Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
07-21-2013, 02:35 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
all this wait is just killing me

some days i feel like Cartman waiting for the Nintendo Wii to come out lol

07-21-2013, 03:05 PM   #2
Veteran Member

If it was important you can already buy a full frame camera for a few years now, so i doubt it is important
07-21-2013, 05:30 PM - 3 Likes   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Anvh Quote
If it was important you can already buy a full frame camera for a few years now, so i doubt it is important
you have such a way with words, and not in a good way
07-22-2013, 10:36 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Is dat een compliment?

You don't know me personal, so i'm quite sure you have no idea what you're saying.
If you know my condition then i dare you to find someone who is better with words in a foreign language with the same condition.
good luck

Last edited by Anvh; 07-22-2013 at 10:51 AM.
07-22-2013, 10:46 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Is dat een compliment?
Ouch ... anything doing with the "FF" word is just plain painful nowadays ... J
07-22-2013, 11:04 AM - 1 Like   #6
Veteran Member

As long as nobody gets hurts then who cares?

About FF, why is nobody concerned about FF 645 camera?
07-22-2013, 02:09 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
About FF, why is nobody concerned about FF 645 camera?
I am!

07-22-2013, 08:16 PM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
I am!
I am too. The crop factor makes my two essential lenses nearly useless for their intended purpose.
07-23-2013, 02:21 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Has anybody any news, the 645D is not a young camera in more, it might and should be due for an upgrade right?

and i'm hijacking the thread....
07-23-2013, 02:49 AM - 1 Like   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Is dat een compliment?

You don't know me personal, so i'm quite sure you have no idea what you're saying.
If you know my condition then i dare you to find someone who is better with words in a foreign language with the same condition.
good luck
Your English is fine; probably much better then the Dutch of the rest of the forum members here anyway.

And I agree with you. We only live once, and we live much too short as well. So, if anybody wants an FF camera, and they can afford it, then they should just go out and get one.
07-23-2013, 05:04 AM   #11
Banned

Photos: Gallery
Has anybody any news, the 645D is not a young camera in more, it might and should be due for an upgrade right?

and i'm hijacking the thread....
There is only a need for an upgrade when there is a new affordable sensor available for Pentax.
07-23-2013, 09:32 AM - 1 Like   #12

I shot a wedding with the K-5, the 15, 31, and 70mm Limited lenses, plus the 50-135 zoom. While the image quality was great, it missed focus a lot in backlit situations. Due to the size of the view finder, I was not able to accurately use manual focus. Also the TTL flash system left a lot to be desired in low light, although the IR sensor on the flash did help the AF a lot.

Because I shoot wide open a lot, and back lit a whole lot, these were pretty big issues. I switched to the D600, the Zeiss 50mm 1.4, and the Sigma 35mm 1.4. Couple that with the fact that the F100 is available for my film work, the current K5II model would still not be ideal, despite the AF imporvements.

Honestly I would shoot 99.9% of my digital professional work with the 31, 43, and 77mm lenses, if I could use them on a full frame body. Since the Limited primes are pretty much in line with the quality you get from Zeiss, the AF would be a welcome convenience, and I'd be able to see the focus more clearly in the shot. Actually if they had a good 'crop mode' I'd probably swap the 77 for the cheaper 70mm 2.4, and I'd love to keep using the 15mm f4 wide angle. The current Sigma and Tamron zooms for full frame would easily fill in for other users the gaps while Pentax designs a line up.

The K-5 design set up they have now is fantastic system, I just happen to be part of the small pro user group that needs what full frame actually gives you, better finder, better image dimensionality using wide open lenses for portraits (I don't really care about absolute resolution, and don't think it's critical to my work). I love Pentax, especially my 67II, but man, the only way I could switch back is if they make this flippin full frame camera! I feel like when using an optical finder camera a large sensor is a must. And i'm not a full frame snob, as I love APS-C cameras like the X100, the electronic finder option makes the smaller sensor a non issue. If I wasn't shooting the kind of work that I do, the K-5II would be more than enough, but seriously they need to make a full frame camera so I can switch back. If they do what they do now and buy the Sony 25mp sensor, I'll even still enjoy the great dynamic range that I'm getting now with whatever magic pixie dust Pentax applies to push it that much further.

Seriously I'd love to have one flash for a Pentax MZ-S, K-? full frame, 645N, and Pentax 67ii. Pentax, please, make this happen for me.
07-23-2013, 10:26 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sperdynamite Quote
I shot a wedding with the K-5, the 15, 31, and 70mm Limited lenses, plus the 50-135 zoom. While the image quality was great, it missed focus a lot in backlit situations. Due to the size of the view finder, I was not able to accurately use manual focus. Also the TTL flash system left a lot to be desired in low light, although the IR sensor on the flash did help the AF a lot.

Because I shoot wide open a lot, and back lit a whole lot, these were pretty big issues. I switched to the D600, the Zeiss 50mm 1.4, and the Sigma 35mm 1.4. Couple that with the fact that the F100 is available for my film work, the current K5II model would still not be ideal, despite the AF imporvements.

Honestly I would shoot 99.9% of my digital professional work with the 31, 43, and 77mm lenses, if I could use them on a full frame body. Since the Limited primes are pretty much in line with the quality you get from Zeiss, the AF would be a welcome convenience, and I'd be able to see the focus more clearly in the shot. Actually if they had a good 'crop mode' I'd probably swap the 77 for the cheaper 70mm 2.4, and I'd love to keep using the 15mm f4 wide angle. The current Sigma and Tamron zooms for full frame would easily fill in for other users the gaps while Pentax designs a line up.

The K-5 design set up they have now is fantastic system, I just happen to be part of the small pro user group that needs what full frame actually gives you, better finder, better image dimensionality using wide open lenses for portraits (I don't really care about absolute resolution, and don't think it's critical to my work). I love Pentax, especially my 67II, but man, the only way I could switch back is if they make this flippin full frame camera! I feel like when using an optical finder camera a large sensor is a must. And i'm not a full frame snob, as I love APS-C cameras like the X100, the electronic finder option makes the smaller sensor a non issue. If I wasn't shooting the kind of work that I do, the K-5II would be more than enough, but seriously they need to make a full frame camera so I can switch back. If they do what they do now and buy the Sony 25mp sensor, I'll even still enjoy the great dynamic range that I'm getting now with whatever magic pixie dust Pentax applies to push it that much further.

Seriously I'd love to have one flash for a Pentax MZ-S, K-? full frame, 645N, and Pentax 67ii. Pentax, please, make this happen for me.
amen to that
07-23-2013, 10:54 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sperdynamite Quote

You're one of the fews sadly.

But talking about profesional... what about pentax support to profesionals???
07-23-2013, 10:56 AM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
There is only a need for an upgrade when there is a new affordable sensor available for Pentax.
They can place a model higher then this one of course.
They should also come with tethering program for in the studio, they said it will come when they launched the 645D...
Closed Thread