM - 1 Like   #41
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

RiceHigh II
03-23-2013, 07:56 PM   #42
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
RiceHigh II
And here I was thinking the first one was bad enough. Damn you internet!! why did you have to create another attention whoring lunatic?
03-23-2013, 07:58 PM   #43
Veteran Member

The guy is a troll.

If he knew anything, he wouldn't violate an NDA this way. For one, he'd never be trusted again by Ricoh and then he'd have to pay hefty sums for violating it. Which he can't afford.

Oh and then there's also the fact that the K3 will be APS-C and Pentax isn't even close to getting out FF. Good things take time.

Cheers.
03-23-2013, 08:48 PM   #44
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by penta-mx Quote
After reading Mike's google+ posts, he may or may not be a troll.

Sorry for jumping the gun on this.

Mods, please close the thread.

Since TS has already requested that this thread be closed.
Why not just close it?

I see no point in this thread other than to generate more web hits to PF and the google+ site that is linked
03-23-2013, 08:58 PM   #45
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Well guys, I'll admit. Pentax had me testing a K2 compact using a sensor the same size as the Leica S2. It's kinda sweet.
Closed Thread