I don't have money but I want to buy FF 3325.00%
I don' have money and will not buy FF 86.06%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
04-20-2013, 02:04 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Would you buy a Pentax Full Frame DSLR? extended poll

I want to know a little bit more data about for whom will be pentax full frame.

04-20-2013, 02:08 AM   #2
Banned

But to be honest it also has to be a camera that I can use for the work I do.
04-20-2013, 02:13 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
But to be honest it also has to be a camera that I can use for the work I do.
Consider it's theoretical FF is your fulfillment of a dream camera.
04-20-2013, 03:26 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Can we again extend the extended?

To make the poll have the provision to buy more than one, because I will need to have a back up FF body as well.

04-20-2013, 05:11 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
Can we again extend the extended?

To make the poll have the provision to buy more than one, because I will need to have a back up FF body as well.
I think more than one equals "have money will buy"
04-20-2013, 05:15 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Assuming a Pentax FF initially sells at $2399, then street drops to $1899, I would buy at that price point if it is = or better than a K5IIs is otherwise I can raie that money from sales of redundant lenses and bodies I have now (why do I have 11 50/55's).

I think the more important question is, "Will I buy lenses?"

The answer is, a few but I won't have money after I buy the FF unless I sell all my lenses. .

[EDIT] After the reminder below that this is a dream camera, if the K-mount was not crippled (i.e. aperture lever register enabled), with interchangeable viewfinders and modern flash capability.

But what is the point of a fantasy poll?

Last edited by monochrome; 04-24-2013 at 11:49 AM.
04-20-2013, 05:34 AM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by i83N Quote
I think more than one equals "have money will buy"
OK did that now.

04-20-2013, 05:36 AM   #8
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
"Will I buy lenses?"
I'm kinda hoping they wont mess with the mount and then my current ones will work.
04-20-2013, 05:48 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I would buy IF it works as well with my old Pentax-M lenses as my LX does: Great viewfinder, non-crippled mount, etc. (Of course, not much incentive for Pentax to just a body to work with old lenses.)
04-20-2013, 05:58 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TomB_tx Quote
I would buy IF it works as well with my old Pentax-M lenses as my LX does: Great viewfinder, non-crippled mount, etc. (Of course, not much incentive for Pentax to just a body to work with old lenses.)
Remember it's fulfillment of a dream camera, so no "if" needed.
04-20-2013, 06:07 AM - 1 Like   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Summer:Lake Superior - Michigan Winter:Texas Hill Country
I honestly have to say - "I don't know". It depends on the feature set of such camera and how much it costs. I'm not going to waste money simply for a 24mmX36mm sensor without the feature set that makes use of that sensor.
#1, as noted, is the body has to fully support pre-A lenses just like the film cameras
#2, I want a focusing screen sized like those of the film cameras
#3, I want a focusing screen that supports both current AF style focusing and critical manual focus - - - this isn't a big request as 3rd party screens can do this for current bodies.
#4, it has to work with current non-FF digital lens - I don't need an automated crop mode; I can manually crop in post processing.

and then I want a feature not on current Pentax digital bodies
#5, I want FULL tethering, meaning I can view the equivalent of Live View on my PC (and ideally tablet OSes) and control the camera from my PC.
#6, needless to say, with a sensor this big, it should support 1080p video (24fps and higher) with external stereo sound, with continuous AF and auto-exposure.
04-20-2013, 07:24 AM   #12
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, I'd buy it. I'm too deep into the Pentax system to turn back now. lol
04-21-2013, 12:05 AM   #13

Buying full frame

I would absolutely buy full frame. Most of my lenses are FF, and I using those I can gradually work my way into the new lenses Pentax would presumably make to support the new camera. But the lenses I would keep (my 15mm f/3.5, 24mm f/2, 35mm f/2) would look as they should and that's attractive. If they come out with FF they should transition back to FF for most of their offerings and keep just a few wide angle APS-C lenses for the K-5 and back digital SLRT users. Thenew teles would be easy for both FF and APS-C to adapt to.
04-22-2013, 01:27 AM   #14
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Yes, of course I would buy a $750 K-mount FF camera that is smallest DSLR om market, with best OVF and fastest AF. But I doubt that I ever can get a dream deal like this.

With more realistic expectation it probably take 5-10 years before I get a FF camera (if ever). Until then I probably get a mirrorless APS-C camera to use with speed booster to be able to use my old FF leses the way they where intended.
04-22-2013, 01:45 AM - 1 Like   #15
Veteran Member

Everybody's personal dream camera is completely different. So of the ones that vote that they will be buying an FF Pentax, only a few will actually really do so. And then of those few, only a handful will first adopters. Lots will be waiting for it to appear in the second hand market, or waiting for spectacular pricedrops. (See the K-01.) Those buyers are of no real use to Pentax.

Last edited by Clavius; 04-22-2013 at 01:56 AM.