Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-29-2013, 05:02 PM   #1
Gord

Full Frame Pentax Were Is It

I post about this an hour ago. Toms reply was this subject has been beaten to death.So we should all lie down and die and just keep buying clones. Sorry Tom but this camper want and I am sure I am not the only one pist with Pentax. They can just make a K5 Full Frame. Whats the problem why want they do it. Like I said I will switch to Canon or Nikon they put them out for there followers why want Pentax. As Tom pointed out there are alot that want it but are not saying it loud enough!!!.

06-29-2013, 06:50 PM   #2
Veteran Member

06-29-2013, 06:52 PM - 1 Like   #3

No need we pentax user go from APS-C to Medium format skip full frame
06-29-2013, 07:06 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
If they were actually selling one I probably would have bought it. But it's endless jibber-jabber with them - not even a body under glass at a trade show or well placed press leak. They can't even get a proper translation of their management so we are left with endless interpretations of 'maybe we will do something, y'know we really didn't want to... but I think we should... so probably we'll look at it..." . FFS, that's no way to run a company.

Now Pentax/Ricoh seem to be trying to speed things up, for sure, but their are probably a few challenges in the design. The APS-C mirror box, shutter assembly, and viewfinder aren't the right size, for starters, so they can't just upsize the sensor. I've heard that the older ist's had a ff mirror, but they must have lost the drawings

I was sort of hoping for a FF by now; ie mid-year, but I've decided the next body will be MF since I can actually buy one 'now', and I like the look even more than FF. I'll have to save a bit longer, and it means I probably won't buy the FF when it comes out, whenever that is, 2015 or 2020 or whatever.

If it's FF you want, the D800 is pretty nice... I don't like Canon ergonomics, I find the Nikons are closer to what I like, and the D800 is ok. Kinda spendy with good glass though. (edit - kinda spendy for a teeny 'non-MF' sensor)

06-29-2013, 07:31 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

06-29-2013, 07:33 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

06-29-2013, 07:39 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I thought guests could only post in the visitor section?
06-29-2013, 07:40 PM - 1 Like   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's right where Pentax said it would be - under development.
Take your time and do it right folks, to torment those who fled the Pentax nest a little too soon...

06-29-2013, 07:41 PM - 5 Likes   #9
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Gord Quote
I post about this an hour ago. Toms reply was this subject has been beaten to death.So we should all lie down and die and just keep buying clones. Sorry Tom but this camper want and I am sure I am not the only one pist with Pentax. They can just make a K5 Full Frame. Whats the problem why want they do it. Like I said I will switch to Canon or Nikon they put them out for there followers why want Pentax. As Tom pointed out there are alot that want it but are not saying it loud enough!!!.
Try again when you're sober.
06-29-2013, 08:00 PM - 1 Like   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Time and again I come across Angry Pentaxians--a kind of online game.

Last edited by causey; 06-29-2013 at 08:09 PM.
06-29-2013, 10:11 PM - 3 Likes   #11

06-30-2013, 07:59 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Funny Racer x 69! Where did you get that shot?
Two of my FF's are loaded with B/W and ready to go
06-30-2013, 08:29 AM   #13

QuoteOriginally posted by patrick9 Quote
Funny Racer x 69!
Thank you Patrick!

QuoteOriginally posted by patrick9 Quote
Where did you get that shot?
I stole it off the internet. When I was a m0dErAt0r on a truck driver's forum I found it useful to deal with the daily flame wars and whiners.

I have a whole collection of images to use that help illustrate my posts on iNtErNeT f0RuMz. It makes it much more fun!
06-30-2013, 08:44 AM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

What we have here is a failure to communicate. Begone!
06-30-2013, 09:19 AM - 1 Like   #15
Banned

Closed Thread