Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-28-2013, 07:16 AM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Full Frame Neo-Spotmatic?

A little bird - one who is rarely wrong about Pentax - told me the FF Pentax will be an exercise in retro-cool: styled like a Spotmatic, but with a K mount (therefore more like a KX) and sporting stop down / auto diaphragm M42 lens support with a dedicated K adapter. The standard lens will be a Ultra-Multi-Coated (U-M-C) Takumar 50/1.4 with an alternate choice of a FA K 24-105mm f/3.3-4.6 zoom.

The body features SR; the entire thing is made possible by Ricoh patented nano-electronics developed for proctological surgery. The sensor is 24MP sourced from Sony.

For modern tastes, the body comes with a removable grip/battery holder that extends the in-body battery life (approximately 40 shots per battery in-camera; 1000 shots with the grip).

The camera will be available in chrome and black; with a IIb version with a dedicated b&w sensor, a la Leica.

Availability early September.

06-28-2013, 07:20 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
There will also be a solar powered Ricoh version of this camera; full lens compatibility will be maintained except for the 58/1.2 Rikenon 3-D lens (the Ricoh version can record 3-D video with this lens) which due to the additional mount connections will get stuck on the Pentax.
06-28-2013, 07:37 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I want some of what this little bird is smoking...or perhaps it is something that grows in a cow pasture
06-28-2013, 07:38 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Far out man

06-28-2013, 08:13 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Yeah, seriously, if Pentax actually makes and releases this it would be a game changer. But I wouldn't dare hope for it, sounds way out there
06-28-2013, 08:59 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Damn - and I was just about to sell all my vintage lenses into the recent price strength. But you aren't the kind of member who would start a BS rumor post just for grins. I also see JCO on eBay has withheld inventory for several weeks now. He usually has 6 to 8 lenses on BIN at a time. Maybe the second-hand market knows something.

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
A little bird - one who is rarely wrong about Pentax - told me the FF Pentax will be an exercise in retro-cool: styled like a Spotmatic, but with a K mount (therefore more like a KX) and sporting stop down / auto diaphragm M42 lens support with a dedicated K adapter. The standard lens will be a Ultra-Multi-Coated (U-M-C) Takumar 50/1.4 with an alternate choice of a FA K 24-105mm f/3.3-4.6 zoom.

The body features SR; the entire thing is made possible by Ricoh patented nano-electronics developed for proctological surgery. The sensor is 24MP sourced from Sony.

For modern tastes, the body comes with a removable grip/battery holder that extends the in-body battery life (approximately 40 shots per battery in-camera; 1000 shots with the grip).

The camera will be available in chrome and black; with a IIb version with a dedicated b&w sensor, a la Leica.

Availability early September.
06-28-2013, 09:07 AM - 1 Like   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Damn - and I was just about to sell all my vintage lenses into the recent price strength. But you aren't the kind of member who would start a BS rumor post just for grins. I also see JCO on eBay has withheld inventory for several weeks now. He usually has 6 to 8 lenses on BIN at a time. Maybe the second-hand market knows something.
from ebay's lips to your ear: have you noticed how many spotties get snapped up instantly on all auction sites... I'm thinking that's Ricoh building up top plate inventory for their 'hyper-retro' version of the camera.

06-28-2013, 11:09 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sounds like a fun rumor, but wouldn't the K-mount make it a Neo-K1000? Come to think of it, "K1000D" seems like a nice name to kick off a new FF line and avoid all that "K-3" nonsense.
06-28-2013, 11:13 AM - 1 Like   #9
Veteran Member

Did that little bird also cross his eyes and say: "KOOOOKOOOO!!!!"
06-28-2013, 11:52 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
"K1000D"
Actually, they plan to call it a SpotmatiK1000D

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Did that little bird also cross his eyes and say: "KOOOOKOOOO!!!!"
The Tuna has spoken. CooCoo bird is in the nest. Repeat. CooCoo bird is in the nest. Proceed as planned.
06-28-2013, 12:09 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

from ebay's lips to your ear: have you noticed how many spotties get snapped up instantly on all auction sites... I'm thinking that's Ricoh building up top plate inventory for their 'hyper-retro' version of the camera.
Hmmmmm. I guess I should pull out the ROR and rubber rejuvenator. And hold on to those 52mm hoods also.
06-28-2013, 02:56 PM   #12

Sounds just like the dream camera for me - totally manual, with a modern exposuremeter, a HUGE screen on the backside - something like 2½" x 3,75".

Oh, and put the time-knob somewhere practical. Not on top of the house like the original.

Jon
06-28-2013, 04:17 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I didn't know Ricoh was into proctological surgery. Well, I guess as they say: "Bottoms up!"
06-28-2013, 04:33 PM   #14
Banned

Hyper-retro — now, that's new.
I wonder whether whoever started this rumour was into hyper-retro too; smoking pure opium or drinking absinth.

06-28-2013, 04:34 PM   #15
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I didn't know Ricoh was into proctological surgery. Well, I guess as they say: "Bottoms up!"
Ricoh's got its fingers in lots of places, it seems.