Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 45 Likes Search this Thread
03-25-2013, 10:02 AM   #106
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
I am inclined to consider that the appropriate word is mythomaniac.
+1 Pretty much.

03-25-2013, 10:06 AM   #107
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Raffwal Quote
First the guy says he's been close to Ricoh reps all his life. Then it's suddenly Pentax reps. He's sure close to many reps.
The words in web costs nothing...

To say honest - there are no beta-testers with so long period. Never was before.
11 months of NDA and 1.5 months testing from photo-beginner?

And he said that there were Pentax prototype with D4 sensor. Absurd. Pure fantasy.
It's his blunder.

Last edited by ogl; 03-25-2013 at 11:21 AM.
03-25-2013, 10:11 AM   #108
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jon404 Quote
Well, whatever happens will definitely be interesting. As above, it makes no sense at all to replace the K-5 II and K-5 IIs... they are new. At the other end, is there a logical place for a camera between the K-5 II and the K-30?
Just cause I keep seeing this point coming up, the K-5 II and IIs aren't necessarily 'too new to replace:' ...there's been a pattern where when Pentax comes out with newer models in a given bracket, they simply bump the previous model down a price bracket, as happens anyway. It makes sense to tweak/improve the previous top-end so that it'll compete better in that slot:

I've often lamented that they sometimes moved on from really wonderful designs too quick without really perfecting them, this seems to be something they're addressing with these new K-5 II models: it buys time especially while they're adapting to the corporate changes and all: especially in this economy, no sense rushing out an all-new model when you can update a *great* one you already have, and take the time to see what you can really do with all these Ricoh resources.

QuoteQuote:
But the answer is obvious, once you think about it. The K-3 will be a K-01 mirrorless replacement, with all the features in a more traditional shell... maybe more MX-like. And, if they can hang even a teeny optical viewfinder on it... anyway, we'll see soon, but that's my bet.
That really doesn't make sense at all. I'm sure that they'd replace a K-01 with a K-02 if they wanted more mirrorless K-mount stuff, even if they went with a more traditional form.

I expect that a K-3 is simply going to be the next in line of the K-5 type series, and when FF comes out it'll either be like the K-1 or K1 or some different naming sceme than the APS-C line entirely, or maybe they'll go to even numbers.

Anyway, I wouldn't put too much stock in these rumors from these sources: one blogger in particular seems to love to try to spread full-frame rumors to inflate expectations, in hopes of starting another round of 'disappointment' negative advertising about *any* Pentax release, including when the Q came out, there was 'But it's not full-frame! Aaa! *much posing of wailing and gnashing of teeth.*

They've been doing that like forever.
03-25-2013, 10:29 AM   #109
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I actually do wish for full frame at this point, but it won't come till the end of the year, at the soonest. Next camera will be 24 megapixel APS-C with some improvement in auto focus (better tracking, more points) and better video. That's about it. This will basically be a D7100-like camera, but probably with not as good auto focus.

I doubt the full frame camera is in the hands of testers yet. It is just too soon based on when I think the camera will be released.

03-25-2013, 10:49 AM   #110
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
The words in web costs nothing...

To say honest - there are no beta-testers with so long period. Never was before.
9 months of testing from photo-beginner?

And he said that there were Pentax prototype with D4 sensor. Absurd. Pure fantasy.
9 months?? He had for a couple of weeks.. already gave it back on the 21st.
03-25-2013, 10:59 AM   #111
Veteran Member

Mike Svitek's Mar 15 comment re camera and lens combo

I noticed that he referred to a camera and lens combo in his message on March 15th. Anyone have any comments on a full frame lens with the designation DAX 24-120 F:4?

"Mike SvitekMar 15, 2013 - Mobile - Public
Weekend shooting list:
K-5 IIs + DA* 50-135mm f/2.8
K20D + BG2 Grip + DA* 16-50mm f/2.8
K-3 + DAX 24-120mm f/4"
03-25-2013, 11:05 AM   #112
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Maybe "Full Frame" 645D is more likely.
The current K-5 IIs is already D7100 like, a higher end APS-C should be something above anything currently out there. From the user reviews I have read the autofocus on the D7100 isn't as good as the other 51 point pro systems. A K-3 better be one smoking camera to get users money, it will probably be the most expensive APS-C out there so it better perform very well.

I think Pentax needs a lower end camera even more, the hard part will be getting joe-blow to buy it.

03-25-2013, 11:10 AM   #113
Veteran Member

You know, it seems the good people at Pentax really shot themselves in the foot right about here: Pentax 6mp Digital SLR hands-on: Digital Photography Review

Every few months since then people have been sure that THIS IS THE MOMENT! Personally, I gave up waiting somewhere around 2008 and invested in old 35mm bodies and a negative scanner instead...
03-25-2013, 11:16 AM   #114
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Tesla Quote
9 months?? He had for a couple of weeks.. already gave it back on the 21st.
He said that he had FF from the first days of February...Do you really trust him about Pentax camera with exclusive Nikon D4's sensor?
And NDA till November, 22.
03-25-2013, 11:17 AM   #115
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by bobell69 Quote
I noticed that he referred to a camera and lens combo in his message on March 15th. Anyone have any comments on a full frame lens with the designation DAX 24-120 F:4?

"Mike SvitekMar 15, 2013 - Mobile - Public
Weekend shooting list:
K-5 IIs + DA* 50-135mm f/2.8
K20D + BG2 Grip + DA* 16-50mm f/2.8
K-3 + DAX 24-120mm f/4"
Of course....You can go to Svitek's page and read questions and answers...
03-25-2013, 11:28 AM   #116
Pentaxian

I only moved to Pentax a year ago, so wasn't in for a full frame, and certainly not waiting...
That was until the Zeiss lenses got a hold of me (these Zeiss colors you know...) and the widest one still available was the distagon 28/2.
So now I ám waiting more or less for a Pentax FF release, because that is really what my Zeiss lenses want.
I don't believe the release is near (certainly not this spring), but I dó believe that it has become attractive for Pentax to get into FF, simply because it has dropped in price so drastically, making the potential user base much larger.
This ís the time to get into FF, and Pentax management knows this no doubt. But it takes time to develop, and I would expect launch around spring next year.
03-25-2013, 11:31 AM - 1 Like   #117
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Finn Quote
You know, it seems the good people at Pentax really shot themselves in the foot right about here: Pentax 6mp Digital SLR hands-on: Digital Photography Review

Every few months since then people have been sure that THIS IS THE MOMENT! Personally, I gave up waiting somewhere around 2008 and invested in old 35mm bodies and a negative scanner instead...
"The addition of this advanced digital SLR camera complements one of the most extensive photographic lines of any manufacturer in the industry including 35mm, APS, medium format and digital for various levels of photographers."

What a difference a decade makes.
03-25-2013, 11:41 AM   #118
Veteran Member

I do not know if its real or not , but this car picture is bad .
I am getting way better dynamic range with my phone , and the magic of the 77 LTD even with older cameras like the K20D especially on f/8 will never look like that
03-25-2013, 11:42 AM - 1 Like   #119
Veteran Member

I'm fairly certain that this Svitek is reading the many reposts spreading out there, such as this thread, and changing his story whenever we point out his logical inconsistencies.
03-25-2013, 12:32 PM   #120
Pentaxian

http://www.pentaxfanclub.com/download/file.php?id=21445&sid=f665e924f2ab17c0804708af07715a92
Closed Thread