Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Maybe in the 'crop' mode.

03-25-2013, 08:50 AM   #92
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

What was the name of that (supposedly) female poster - was it Wendy something? - who had us on for 18 months or so in 2006/7? (She) had enough basic information to sound like she was inside but eventually her story started to break down. Once challenged she resorted to more and more fantastic "explanations" of her postings until finally she gave us all the Internet finger and disappeared.

This sounds eerily familiar.
03-25-2013, 08:54 AM   #93
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Wendy B, I believe.
03-25-2013, 08:58 AM   #94
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Maybe in the 'crop' mode.
He wrote "I shoot film SLRs with my DA lenses... no problems other than lots of vignetting which clears up by 2 stops. The newest lenses all work well, including my 16-50mm f/2.8 which is seriously wise at 16mm"

and also, about a possible crop mode on the 24x36 Pentax prototype he pretends he has used: "I didn't check... I didn't use DA lenses with it: Too focused on marveling over my FA limiteds... Now I wish I had checked
I imagine it has something
"

It reminds me of the behaviour of the so-called clairvoyant whose main skill is to determine in advance what answers you are expecting so as to deliver them to you.

As we say in France "You can fool somebody forever; you can fool everybody for some times; but you cannot fool everybody forever".

03-25-2013, 09:02 AM   #95
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clinton Quote
I think I'll resurrect this image from last year:
Waiting for a Pentax FF camera is like waiting for a Messiah to come and lead the way. No one really knows when it will arrive but we all know it will eventually arrive.
03-25-2013, 09:05 AM   #96
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

In either case, we're waiting for at least 7 months before any news comes out of this prospective camera, so it really doesn't matter much. Adam's probably right about the upcoming announcements.
03-25-2013, 09:10 AM   #97
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Sometimes we just try to believe something we have been hoping for, but end up w bigger disappointment.

I guess this K3 (if it ever comes out) won't be a FF camera. It'd be something like the Nikon D7100. If it IS a FF, it won't be called as K3.

03-25-2013, 09:11 AM   #98
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
(...)

As we say in France "You can fool somebody forever; you can fool everybody for some times; but you cannot fool everybody forever".
The latest pearl from our friend:

"The glass is such high quality that it will STILL out-resolve the sensor. Pentax (Hoya) makes glass for Leica. They use the same procedures and the same machines to make their lenses. In fact, the 77mm limited and the Leica 75mm have the same design (Minus the slight shift in the rear floating element group to compensate for the flange distance)."

Yeah, sure... Except that the optical formula is not the same, but who cares...

And when put under pressure: "Mike, you got to be kidding about the FA77. That can't be! Of course, this is not to say that Leica doesn't use Hoya glass, but using the same design... That's a very bold statement!"

he escapes with a diversion like a magician: "They do. Its assembled to much higher tolerances and the elements are larger [???], but the overall design is the same... I believe its the Leica f/2 version ... Could be a different one though... I only know one if them shares the same design as the Pentax 77mm"
03-25-2013, 09:20 AM   #99
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, I think we can all agree he isn't the finest of photography connoisseurs, but he isn't altogether ignorant either. Frank, you're quite right about expectations (I said the same thing in the 'other' FF thread ). There's no point in working ourselves up about something we want (? badly) but can't have. So lets move on and enjoy what we do have. at least until the next official announcement featuring the new lineup of dSLRs or MILCs or whatever enthusiast cameras might be in the pipeline...
03-25-2013, 09:27 AM - 1 Like   #100
Pentaxian

Well, I think we can all agree he isn't the finest of photography connoisseurs, but he isn't altogether ignorant either.
(...)
I am inclined to consider that the appropriate word is mythomaniac.
03-25-2013, 09:36 AM   #101
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
AKA we won't see a FF until early 2014. Now let's move along
+1

And it will be very early in April, maybe on the first day of April.
03-25-2013, 09:47 AM   #102
ogl
Banned

His NDA ends Nov 22. So it's unlikely the FF will be announced before then.
I doubt that he has such camera.
03-25-2013, 09:55 AM   #103
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Why? There isn't much reason to believe he doesn't have such a camera (what benefit is there from all the 'hits' he might get from the discussions?) and of course, there's no way he can prove he does have it whilst being bound by an NDA.
03-25-2013, 09:57 AM   #104
ogl
Banned

It seems to me he is blabbermouth....
03-25-2013, 10:01 AM - 1 Like   #105
Veteran Member

First the guy says he's been close to Ricoh reps all his life. Then it's suddenly Pentax reps. He's sure close to many reps.

QuoteQuote:
BTW: I've known Ricoh representatives all my life. That's the only reason why they allowed me to test-run these cameras...
QuoteQuote:
I know Pentax reps, have all my life.
Closed Thread