Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-06-2013, 05:31 PM   #31
Banned




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Millstone,NJ
Posts: 6,491
QuoteOriginally posted by tclausen Quote
Ricoh will surprise us all, and release a /real/ FF: a Pentax 67IID....

Right, and it will shoot 3D Imax movies in 8K.

07-06-2013, 07:24 PM   #32
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Washington State
Posts: 398
September 16th 2014 at Photokina 2014.
07-07-2013, 01:26 PM   #33
Site Supporter
SteveTheOldMan's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Central MA, USA
Posts: 62
I know this is blasphemy, but does Ricoh are about whether the Pentax brand lives or dies? Or if develops another 35mm camera? Or am I just getting cynical?
07-07-2013, 02:46 PM   #34
Banned




Join Date: May 2010
Location: Back to my Walkabout Creek
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,541
QuoteOriginally posted by SteveTheOldMan Quote
I know this is blasphemy, but does Ricoh are about whether the Pentax brand lives or dies? Or if develops another 35mm camera? Or am I just getting cynical?
No, you are not cynical. If you want persistency, cool professionalism and a behaviour you'd expect from a real photography oriented company, stick with Nikon. They are the best, they are professionals and will give you best bang for bucks. They won't let you down because they don't have a big copier business they must run too because it gives them most money. On the contrary — Nikon's sole business is photography and they'll do best you get the best — even purchase rights with cash in hands to own certain sensors tech to give it to you before the others do.

However, if you want a life filled with thrill, listen to gibberish oracles though years, and wonder all the time what will happen the next day, join the flying circus of Pentax and Ricoh. They do cameras as a backyard hobby project, when they find some time of course, because their main business is copier and documents solutions business.

07-07-2013, 04:04 PM   #35
Veteran Member
bossa's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 4,546
QuoteOriginally posted by CypherOz Quote
Based an a sauce I cannot divulge... early 2014 due to to delays
Would that be a Tommaytoe or Tommartow sauce? It's about time we had a real Tabasco Sauce isn't it?
07-07-2013, 04:08 PM   #36
Veteran Member
bossa's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 4,546
QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
No, you are not cynical. If you want persistency, cool professionalism and a behaviour you'd expect from a real photography oriented company, stick with Nikon. They are the best, they are professionals and will give you best bang for bucks. They won't let you down because they don't have a big copier business they must run too because it gives them most money. On the contrary — Nikon's sole business is photography and they'll do best you get the best — even purchase rights with cash in hands to own certain sensors tech to give it to you before the others do.

However, if you want a life filled with thrill, listen to gibberish oracles though years, and wonder all the time what will happen the next day, join the flying circus of Pentax and Ricoh. They do cameras as a backyard hobby project, when they find some time of course, because their main business is copier and documents solutions business.
Who's designing Pentax lenses these days because their 'prime' designers now work for Nikon, Sony and Tamron according to Rice High. How ironic is it that Jun Hirakawa now works for Tamron and Pentax will be, quite possibly, hiring them to design a few of their new lenses.
07-07-2013, 04:42 PM   #37
Banned




Join Date: May 2010
Location: Back to my Walkabout Creek
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,541
QuoteOriginally posted by bossa Quote
Who's designing Pentax lenses these days because their 'prime' designers now work for Nikon, Sony and Tamron according to Rice High. How ironic is it that Jun Hirakawa now works for Tamron and Pentax will be, quite possibly, hiring them to design a few of their new lenses.
There is always young talent. They are not burdened with past. I really would like Pentax to be a smart, future oriented brand. And with all due respect to mr Hirakawa and all others whose names are dragged around by rumourmongers and wisecrackers, I'm personally sick reading such "news" over an over again, like the whole destiny of a company and the brand circles around two or three people.
Life goes on. Pentax will buy and rebrand Tamron lenses, so Hirakawa's work will be honoured again. But I would really want lots of historic baggage and myths to be left behind.
07-07-2013, 04:59 PM   #38
Veteran Member
bossa's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 4,546
QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
There is always young talent. They are not burdened with past. I really would like Pentax to be a smart, future oriented brand. And with all due respect to mr Hirakawa and all others whose names are dragged around by rumourmongers and wisecrackers, I'm personally sick reading such "news" over an over again, like the whole destiny of a company and the brand circles around two or three people.
Life goes on. Pentax will buy and rebrand Tamron lenses, so Hirakawa's work will be honoured again. But I would really want lots of historic baggage and myths to be left behind.
Just in case that was directed at me: I wasn't rumour mongering and/or wisecracking.

Obviously one hopes that talented people are always available and I'm sure that is the case in a country like Japan.


Last edited by bossa; 07-08-2013 at 07:32 PM.
07-08-2013, 04:49 AM   #39
Site Supporter
SteveTheOldMan's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Central MA, USA
Posts: 62
QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
No, you are not cynical. If you want persistency, cool professionalism and a behaviour you'd expect from a real photography oriented company, stick with Nikon. They are the best, they are professionals and will give you best bang for bucks. They won't let you down because they don't have a big copier business they must run too because it gives them most money. On the contrary — Nikon's sole business is photography and they'll do best you get the best — even purchase rights with cash in hands to own certain sensors tech to give it to you before the others do.

However, if you want a life filled with thrill, listen to gibberish oracles though years, and wonder all the time what will happen the next day, join the flying circus of Pentax and Ricoh. They do cameras as a backyard hobby project, when they find some time of course, because their main business is copier and documents solutions business.
Funny thing is, I almost did change. Came down to $$...it was cheaper to upgrade my Pentax system than to totally start over.
07-08-2013, 06:49 AM   #40
Pentaxian
Pål Jensen's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Norway
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,143
QuoteOriginally posted by bossa Quote
Who's designing Pentax lenses these days because their 'prime' designers now work for Nikon, Sony and Tamron according to Rice High. How ironic is it that Jun Hirakawa now works for Tamron and Pentax will be, quite possibly, hiring them to design a few of their new lenses.
While Hirakawa is behind some intriguing lenses, liike 43 Limited and the 77, he certainly isn't among my favourites among Pentax lens designers. Things like the FA* 200/4 Macro and the 31 Limited are designed by other teams at Pentax and represents their pinnacle in my optinion.
07-08-2013, 09:07 AM   #41
Emperor and Senpai
VoiceOfReason's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Nashville, IN
Posts: 5,414
I need a girl before I can pick a date. Or maybe I need to go to a date farm before I can pick one, but then I would have to pick many dates, because one isn't enough.
07-08-2013, 01:47 PM   #42
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Alexandria VA USA
Posts: 315
QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
I need a girl before I can pick a date. Or maybe I need to go to a date farm before I can pick one, but then I would have to pick many dates, because one isn't enough.
I was in rural VA over the weekend and saw a TV advertisement for 'Farmers Choice' dating service - because city folk just don't understand. You could try them if you're the farm sort.
07-08-2013, 02:39 PM   #43
Site Supporter
Stone G.'s Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North Zealand, Denmark
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,516
QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
— Nikon's sole business is photography and they'll do best you get the best —
Hmmm....Binoculars&Telescopes,Steppers&Scanners, Microscopes, Surveying Instruments......: Nikon | Products & Support
07-08-2013, 03:28 PM   #44
Banned




Join Date: May 2010
Location: Back to my Walkabout Creek
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,541
QuoteOriginally posted by Stone G. Quote
Hmmm....Binoculars&Telescopes,Steppers&Scanners, Microscopes, Surveying Instruments......: Nikon | Products & Support
Optics. Yes. Thank you.
But not rhino size copiers.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
full-frame, pentax
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K30 Date and Time resets to default debkim Pentax K-30 & K-50 4 12-09-2012 04:44 PM
help! pentax K-M requires adjust date time all time carl zeiss Pentax DSLR Discussion 9 10-05-2012 07:27 PM
Looking to pick up a 55-300mm (questions) mojoe_24 Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 11 10-21-2011 08:09 PM
Travel a Date to Remember Bob Harris Post Your Photos! 14 08-06-2011 05:26 PM
Quick question: burning time & date info on a photo brkl Digital Processing, Software, and Printing 2 05-21-2009 03:34 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:50 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top