I don't have money but I want to buy FF 3325.00%
I don' have money and will not buy FF 86.06%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-22-2013, 02:12 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Fogel70 Quote
Until then I probably get a mirrorless APS-C camera to use with speed booster to be able to use my old FF leses the way they where intended.
Same here.
A used nex + the lens turbo is less than $600, so if the IQ is acceptable it's a pretty good deal IMO.

It's roughly the same price as a Canon 5D but it's way smaller and lighter, you have more MPix and DR, and you don't have to mutilate your lenses.

04-22-2013, 04:53 AM   #17
Veteran Member

A full-frame Pentax would instantly be the best sub-medium-format camera on the market for non-AF-critical situations.

Of course I'd buy it.
04-22-2013, 01:23 PM   #18

This poll is missing some options. I have money but I will/will not buy a Pentax FF. It depends on how it looks, performance, AF, etc. i will not blindly grab a Pentax FF without comparing to other brands/models.
04-22-2013, 01:36 PM   #19
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by vodanh1982 Quote
blindly grab a Pentax FF without comparing to other brands
I can see you've not quite mastered this total blinkered, blind, brand loyalty thing yet, you need to get on board with the program here.

04-22-2013, 02:20 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vodanh1982 Quote
This poll is missing some options. I have money but I will/will not buy a Pentax FF. It depends on how it looks, performance, AF, etc. i will not blindly grab a Pentax FF without comparing to other brands/models.
This poll is to show how many of those who constantly shout that they nead FF will really buy it.
04-24-2013, 10:56 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have looked at so many systems I thought I would possibly buy, that I never bought, I'm not sure how to even think about answering. Based on past experience, the odds of me saying I'm going to buy are way higher than the odds of me actually buying. Until I hold it in my hands and play with it a bit, it's all speculation. If the D600 I handled was a K-mount I probably would have bought it. But, there's no guarantee. You don't know for sure until you pull the trigger.
04-25-2013, 02:10 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by i83N Quote
Consider it's theoretical FF is your fulfillment of a dream camera.
If it's my personal dream-Pentax-FF, then I would pre-order 3 immediately upon release.

04-29-2013, 08:11 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I think that I would only buy a FF DSLR if it is no larger than the K-5. But I would prefer a FF MILC with EVF, and I would like to see Pentax bring it to market first, although I think that Sony is more likely to do so.

Rob
04-29-2013, 11:33 AM   #24
Veteran Member

With no price range and no definition of "dream camera", I don't quite see what can be learned from this poll.

But then, that hasn't stopped others from compiling dubious data. Have at it!

Oh ... yes, I could come up with the money but no, I would not invest in FF yet. The camera has not been dreamed of that will fix the real problems with my photography; I would get very little from that investment that I could not get from some reasonable improvements to my K-5s (AF, administrable burst rate, moderate improvement in IBIS, whatever else I cannot think of now, etc.) . A better OVF would be a boon but not a $2K boon .....
04-29-2013, 11:40 AM   #25

Here is my dream FF: Fujfilm X system body (retro range finder), Canon 5D III AF system (-3EV f/2.8 cross type), D800/800E sensor, price is around 3K. Is it reasonable?
04-29-2013, 11:57 AM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Summer:Lake Superior - Michigan Winter:Texas Hill Country
QuoteOriginally posted by glanglois Quote
With no price range and no definition of "dream camera", I don't quite see what can be learned from this poll.

But then, that hasn't stopped others from compiling dubious data. Have at it!

Oh ... yes, I could come up with the money but no, I would not invest in FF yet. The camera has not been dreamed of that will fix the real problems with my photography; I would get very little from that investment that I could not get from some reasonable improvements to my K-5s (AF, administrable burst rate, moderate improvement in IBIS, whatever else I cannot think of now, etc.) . A better OVF would be a boon but not a $2K boon .....
A 24X36 sensor alone doesn't perk my interest .... and at the moment, I can't justify spending the money to buy a K-30, let alone what I suspect a FF camera would cost.
04-29-2013, 12:55 PM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by i83N Quote
This poll is to show how many of those who constantly shout that they nead FF will really buy it.
There's no point in asking the question without specs. Would you buy a FF pentax camera that cost $5 Pretty much everyone would. Would you buy a FF camera that gave you eye ebola? Probably not.
04-29-2013, 11:46 PM   #28
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by junyo Quote
There's no point in asking the question without specs. Would you buy a FF pentax camera that cost $5 Pretty much everyone would. Would you buy a FF camera that gave you eye ebola? Probably not.
I think most would assume it would have better specs than the K-5.
04-30-2013, 12:20 AM   #29
Veteran Member

I would buy a full-frame Pentax DSLR, but at this time I think I would prefer a top-level APS-C with 24 MP and no AA filter.
05-19-2013, 11:30 PM - 1 Like   #30

There is no question I would buy a full frame Pentax. Why wouldn't I? Most of my current lenses, especially on the wide end, are full frame, and I'd just as soon have them look the way they are supposed to without having to deal with the 1.5 crop factor. This not to say I'm not happy with my K-5 and K-7 - on the contrary, I'm very happy with them - but I would love for my Pentax 15mm f/3.5, 17mm f/4 fisheye, 24mm /f2, 35 f/2 as well as Tamron 14mm f/2.8 and 17mm f/3.5 to function as designed. I do like gaining on the on the long end (my Pentax 300mm f/2.8 is a 450mm f/2.8 on my DSLRs), but my wide glass gets far more use for my work. Now those of you who started out with the DA types of lenses and their independent alternatives have a very different perspective on this and are probably figuring "if it ain't broke don't fix it", and I do understand that; Pentax has done more with APS-C than anyone, getting quality images that make some rivals' FF cameras blush. However, that being the case, then I want to get the most out of this product that it can give and going FF will do that, IMHO. Those of us who have shot Pentax for years were disappointed that Pentax dropped the MZ-S based FF prototype, since many of us thought that would make Pentax a major player in the digital game right away and they would only have to make modest modifications to their already outstanding lens line instead of a major and expensive redesign for the ASP-C format. When the FF comes out, I would buy (I have to assume it will at least be as good as the K5 II, and I'm already hearing that Pentax says their FF will be like nothing else out there) and can gradually upgrade my stock as oppose to having to make a major overhaul of gear. To me this is not rocket science, of course I would get FF. If past Pentax practice is any indication, they usually come out with stuff after the big dogs but usually outdo them in user friendly design of state of the art technology as well as some clever innovations, and I don't see why a new FF would be any exception. Couple that with Ricoh's stated goal to bring Pentax back up to a much higher competitive level with N&C, I think we have a lot to look forward to.