Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: Would you buy a Pentax Full Frame DSLR?
Yes 15277.95%
No 4322.05%
Voters: 195. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-05-2013, 08:25 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Probably yes. I wouldn't want to switch expensive cameras one after another, so it better be good (I'm not expecting tons of features but reliability and consistency); for the same reason I wouldn't go for the early samples.
I don't need FF (otherwise I'd have a D800), but a big, bright viewfinder would be nice.

04-05-2013, 08:45 AM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
This poll made it pretty clear that the next Pentax camera desired is a FF dSLR: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/general-photography-industry/209882-next-...oh-pentax.html
Of the users of this forum who bothered to look at that thread...
04-05-2013, 09:05 AM   #33
Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Provided they keep the K mount, yes I would. Indeed, I would do so very shortly after the initial release, I think.

(And that is coming from someone who shoots almost solely with film, no less.)
04-05-2013, 09:21 AM   #34

Yes, but like other people have said, Pentax must keep the K-mount.

I need to upgrade from my K-x. I bought a K-01, which I love, but it's really only a stop gap. I am seriously looking for a full frame camera in the next year or two.

However, no K-mount, and it's hello Canikon. Or Sony. But probably Nikon.

Really, really really don't want to jump brands, though

04-05-2013, 09:24 AM   #35

QuoteOriginally posted by Tesla Quote
I was just wondering how many here would buy a Pentax Full Frame DSLR. I would.
I would buy it instantly.

The money and the FA limiteds are already waiting... (Well, they have waited almost too long by now.)
04-05-2013, 10:44 AM   #36

Ya I would buy it. Most likely a few months after release depending on price and features.
With k mount of course
04-05-2013, 11:07 AM   #37
Pentaxian

Yes I would.
I would probably end up with two bodies, an APS-C and a FF one

04-05-2013, 11:14 AM - 1 Like   #38
Veteran Member

Yes I would and is this year.... not buying any glass or camera because I am waiting on Pentax FF. My wife even said "pre-order one as soon as it announce".

But Jim Malcolm interview have me start putting in the camera and the lenses for a FF system either from Canon or Nikon. Great job as a Sale person!

I have all the FA ltd, DA ltd, all the DA* lens (except the 300mm), and will see if this is finally the last straw to have me join the CaNikon/dark side. pissed about that interview to say the least. I thought Ned was bad enough, but this Jim is tops it.
04-05-2013, 01:51 PM   #39
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Of the users of this forum who bothered to look at that thread...
There was still a fair amount of total voters, which counts for something. Selection bias cannot be eliminated here, but there are still a good *absolute* number of FF dSLR hopefuls.
04-05-2013, 04:30 PM   #40
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
There was still a fair amount of total voters, which counts for something. Selection bias cannot be eliminated here, but there are still a good *absolute* number of FF dSLR hopefuls.
If the question had been framed a bit different maybe it would have been even higher. A question like if there was a full frame body available, would you consider it, next time you upgrade? I'm not likely to just go out and buy one, but if it's an option in 2 or 3 years when i'm upgrading anyway, now that's a different story perhaps. Spending an extra thousand, added to $1500 you were spending anyway is very different from just going for it.
04-05-2013, 05:26 PM   #41
Veteran Member

Yep.

04-06-2013, 05:40 AM   #42
Pentaxian

I don't think I'll replace my K-5 before 2015 or later, and I guess there'll be a full frame alternative by then. If there's also a good K-5 successor, I will have to weigh the two against each other. My main wishes for the FF will then be:
- not much larger than the K-5
- a very good VF
- very good support for DA lenses
(Regarding the latter: how about user-defined crop with viewfinder overlay? The ability to define a fine-tuned crop for each lens - maybe I'd choose 1.2 for my DA70, for instance)
04-06-2013, 06:46 AM - 1 Like   #43
Pentaxian

If anyone waiting for a Pentax FF model feels misrepresented by Jim Malcolm who stated in an interview that the feedback he received about an FF camera by "almost everybody" was "I don’t really need full frame. " then scoot over to the interview page and leave a comment stating your view.

Or just send an email to ask.pentax@prac.pentax.com. Best do both.

I have trouble making sense of what he said; what do you think?
04-06-2013, 07:36 AM   #44
Pentaxian

Worthless poll

The question in the poll is as well designed as asking:

"Would you buy the nice used car from the stranger tomorrow paying cash?" yes/no.

04-06-2013, 08:29 AM   #45
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
If anyone waiting for a Pentax FF model feels misrepresented by Jim Malcolm who stated in an interview that the feedback he received about an FF camera by "almost everybody" was "I don’t really need full frame. " then scoot over to the interview page and leave a comment stating your view.

Or just send an email to ask.pentax@prac.pentax.com. Best do both.

I have trouble making sense of what he said; what do you think?
Well, I did scoot over and leave a comment. Perhaps I should also sent the email.
Closed Thread