Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-01-2013, 02:27 AM   #61
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If they want to grab some attention, a classical body, FF sensor and huge pentaprism must be part of design.
If they don't do it, Nikon will with digital F2 and steal their thunder.
Which would not surprise me -- Pentax will come late even to its own funeral.

07-01-2013, 05:51 AM   #62
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
Didn't Pentax create exactly such a camera in the digital era? Based on a K10D, but nevertheless... It even sports a Takumar-DA lens

See -- they don't even have to do much to the styling to get a SpotDigiMatic!
07-01-2013, 06:59 AM   #63
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
Pentax will come late even to its own funeral.
The reports of Pentax's death are greatly exaggerated.
07-01-2013, 01:27 PM   #64
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
but disco started in the late 1960s, which was also the time in which bell-bottoms made their first appearance outside of the navy
Perhaps in Australia. I was in high school and there weren't no disco no way. You are correct about bell-bottoms though. Some of us wore bells and some wore super-slims.

Steve

07-01-2013, 01:40 PM   #65
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
This is off topic, but by the way, why aren't we bitching Pentax isn't putting out a digital 6x7? Don't they realize they are in danger of losing that market to Singer for G-d's sake, who will put out an interchangeable digital back for the old Speed and Century Graphics.
Too late I fear. Not made by Singer, but you can definitely get a scanning digital back for Graflok 4x5 cameras, though the scanned area is 7x9, not 6x7.

Digital Scanning Backs for Large Format Photography

Steve
07-02-2013, 10:09 AM   #66
Veteran Member

Original Poster
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/229728-spotmatic-d...nyone-saw.html
07-04-2013, 12:59 AM   #67
Pentaxian

It's a very good thing that peoples tastes vary a lot. And now it's confirmed again that they do. Because I find this neospotmatic thing extremely ugly. Designed in the ages in which people still had hands like LEGO-figures.

It's not unthinkable someone is going to market such a useless device though. It's comparable with the "digital casette player" and "digital record players" devices to convert old casettes and records to MP3... Like just redownloading the music isn't a possibility.
07-04-2013, 04:30 AM - 1 Like   #68
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
It's a very good thing that peoples tastes vary a lot. And now it's confirmed again that they do. Because I find this neospotmatic thing extremely ugly. Designed in the ages in which people still had hands like LEGO-figures.

It's not unthinkable someone is going to market such a useless device though. It's comparable with the "digital casette player" and "digital record players" devices to convert old casettes and records to MP3... Like just redownloading the music isn't a possibility.
Would it help you if it was also a phone

07-08-2013, 11:46 AM   #69
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Endoscopic imaging: an interview with Len Farris, Vice President of Marketing, Americas, PENTAX Medical
09-03-2013, 03:27 PM   #70
Pentaxian

Forget how it looks. Pentax would be cuckoo to introduce their entry into the full frame arena with circa-1963 ergonomics.

The FF, if it comes, will be a professional tool, not a hipster fashion accessory. I love my Spotmatics, but I'd hate to hold one for a 5 hour shoot.

09-03-2013, 08:01 PM   #71
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
Forget how it looks. Pentax would be cuckoo to introduce their entry into the full frame arena with circa-1963 ergonomics.

The FF, if it comes, will be a professional tool, not a hipster fashion accessory. I love my Spotmatics, but I'd hate to hold one for a 5 hour shoot.
I don't think any retro-styled DSLR will come with film advance lever, rewind lever, take-up spool and with no LCD, no slightly curved-in handgrip, no modern materials, etc. Retro looking DSLR does have its place in the world of cameras, especially for folks who absolutely hate handling big zooms and love simple, elegant designs and small prime lenses.
09-03-2013, 10:11 PM   #72
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
I love my Spotmatics, but I'd hate to hold one for a 5 hour shoot.
That is why you use a grip/flash bracket. I have one in the "vintage box" upstairs...very handy to use with many of the older cameras. The slide-on accessory shoe is pretty useless.

Steve
09-04-2013, 10:05 AM   #73
Pentaxian

I don't know how I missed this one. The nano electronics developed for proctological surgery are particularly exciting.
09-04-2013, 09:35 PM   #74
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
If Pentax markets this fugly outdated contraption, I will dump all my Pentax equipment out of pure shame. I won't even sell it out of being afraid anyone notice me ever using Pentax.

I'm sure it was very nice and fashionable, back then in history. Just like disco, bellbottom pants and the volswagen beetle. Lets leave it there.
That Spotmatic is a thing of beauty! If Pentax could release a light weight digital version that looks almost exactly like that then I think they would have a super star product.
09-05-2013, 06:28 PM   #75
Pentaxian

I agree on the details but simply don't see Ricoh's toe in the water in the FF market being such a camera, especially if they are serious about being a top-level camera brand.

Maybe a couple years down the line, such a camera could be the K-01 to a Pro Ricoh/Pentax FF's K-5.

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
I don't think any retro-styled DSLR will come with film advance lever, rewind lever, take-up spool and with no LCD, no slightly curved-in handgrip, no modern materials, etc. Retro looking DSLR does have its place in the world of cameras, especially for folks who absolutely hate handling big zooms and love simple, elegant designs and small prime lenses.