Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-08-2013, 05:40 AM   #1
Banned

Pentax Full Frame , what does that mean ?

It looks like some people don't have a clue what exactly a full frame DSLR is and I guess this section is a waste of time if people don't know what the discussion is about, amazing ! I have not seen this problem on the Canon, Nikon or Sony forums so I guess since Pentax does not make a full frame DSLR and only APS-C DSLRs it has them in a confused state of mind.

07-08-2013, 05:45 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well, people also debate the attributes of other mythical creatures like unicorns and no one gets on them. My attitude is just back away slowly from all FF posts and no one gets upset.
07-08-2013, 05:52 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Pentax Full Frame doesn't even exist. So the meaning of it cannot be debated. Pentaxians can only debate if their frame is half full or half empty. And tell each other that's not the size that matter, but what you do with it.

On a more serious note:
QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
It looks like some people don't have a clue what exactly a full frame DSLR is and I guess this section is a waste of time if people don't know what the discussion is about, amazing ! I have not seen this problem on the Canon, Nikon or Sony forums so I guess since Pentax does not make a full frame DSLR and only APS-C DSLRs it has them in a confused state of mind.
I've had a D600 user tell me what a mighty pro-looking camera I was wielding... Which was my trusty K-5. That's the type of user that is completely oblivious about the gear he uses, walks into a camera store and asks very very very good camera. There are A LOT of those around. (Off course, store-presence is required.) And in all the PF debates about wether if Pentax FF is viable, those users are not included.

Last edited by Clavius; 07-08-2013 at 05:59 AM.
07-08-2013, 05:57 AM   #4
Banned

Original Poster
The listing must look confusing to some but I thought it was correct to me.

07-08-2013, 06:05 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
It serves its purpose of confining all the smartie theories, build my camera wannabies, unhappy ppl in this virtual asylum.

Actually in Pentax's context, it reads:
'Pentax's Fools Frame'

07-08-2013, 06:12 AM   #6
Banned

Original Poster
I have seen many great full frame shots in the "PentaxForums.com → Off-Topic Forums → Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. → Some Full-frame shots & thoughts " section but I did not see anyone ask "what is a full frame" there so I guess it's not confusing when it's in a Non-Pentax Cameras section.
07-08-2013, 06:14 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Pentax FF DSLR could come in both 35mm and 645 format.
07-08-2013, 07:48 AM   #8
Banned

Original Poster
40mp Pentax FF DSLR !

PENTAX - 645D Black

07-08-2013, 07:49 AM   #9
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Actually, that is a "cropped" medium format (645).
Closed Thread