pentax full frame

any news about it?

08-22-2013, 12:00 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
None

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-22-2013, 12:45 AM   #3

Photos: Albums
i canceled insurances ... HAND OUT THE CAMERA!!!
08-22-2013, 12:56 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by houtahassan Quote
pentax full frame
And there's was me thinking you knew something.

08-22-2013, 05:00 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Who needs any real news of an actual Pentax full-frame?

Pentaxians, as this forum shows, have been able to talk for years about full-frame in the abstract. So by now, Pentaxians have exhausted the subject.

If a real Pentax FF does arrive one day, little about it will be news, since every possible FF feature and technology likely to turn up in the camera has already been discussed to death. Most Pentaxians will probably just yawn, and only pretend to be interested in the new camera.
08-22-2013, 05:33 AM   #6
Veteran Member

True, it is bound to be a great disappointment, what with all the talk about the chimera being something unique/different in the marketplace. Me, I'm waiting for the Texas WG style underwater FF in orange.
08-22-2013, 08:18 AM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Me, I'm waiting for the Texas WG style underwater FF in orange.
Perhaps the Nikonos V will do while you wait.

08-22-2013, 08:33 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Perhaps the Nikonos V will do while you wait.
that's exactly what I had in mind, but stopped myself from the blasphemy of suggesting the Pentax use the Nikonos mount...
09-03-2013, 07:38 PM   #9

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
that's exactly what I had in mind, but stopped myself from the blasphemy of suggesting the Pentax use the Nikonos mount...
It can be done on NEX mirrorless cameras with a Nauticam housing and Nikonos-mount port.
09-04-2013, 09:38 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
None
So he says with a big smile!

Honestly though, I would be a little shocked if Pentax announces a FF. They just recently announced an updated DA line of lenses. Hence, body must follow.

Unless... they are banking up everything FF related and we'll have product release explosion!
09-05-2013, 02:32 AM   #11
Veteran Member

There hasn't been any Pentax full frame news since October, 2003, when the MZ-D was canceled due to the cost making it not viable for Pentax's target market. Since then, just rumors, speculation, and whining.
09-05-2013, 04:03 AM   #12
Pentaxian

And Pentax saying they're working on it
09-05-2013, 04:28 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MPrince Quote
There hasn't been any Pentax full frame news since October, 2003, when the MZ-D was canceled due to the cost making it not viable for Pentax's target market. Since then, just rumors, speculation, and whining.
Developement and production costs still don't make a Pentax FF DSLR viable today. The only thing that changed in that time is that their target market has become even smaller, due to people leaving the Pentax system. Unless they have have found a way of seriously cutting the costs.
09-05-2013, 08:43 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Developement and production costs still don't make a Pentax FF DSLR viable today. The only thing that changed in that time is that their target market has become even smaller, due to people leaving the Pentax system. Unless they have have found a way of seriously cutting the costs.
Actually, Pentax target market is steadily increasing. Doesn't matter how many leave the brand. What matters is that more poeple join them than leave them.
09-05-2013, 09:21 AM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
And Pentax saying they're working on it
Don't know if that qualifies as news. They worked on the MZ-D too, and nothing ever came of it.

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Developement and production costs still don't make a Pentax FF DSLR viable today.
Which may explain why, 10 years later, there is no Pentax FF DSLR.

QuoteQuote:
The only thing that changed in that time is that their target market has become even smaller, due to people leaving the Pentax system.
That may or may not be the case, depending on whether or not the number of people leaving the Pentax system exceeds the number joining.