Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-20-2013, 01:55 AM   #151
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
There are better ways to commit suicide than to discard your existing market.
Please tell us where anybody anywhere said anything about discarding existing markets? Pentax didn't do that the last time they tried something new, did they? (K-01) I myself certainly don't think Pentax should stop making excellent APS-C DSLRs.

Last edited by Clavius; 06-20-2013 at 02:50 AM.
06-20-2013, 03:25 AM   #152
Pentaxian

You did, in the previous post:
QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Discarding all existing plans and building an FF EVIL does require some extra time.
Or maybe you think such a strong statement, like making the FF EVIL instead of a DSLR will have no relevance to their APS-C userbase?

Just to make it clear what Pentax thinks about it:
One occasion in which Kitazawa-san says no FF mirrorless (for now):
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/201538-dc-watch-inter...velopment.html
"Even though there was possibility to bring FF into this segment, it was our conclusion that APS-C should be the utmost size for mirrorless segment."
"First, we are discussing development of FF SLR. We are touching base with a sensor manufacturer and proceeding the process of development towards production"
Those translated quotes belongs to Kitazawa-san, not to a third-party. You could ask lensroar if he's confident in his translation, if you wish.
06-20-2013, 04:22 AM   #153
Pentaxian

If we must believe every Riki Kitazawa claims in his interviews then we would have both FF and 645 bodies as DSLRs and ILCs to choose from:
Photo of the Day PENTAX Q??????????????

Kinda strange huh, that he first confirms mirrorless FF/645 and then denies it later? Now what does that usually mean? (That's retorical.)
06-20-2013, 04:55 AM   #154
Pentaxian

Who's "Riki Kitazawa"? The Pentax' Head of Business Development is Mr. Toshiyuki Kitazawa, and I'd think his words should have some weight...

As with the last time, when you were presenting the interviewer's words as Pentax promising mirrorless cameras, it means you're wrong. Nope, Mr. Kitazawa never "confirmed mirrorless FF/645". Not even when he was talking about technical issues, like the SLR mirror shock potentially degrading image quality.

06-20-2013, 05:13 AM   #155
Pentaxian

Who's "Riki Kitazawa"? The Pentax' Head of Business Development is Mr. Toshiyuki Kitazawa, and I'd think his words should have some weight...
Google is should be your friend: Google And those are his own words, not the interviewers, no amount of whishfull thinking on your part will change that.
06-20-2013, 05:19 AM   #156
Forum Member

He was joking, as Canon is well known for their photocopiers... and I think they make other products, too

There are better ways to commit suicide than to discard your existing market.
Indeed Kunzite. Thanks for clarifying
06-20-2013, 06:13 AM   #157
Pentaxian

Clavius:
I thought you were talking about Riki Kitazawa, the voice actor
The name's wrong, in any case your link does not call Mr. Kitazawa 'Riki' (but actually omits the first name), and you're claiming that an article containing no quote has Mr. Kitazawa's "own words" (last time you claimed the same about interviewer's words). And somehow you feels like I should be persuaded by this. OK...
06-20-2013, 06:45 AM   #158
Pentaxian

Clavius:
I thought you were talking about Riki Kitazawa, the voice actor
The name's wrong, in any case your link does not call Mr. Kitazawa 'Riki' (but actually omits the first name), and you're claiming that an article containing no quote has Mr. Kitazawa's "own words" (last time you claimed the same about interviewer's words). And somehow you feels like I should be persuaded by this. OK...
This is getting more amuzing by the minute. You still haven't actually read that interview, have you?

Last edited by Clavius; 06-20-2013 at 06:55 AM.
06-20-2013, 07:16 AM   #159
Pentaxian

After I've shown you how you mistook the interviewer's words as coming from Mr. Kitazawa, offering instead a human translated quote in which he talks specifically about developing a FF DSLR (see https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-full-frame/227665-theory-why-ff-ta...ml#post2421836), after I've shown you that you don't even know Mr. Kitazawa's name (a simple matter of searching for the Japanese interviews, identify and read two kanji), after you posted a link to an article which did not contain any quote yet you pretended it did... After all this, you're still asking me if I read "that interview"?
No way you're doing this unintentionally; which means you're just trolling (which also explains your amusement). So, I'll just use one of my favourite quotes: "this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye."