I have money and will buy FF 7758.33%
I have money but won't buy FF 1410.61%
I don't have money but I want to buy FF 3325.00%
I don' have money and will not buy FF 86.06%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
05-20-2013, 09:03 AM   #31
Veteran Member

I would buy it if it were a camera I was interested in.
It is Pentax's responsibility to make a camera people want to buy...it is not the responsibilty of the consumer to buy a product just because it has a certain badge.

05-22-2013, 04:43 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Assuming a Pentax FF initially sells at $2399, then street drops to $1899, I would buy at that price point if it is = or better than a K5IIs is otherwise I can raie that money from sales of redundant lenses and bodies I have now (why do I have 11 50/55's).

I think the more important question is, "Will I buy lenses?"

The answer is, a few but I won't have money after I buy the FF unless I sell all my lenses. .

[EDIT] After the reminder below that this is a dream camera, if the K-mount was not crippled (i.e. aperture lever register enabled), with interchangeable viewfinders and modern flash capability.

But what is the point of a fantasy poll?
Even an apsc with exchangeable viewfinders would have my attention. Shooting street this week with my waist finder on my LX has been a dream
05-22-2013, 11:20 PM   #33
Pentaxian

Yeah, but the screen would be much smaller, maybe too small to be enjoyable.
05-23-2013, 12:00 AM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wired Quote
Shooting street this week with my waist finder on my LX has been a dream
Just get any model NEX. Their 90 degree or more flippy rear screens are good for that

05-23-2013, 02:57 AM   #35

Pentax Full Frame DSLR

Hi Pentax Users in 'Out There' Land, I've been using Pentax cameras since 1966 on 35mmfilm,35mmDSLR and 645film, for me a full frame DSLR would be a natural development, enabling(assuming a PK+variants) old full frame lenses, it needs to be 16.5M+ and have a faster autofocus system than my K5, soonest here, soonest I buy (after checking technical/operational specifications.
I awaits.
05-25-2013, 11:19 PM   #36

Like most people were saying at first, it would undoubtedly have to have the aperture coupling lever. Nikon has it an it doesn't kill their lens sales. If pentax leaves it out it will be the last straw, and I will finally make the move to sony. Other than that, i'd also agree that it needs to be competitive with quality. I won't really care much if it's not the absolute best, but as long as its not crap. At the moment, pentax and nikon are the only manufacturers that have good backwards compatibility, and sadly nikon has the edge only because pentax thought it would be a bright idea to cripple their mount to save money and sell new lenses. Also it would be nice if they re-released the LX body for a short time, or something like an uncrippled MZ-S.
05-27-2013, 07:02 AM   #37
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by xplus93 Quote
Like most people were saying at first, it would undoubtedly have to have the aperture coupling lever. Nikon has it an it doesn't kill their lens sales. If pentax leaves it out it will be the last straw, and I will finally make the move to sony. Other than that, i'd also agree that it needs to be competitive with quality. I won't really care much if it's not the absolute best, but as long as its not crap. At the moment, pentax and nikon are the only manufacturers that have good backwards compatibility, and sadly nikon has the edge only because pentax thought it would be a bright idea to cripple their mount to save money and sell new lenses. Also it would be nice if they re-released the LX body for a short time, or something like an uncrippled MZ-S.
I still don't get this aperture coupling stuff. Isn't that what old film cameras are for?

We shouldn't want antiquated mechanisms on our modern cameras as much as we don't want atiquated mechanisms on our modern cars. Or are you also angry at Ford for not supplying hand-cranks with their cars anymore?

05-27-2013, 09:07 AM   #38
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
I still don't get this aperture coupling stuff. Isn't that what old film cameras are for?

We shouldn't want antiquated mechanisms on our modern cameras as much as we don't want atiquated mechanisms on our modern cars. Or are you also angry at Ford for not supplying hand-cranks with their cars anymore?
Huh? Old lenses are far more enjoyable to use with the lever. I don't like looking through the lens at F/8 all the time. It'd be like Ford eliminating 'reverse' from their transmissions.
05-27-2013, 03:52 PM   #39

The older lenses are vastly superior in build quality, and in most cases optical quality as well. Also, most of us who have been using pentax for a long time now have a large collection of older lenses. I still buy autofocus lenses, but I still would like to use the ones I have instead of chucking them in the bin because pentax says I can't use them anymore the way they were meant to be used.
05-27-2013, 04:32 PM   #40
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by xplus93 Quote
The older lenses are vastly superior in build quality, and in most cases optical quality as well. Also, most of us who have been using pentax for a long time now have a large collection of older lenses. I still buy autofocus lenses, but I still would like to use the ones I have instead of chucking them in the bin because pentax says I can't use them anymore the way they were meant to be used.
old Pentax lens on new full frame
05-27-2013, 11:39 PM   #41

License Sony's new FF mirrorless chassis. Or their sensor. If a SLR, a 1x or 0.9x viewfinder, it's what made the old MX famous. And yes, K mount aperture coupling, it's supposed to be a serious body, it should just work with as much of the lens library as possible. If possible a full frame SR sensor/astrotracker, although that would be incredibly ambitious.

Last edited by Paul MaudDib; 05-27-2013 at 11:44 PM.
09-24-2013, 05:31 PM   #42
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I think I would just buy a used 645D, perhaps at a similar price point. The lenses can be had for pennies on ebay and the overall sharpness for stopped down shots will be higher than for FF.
09-24-2013, 08:48 PM - 1 Like   #43
Veteran Member

Pentax FF is likely to be $2k to $3.5k depending on specs.

645D will be sharper almost every time, not just when stopped down. Unfortunately it doesn't have much dynamic range, doesn't take pics quickly, etc. Maybe that matters to you, maybe it doesn't.

645D used is, last time I checked, a $5k proposition. The lenses are sometimes cheap and sometimes thousands of dollars, similar to the FF lenses (many of which can be had for $20). Of course cheap 645D lenses will outperform cheap FF lenses.
09-24-2013, 10:41 PM   #44
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Well, 645D is more expensive then 800E or the 5D, but around the price of a Nikon D4 and Canon 1D.
09-25-2013, 12:30 AM   #45

Pentax FF

Some of us kept our FF lenses, as it seemed to be the size which all manufacturers will get to in time,the 'sensor' sized versions, and their persuasive sales pitch to throw away your 'old' lenses and buy 'new' was, to me, a good way to get your money, for 'specially made for sensor size' lenses, then bring back the full frame so you have tho throw away all your 'new' lenses.
Pentax have always made sense over 'previous' mounts (ie 42mm) we can only hope that the philosophy stays for the FF.