03-26-2013, 03:23 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Old news
03-26-2013, 03:24 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

FF: Seeing is Beleiving!

While I hope that a FF is coming I am betting on a 24 MP APSC this spring. Would I buy one? Possible as I have lot of lenses that would work on FF.

Dale
03-26-2013, 03:53 PM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

"Pentax Australia" doesn't exist, I think it's actually CR Kennedy which are Pentax's distributor here.

Also, this group have zero credibility, and I mean absolutely zero, when it comes to this kind of communication about upcoming products. For a history lesson have a look at the garbage they were twittering and Facebooking before PK 2012, promising really big things....and in the end we got a small iteration of the K-5. So we can safely ignor this group.

As for the other guy posting about using a prototype FF camera (Mike Sv???? or something), that guy is clearly a pathalogical lier trynig to get a bit of attention and absolutely nothing he says is trustworthy.

Last edited by twitch; 03-26-2013 at 04:14 PM.
03-26-2013, 04:01 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I saw pentax Australia and it just looks like a scam. What are they? They don't sell pentax in Australia.
03-26-2013, 05:26 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Is this Pentax Astralia? : Pentax Australia
03-26-2013, 05:30 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tesla Quote
Is this Pentax Astralia? : Pentax Australia
No, its daylight robbery, https://www.crkennedy.com.au/pentax/index.php?q=node/236

03-29-2013, 05:01 AM   #8
Banned

Pentax Australia (PA) are not scams. Their guess is as good as yours, only yours quotes higher on your scale because you're self righteous.
As distributors only, PA doesn't get a complete insight in company's strategies, only in next term marketing plans they need to execute within the territory.
Last month they were invited to Japan which points to a conclusion that they have been trained into details about next marketing campaigns. Which probably involve new cameras, lenses and other things Pentax makes.
03-29-2013, 05:06 AM   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by twitch Quote
"Pentax Australia" doesn't exist, I think it's actually CR Kennedy which are Pentax's distributor here.

Also, this group have zero credibility, and I mean absolutely zero, when it comes to this kind of communication about upcoming products. ...
Thanks for the info ... J
03-29-2013, 11:53 AM - 1 Like   #10
Loyal Site Supporter

Hold the phones folks, Pentax is distributed in Australia by C.R.Kennedy and Co. They have been doing this for 30 years or more, they also distribute Hasselblad , Sigma lenses and Jobo products. They have their own pentax service department staffed with Pentax trained staff. I have always received fantastic service from them and great after sales service. The fact that Pentax cameras are less common than Canikon is not restricted to Australia, they promote some value pentax camera packages with a couple of sigma lenses and a Pentax body at quite reasonable prices in an Australian context. Their knowledge of future model releases is controlled by Pentax Japan, just like all other distributors. In Australia we pay more because we have a relatively small market , this occurs with cameras , computers, computer software, itunes music etc. When production starts on any new cameras I will still be lining up to buy it . That tweet was totally in line with all the info we have heard from Pentax Japan, no details or promises were made.
Oh and over the easter break like Pentax Australia on facebook and use their web store at www.pentax.com.au with the discount codes from facebook to purchase cameras at 10% off and lenses at 15% off. I was lucky enough to pick up a K-01 for $198 before the price went up to $299. So yes they do sell Pentax and to happy pentax users like me!

Spotmatics,ES, K1000, K2DMD, LX, MZS, SFX, 6x7, 67II, istD, K10, K7, K5 all purchased and serviced in Australia
03-29-2013, 12:52 PM   #11
bvg
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by garywakeling Quote
, Sigma lenses
They sell Sigma cameras as well.

Last edited by bvg; 04-01-2013 at 04:28 AM.
04-01-2013, 01:04 AM - 2 Likes   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
As distributors only, PA doesn't get a complete insight in company's strategies, only in next term marketing plans they need to execute within the territory. Last month they were invited to Japan which points to a conclusion that they have been trained into details about next marketing campaigns. Which probably involve new cameras, lenses and other things Pentax makes.
Hahah we have the Pentax FACTORY right here under our noses and we have no idea what's being made in there right now except for the current camera bodies. The Pentax people in the plant probably talk through their minds. We could only wish for leaks.
04-01-2013, 10:59 AM - 1 Like   #13
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Alizarine Quote
Hahah we have the Pentax FACTORY right here under our noses and we have no idea what's being made in there right now except for the current camera bodies. The Pentax people in the plant probably talk through their minds. We could only wish for leaks.
That must be hard to endure

If you buy those guy a drink, won't they wanna talk a bit?
04-01-2013, 11:43 AM - 1 Like   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Alizarine Quote
What!? And you say you don't go dumpster diving on a regular basis to give us some leaks!?
04-02-2013, 07:48 PM   #15
Veteran Member

lol I wish the factory had a dumpster next to it just to check if there were some failed prototypes dunked there... but as far as junk goes, the most they've shown were reject lens elements.

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
If you buy those guy a drink, won't they wanna talk a bit?
There are rumors that the people in Cebu, (where the factory is) are a lot more tolerant to alcohol than here in the capital. Worth a try though. =))