Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-17-2013, 08:27 AM   #151
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Look at how smooth that bokeh is, great shot Ron.

08-17-2013, 08:41 AM   #152
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
That's an awesome photo, Ron.
08-17-2013, 08:46 AM   #153
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by NotaxPen Quote
As someone who has used Medium Format exclusively since the early nineties (Until 2011 when I bought my first DSLR, a Pentax K-5) I fully disagree. 1. Action. I can and have taken action photos with Medium Format film cameras,
That's great. I have 3 MF film cameras I shoot reagularly too and have since the late 80's. I tip my hat off to you sir for being able to capture spontaneous action as fast as a say a high end DSLR especially when using telephoto, handheld, with shallow DOF. I really wasn't thinking of setup action shots kind of thing.
08-17-2013, 08:52 AM   #154
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
well ofcourse you can:
You can shoot that with a manual film camera. You have all the time in the world to set the camera up and the diver is on a fixed plane ( going up/down and you only need shutter speed) and you are on a tripod at a fixed location. The shot is great but not really a very challenging action shot for any camera, no?

08-17-2013, 09:10 AM   #155
Pentaxian

Guys, what I'm saying is more like the following shot. This shot is with a Pentax 67 and 300mm lens. This shot is a piece of cake for a modern sports camera. But I set this up aided by electronics I was testing. I had time to meter, focus and everything. But if you had to pick up your MF film/digital camera, aim and shoot the shot at a moments notice it would be more luck than certainty that you'd capture the shot, I feel.

Delta 3200

08-17-2013, 09:51 AM   #156
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
You can shoot that with a manual film camera. You have all the time in the world to set the camera up and the diver is on a fixed plane ( going up/down and you only need shutter speed) and you are on a tripod at a fixed location. The shot is great but not really a very challenging action shot for any camera, no?
Offcourse there are more challenging tasks.

I once used the 645 FA*300mm/f4 lens with adapter on my K-5. So that is more difficult, since you somehow have one hand short to do everything. Wide open, manual focus on a girl biking by:

Same lens, but on 645D

(I read that catpictures and bikinigirls are equaly popular)
08-17-2013, 04:46 PM   #157

Guys, what I'm saying is more like the following shot. This shot is with a Pentax 67 and 300mm lens. This shot is a piece of cake for a modern sports camera. But I set this up aided by electronics I was testing. I had time to meter, focus and everything. But if you had to pick up your MF film/digital camera, aim and shoot the shot at a moments notice it would be more luck than certainty that you'd capture the shot, I feel.

Delta 3200

Nice shot.
08-17-2013, 08:36 PM   #158
bvg

Photos: Albums
But was not sure, biking or bikini

08-18-2013, 04:59 AM   #159
Pentaxian

Offcourse there are more challenging tasks.

I once used the 645 FA*300mm/f4 lens with adapter on my K-5. So that is more difficult, since you somehow have one hand short to do everything. Wide open, manual focus on a girl biking by:

Same lens, but on 645D

A sure sign that the median age ot the population has gotten to be really high. And while that may be true, I'm sure it's not true across every demographic. The fact that in my house one of us like bikini girls and the other likes dog pictures makes them equally popular, but not universally popular in either instance.

Last edited by normhead; 08-21-2013 at 08:37 AM.
08-18-2013, 07:16 AM   #160
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
A sure sign that the median age ot the population has gotten to be really high. And while that may be true, I'm sure it's not true across every demographic. The fact that in my house one of us like bikini girls and the other likes dog pictures makes them equally popular, but not universally ocular in either instance.
Since we moved on to the bikinigirls in this thread:

Fien Callens has just recently become Belgian Champion Beachvolleyball.

Offcourse with a FF camera you could controll the DOF much more then with a simple K-5 Silver Limited Edition..
08-21-2013, 07:44 AM   #161

Delta 3200

Very nice shot Tuco. If only the pup could have been captured with all four paws in the air . . . . . .
08-21-2013, 07:45 AM   #162

Offcourse with a FF camera you could controll the DOF much more then with a simple K-5 Silver Limited Edition..
And we all know it is all about how deep you can get.
08-21-2013, 08:36 AM   #163
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by NotaxPen Quote
Nice shot.
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Very nice shot Tuco. If only the pup could have been captured with all four paws in the air . . . . . .
Thanks. The shot was taken with a remote wireless IR beam switch I made for manual film cameras.
08-21-2013, 10:31 AM   #164
Veteran Member

Very nice shots!

Reading the last several posts, it would seem to me that action was never shot pre auto everything cameras... or if it was, one had to be a) lucky b) know what he's doing or c) both. Of course this is balderdash, I mean, Kodak invented you push the button and we do the rest... surely people have managed...

LOL. Just for fun, some pics from an era when 120 was lumped in with all the other minature formats...

Heck, you could even use a Canon

Eh, you get the idea…
08-21-2013, 10:52 AM   #165
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
The Ricoh GR has snap mode.

Before that no one could take good photos. It was impossible.