Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-21-2013, 11:23 AM   #166
Pentaxian

Planned action with lots of DOF is a different animal than spontaneous shallow DOF. If you know where the subject will be, you can pre-focus on that spot, wait and snap. The bird shot is the only impressive action of those. The snow skier and dirt bike might have been challenging for the shutter speed with that vintage gear but that's about it, IMHO.

Last edited by tuco; 08-21-2013 at 11:33 AM.
08-21-2013, 12:09 PM   #167
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Planned action with lots of DOF is a different animal than spontaneous shallow DOF. If you know where the subject will be, you can pre-focus on that spot, wait and snap. The bird shot is the only impressive action of those. The snow skier and dirt bike might have been challenging for the shutter speed with that vintage gear but that's about it, IMHO.
Reminds me of my grandparents wedding pictures, one of which was them walking down the aisle and i noticed a little matchstick on the ground. I wondered what that was until my grandfather explained that the phtotgrapher used that a prefocus marker
08-22-2013, 05:25 PM   #168
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
Cool link. Thanks.
@LaurenOE - Any subsequent thoughts on this one?
08-22-2013, 05:59 PM   #169
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
@LaurenOE: I recall reading some time ago about increasing resolution using fractal algorithms. A quick search helped me recall the Genuine Fractal product. Have you tried it? There's a free trial download off their website. It isn't cheap at $200, but probably cheaper than changing your system, if it works for you.
Cool link. Thanks.
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
@LaurenOE - Any subsequent thoughts on this one?
I had to find which post I made that in.
I'm never a huge fan of a software solution when it comes to upping resolution.
The suggestion was good, but I decided against it.

Right now, I'm waiting on the "other shoe to drop" when it comes to my next camera to take me into larger format printing.

I'm in the middle of finishing a project/commission - https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/general-photography-industry/234145-penta...und-today.html - and I think I can get by with what I have.

If Pentax does not come out with an APS-C 24 megapixel or something along the lines of the D800, in the coming months, I am going to either grab a K5IIs or buy a D800.

I just can't wait anymore. I am being pulled back into commissions and most of the work will be large printing.
The "artist" I am now working with has more projects lined up and he now thinks of me as "his" photographer.
I am delivering 9 of the images in the above project, and he wants more.
I am already being asked for custom images and posters of what I have already done.

Crazy, right?

I wish I had a Pentax solution between the K5IIs and the 645D, but there is nothing.

08-22-2013, 09:39 PM   #170
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I had to find which post I made that in.
Sorry, I should have linked it.

I'm never a huge fan of a software solution when it comes to upping resolution.
The suggestion was good, but I decided against it.

Right now, I'm waiting on the "other shoe to drop" when it comes to my next camera to take me into larger format printing.

I'm in the middle of finishing a project/commission - https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/general-photography-industry/234145-penta...und-today.html - and I think I can get by with what I have.

If Pentax does not come out with an APS-C 24 megapixel or something along the lines of the D800, in the coming months, I am going to either grab a K5IIs or buy a D800.

I just can't wait anymore. I am being pulled back into commissions and most of the work will be large printing.
The "artist" I am now working with has more projects lined up and he now thinks of me as "his" photographer.
I am delivering 9 of the images in the above project, and he wants more.
I am already being asked for custom images and posters of what I have already done.

Crazy, right?

I wish I had a Pentax solution between the K5IIs and the 645D, but there is nothing.
If the signs and portents are correct, I don't think we've got long to wait for a new APS-C body. Early September is the next opportunity for an announcement at the IFA in Germany.
08-23-2013, 01:55 AM   #171
Pentaxian

IFA or not, I would strongly suggest to wait.
08-23-2013, 05:32 AM   #172
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Wow. Well done Ron.
Dang, Ron. Show us what you can REALLY do… ;-)
08-25-2013, 11:41 PM   #173
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Days ahead of 2013 London show, Ricoh Imaging launches Pentax 35mm FF.

08-26-2013, 12:12 AM   #174
Pentaxian

Is that your way of "sticking to the facts"?