Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 45 Likes Search this Thread
03-25-2013, 07:11 AM   #61
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't see any professional photos from Mike Svitek. It seems to me it's trolling....

I never heard about such photographer before.
I don't see real bio of Svitek with birth date.

We know nothing about Svitek that's why we can't trust him at all. 

03-25-2013, 07:16 AM   #62
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mareket Quote
Lulz.

Also, keep it quiet but I may or may not have been testing a more sports orientated Pentax DSLR at my recent derby bouts that's going to be released in exactly 1 week ;] I can't say anything other than it shapeshifts into a bramble and can autofocus backwards through time.
If it can shapeshift like that, the Doctor could certainly use it to repair the chameleon circuit in the TARDIS. Anyone have his Universal Mobile Number?
03-25-2013, 07:16 AM - 1 Like   #63
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
For a troller he's pretty responsive, isn't he? I want to give him the benefit of the doubt. Who said he needs to be a professional photographer? Such a camera needs to be tested by amateurs too, because it will be bought by amateurs rather than professionals.

I've asked him about the viewfinder, the most important part I'm interested in (the sensor is secondary to me):

"My plan is to give out all the bits and pieces I can
The viewfinder is BIG... not like the MX, but much larger than today's DSLRs... New viewfinder is pretty darn good. Big and bight, full information overlays, and the AF point lights are two-part: one for activated and the second for when you hit lock (second one works in theory, but I found it distracting so turned it off 99% of the time).

... No diaphragm coupled ... I wish.
However: The mount on a different version DOES have this coupler... I didn't get that one, but at the meeting I heard it was around."
03-25-2013, 07:25 AM   #64
IOO

QuoteOriginally posted by Cannikin Quote
The thing that really, really bugs me about Photo Rumors is that every time he sees the characters "K" and "3" he translates them to "F" and "F" respectively.

No remotely credible, independent rumor has ever associated the name "K-3" with "FF". Every single reference to that connection is traced right back to the April Fools joke from last year through endless reposts that just won't die off. Yet apparently PR's admin believes that joke fully, as he immediately assumes any other rumor referring to a "K-3" must be talking about a FF, and posts it in a big bold headline. And then the circular reposts start all over again.

There is approximately a 0% chance that any FF by Pentax would be called "K-3". As weird as Pentax's names has been, they've had patterns to them based on their base bodies, and started a new naming scheme every time they significantly altered the body. "K-7 APS-C -> K-5 APS-C -> K-3 FF" flies in the face of all logic and reason.
FF will be K2, like the top model from film, they have aleady used all the other names from that period. Only K2 remains...Look at the fonts at K-01 and MX-1, just like the old fonts from way back...

03-25-2013, 07:30 AM - 2 Likes   #65
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
OMG I want a FF Pentax soooo baaaaadly... Not for me, but to silence all this white noise that FF discussion has turned into.
03-25-2013, 07:31 AM   #66
Pentaxian

It will be K2 or LX. All other names are out of the question wrt a FF Pentax. Probability percentages 75% for K2, 25% for LX (IMHO).
03-25-2013, 07:35 AM   #67
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
It will be K2 or LX. All other names are out of the question wrt a FF Pentax. Probability percentages 75% for K2, 25% for LX (IMHO).
LX-1 I would say, to differentiate the 24x36 camera from APS-C cameras = K-something.

03-25-2013, 07:37 AM   #68
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by schufosi777 Quote
Well, that's the best indication yet that it's bogus.
03-25-2013, 07:38 AM   #69
Pentaxian

Well, just few more days to go, s.o we can see what's going to happen, this reminds me of old fairytale peter and wolf, he cries for help many times and everyone falls in his trick. When wolf really comes..no one belives it we shall see..
03-25-2013, 07:40 AM   #70
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
LX-1 I would say, to differentiate the 24x36 camera from APS-C cameras = K-something.
But K2 is a much more powerful name. It shows that it's still in the K line of cameras, but also that it's the spiritual successor to the K2. Dear God, please make it black and give it brass top and bottom plates
03-25-2013, 07:43 AM   #71
ogl
Banned

He said that the name of camera is Prototype08K-IHD24FSV
03-25-2013, 07:50 AM   #72
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
For a troller he's pretty responsive, isn't he?
No real bio, no real good photos, no photogallery.

All I've seen it's the level of beginner...
03-25-2013, 07:51 AM   #73
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Don't you guys think that if this product were ready for production, actual specs and photos should already start being leaked from multiple sources? For all we know this thing might not even be called the "K-3".

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-25-2013, 07:53 AM   #74
ogl
Banned

Svitek said about the end of 2013/Q1 2014 for FF. As for March, 27 - we will see something more cheaper than FF camera.
03-25-2013, 07:56 AM   #75
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
I don't see any professional photos from Mike Svitek. It seems to me it's trolling....

I never heard about such photographer before.
I don't see real bio of Svitek with birth date.

We know nothing about Svitek that's why we can't trust him at all. 
Exactly. the only thing is a youtube video about how great Pentax is, but that does not tell anything about the guy's proficiency.

Agreed that amateurs should be able to test, but that would be mostly for usability/reliability.
Closed Thread