Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-05-2013, 06:31 PM   #76
Marketplace Reseller

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As a male fast approaching the age when such exams will be a yearly occuerence, any technology that results in a reduction in size in the proctological arena is exciting news, indeed.

QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
I don't know how I missed this one. The nano electronics developed for proctological surgery are particularly exciting.

09-07-2013, 04:43 PM   #77

people, if all you want is to use your spotmatics, why not use one of these new digital converters? you know, were you unroll a flexible sensor out of a standard sized 135 cassette which also includes all the necessary electronics and power. you load the sensor just like you would load regular film. no storage, uses wifi. wasn‘t there a new version presented at ifa yesterday? 24 mp and >1/9000 electronic shutter? or the day before?
09-08-2013, 12:20 AM   #78

Early september? Is it now releasd then?
09-08-2013, 03:37 AM   #79
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ms.Information Quote
people, if all you want is to use your spotmatics, why not use one of these new digital converters? you know, were you unroll a flexible sensor out of a standard sized 135 cassette which also includes all the necessary electronics and power. you load the sensor just like you would load regular film. no storage, uses wifi. wasn‘t there a new version presented at ifa yesterday? 24 mp and >1/9000 electronic shutter? or the day before?
Can you please be more specific? What product you're referring to?

09-08-2013, 05:11 AM   #80
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
Maybe this :
Converting film cameras to digital: EFS-1 The technology that almost was (updated) - Olivier "F8" Duong | Documentary & Street Photography
09-08-2013, 07:34 AM   #81

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
sorry for the confusion, i was trying to stay true to the original post…
09-08-2013, 07:48 AM   #82
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
I agree on the details but simply don't see Ricoh's toe in the water in the FF market being such a camera, especially if they are serious about being a top-level camera brand.
I think that maybe Ricoh's version of what success as a camera brand looks like might differ from yours. FF obviously hasn't been much of a factor to them so far because they've given no real indication of when or if they'll ever move in that direction. I'm not saying they never will offer a FF, but since they're coming late to the party anyway, why not out-source an initial offering that will create buzz, reinforce the brand's dedication to its past, and provide a stop-gap until they're ready to release a modern design? More than a digital Spotmatic, this thing almost sounds more like it would take the role the 6X7 played in the film days...large format, basic controls, high IQ.
09-10-2013, 09:59 PM   #83
Veteran Member

I think ESIII has a nice ring- it would go nicely with my ES and ESII. I would like metering in manual mode this time, though. (Just shot a roll with the ES a few days ago.)

Or maybe a FF rangefinder with a nice line of compact primes. Cool but unlikely.