Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-25-2013, 08:57 PM   #166
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tesla Quote
He got busted for NDA..
Twitter:
Hmmm. If real, it suggests that there must also be other beta or pre-production bodies out in the wild around the world. I doubt Pentax would confine their testing just to Canada.

03-25-2013, 09:26 PM   #167
Pentaxian

Interesting. He did say K5 III IIIs at one point. That is what caught my eye. The full frame stuff I don't think is quite ready yet, but we probably will see an aps-c release in the next while.

If I were Ricoh Pentax, which I am not, what I would do an entry dslr 16 mpx close to the K-30, a bit less featured, at about $500. Then a K-30 update, 24 mpx with the same feature set as the k30. Then a K5 III and K5 IIIs, with another iteration of focus improvements, a full working movie mode and 24mpx. At the $1100-1200 range. Then a K3 or other named high end aps-c with very fast processing, unlimited continuous shooting capability, faster sync. 24mpx. Full featured as the d800 for speed and capability, but aps-c, for $2k ish.

Then every year or year.5 a new high end apc-s body is released with all the new goodies, and the features of the cheaper bodies upgraded to the next more expensive. Or close. Everyone gets an upgrade and none of the silly Nikon feature trim stuff. The K5 was releases for $1700 or so, now is the $1200 body with improvements. Same kind of thing. After 5-7 years or so the cheap body runs similar to the brand new this week K3 release, except for structure and maybe less buttons.

And later in the year release a full frame system with two bodies and a few lenses.
03-25-2013, 09:41 PM   #168
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Interesting!!! Mike Svitek's Google+ and YouTube Channel have been removed!
Crazy history of crazy man...
03-25-2013, 09:42 PM   #169
ogl
Banned

He got busted for NDA..
Twitter:
11 months of NDA???

He said in twitter that VP of Pentax called him...

I see the try to come unscathed out of the battle... He thinks that he came off clear.

I don't think so.

03-25-2013, 09:46 PM   #170
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
I don't know, I am still not sure I buy his story.
03-25-2013, 09:50 PM   #171
ogl
Banned

I have some info (I can't confirm it of course) that lower-end DSLR and GRD V will be soon. But..on March, 27 - Pentax Russia has no such info.
I hope, I hope...But I doubt.
03-25-2013, 09:55 PM   #172
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Sounds like there's some truth in all this madness after all: He *was* under an NDA and as such *did* have a prototype he was betatesting, which he was quite happy to share was a FF camera with the same 24Mp sensor in the D600.
Or maybe, you know, after changing his story so many times to fit the latest comments pointing out logic and consistency holes, he realized he couldn't keep this up, and decided to bail before it really got out of hand.

03-25-2013, 09:58 PM   #173
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Hmmm. If real, it suggests that there must also be other beta or pre-production bodies out in the wild around the world. I doubt Pentax would confine their testing just to Canada.
The prototype of one of 8 prototype-bodies is sent to young man - photo beginner to Canada...Is there any sense?
Never heard such things before. 8 working prototypes? Absurd.

K-7 had 3 prototypes in clay and wood. But working sample for testing was only 1.
The testing samples of K-7 were sent to professional photographers, the most were from Japan.

This young guy doesn't know the process of creation of DSLR.
03-25-2013, 09:58 PM   #174
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
I have some info (I can't confirm it of course) that lower-end DSLR and GRD V will be soon. But..on March, 27 - Pentax Russia has no such info.
I hope, I hope...But I doubt.
yep sounds more like the pentax we know
03-25-2013, 10:11 PM - 2 Likes   #175
Pentaxian

He got busted for NDA..
Twitter:
He wrote he got busted for NDA and even got a call from the VP at Pentax Canada.

As I wrote before: typical behaviour of a mythomaniac.

Poor guy... He is more to pity than to blame.
03-25-2013, 10:16 PM   #176
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Is there any sense?
Not really.

The whole purpose of beta programs, prototyping with users etc is to get intelligent 'real world' feedback on product design/operation/features/capability/durability, and identify bugs.

Doesn't sound like there was any of this happening from this guy. He was just behaving like a kid in a candy store. Even if his experience was real, his involvement would probably have been a waste of everyone's time.
03-25-2013, 10:18 PM   #177
Veteran Member

Oh and just for the record, the March 27th rumor does not come from this Svitek guy. It is an independent rumor extrapolated from RiceHigh's countdown timer to "Pentax New Products Announcement" (no other details) from some unidentified source. PR, in its usual nonsense, decided to connect these together for whatever reason, and then threw in "FF" for the heck of it, like he always does when he sees a "K" and a "3" together. Svitek himself posted a comment more or less denying the "March 27th" rumor.

I'm just pointing this out so that if, by some remote chance, something does actually appear tomorrow, I don't want to see any "Svitek was right all along" nonsense.

Last edited by Cannikin; 03-25-2013 at 10:27 PM.
03-25-2013, 11:03 PM - 1 Like   #178

Photos: Albums
I am not making any claims about when we will see a FF DSLR........but I found this post on Pentax Australia's twitter account.
I thought it was interesting that they actually made a comment.
Attached Images

03-25-2013, 11:07 PM - 1 Like   #179
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Hmmm. If real, it suggests that there must also be other beta or pre-production bodies out in the wild around the world. I doubt Pentax would confine their testing just to Canada
His thought was that there may be around 10 different prototypes being tested but he didn't know any details about them, only the one he claimed he had in his hands.

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
He wrote he got busted for NDA and even got a call from the VP at Pentax Canada.

As I wrote before: typical behaviour of a mythomaniac.

Poor guy... He is more to pity than to blame.
And he could still be telling the truth (about his experience at least), and as such making waves with a real product.
03-25-2013, 11:11 PM   #180
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote
Are you hinting at something?

Anyway K5IIs + K30 features all in one camera, its going to be very good already with that.

Hmm... I'm hoping it's gonna be more than just a K5IIs+K30 combo

Sorry I don't have any info this round. Just a wild guess
Closed Thread