View Poll Results: Full Frame September 5
Yes 108.62%
No 10691.38%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-06-2013, 07:58 AM   #31
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Colbyt Quote
Pentax toy store. Juvenile junk. How exciting.
I expect it will sell poorly in Kentucky (and Wisconsin) but will do well in Asian markets, at least at first. Might be a one-time product to test a product line concept or technologies.

If Pentax were to aim to develop and sell only standard and sure-to-sell products, it would fail. Oh, wait. I just described a recent era in Pentax history ..... But we seem to be moving out of it at the speed of a large but well-intentioned corporate bureaucracy. I'll settle for that for now.

09-10-2013, 07:48 AM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
it's the 10th of September and ending soon in where I am, and still nothing. =))

I just wish I could sneak into the Pentax factory in Cebu..
09-10-2013, 11:18 AM   #33
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kozlok Quote
Yes, they will do the full frame. Twitch has already leaked the back panel. The exciting bits at the front will be groundbreaking, as promised, and like no other digital camera before. I have been authorized to leak this photo of their prototype unit:
Last weekend in using my 4X5 the person next to me asked me if it was large format and a couple of other questions but it was not until I pulled out a film holder that he said Oh you are shooting film. Guess he thought cameras like the one you posted did shoot digital (yes there are scanning backs for them)
09-10-2013, 04:27 PM   #34
Pentaxian

If past experience is anything to go by then the annoucement date of the K-5 successor will be from the date of the first leak plus 2 to 4 weeks.

09-10-2013, 05:31 PM   #35
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by twitch Quote
If past experience is anything to go by then the annoucement date of the K-5 successor will be from the date of the first leak plus 2 to 4 weeks.
I'm amazed you can remember so far back.
09-10-2013, 05:54 PM   #36
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I'm amazed you can remember so far back.
Maybe you can remember better, I don't know, but it seems every single Pentax DSLR is leaked beforehand, more than a week, but not months in advance.

EDIT: Oh, you were being sarcastic perhaps. K-5 was released 3 years ago not 4 by the way.
09-10-2013, 07:16 PM   #37
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by 6BQ5 Quote
Pentax announced a (updated) line of lenses and flashes. That tells me they might announce a new camera to accept those new accessories. So, my guess is a K-3 (or whatever you want to call it) with a 20MP APS Sony sensor.
I agree.

I find it interesting the new Olympus stays at 16 MP's. And it has wi-fi.

File size is coming into play as to sensor limits.
09-10-2013, 09:18 PM   #38
Forum Member

More gimmicky junk for the slovenly masses, bleah, holding nose, trying to tend to a bleeding nose from that socking me in the face.

09-10-2013, 09:45 PM   #39
Veteran Member

Hmmm. I think the big mistake the person starting this poll made was to specify the September 5 date. If it had just been left as Full Frame tomorrow, yes or no, sooner or later someone might be right. Or not.

BTW, a retailer friend has hinted at late September and/or early February as possible significant dates for announcements. I lean toward late September as the K5II has been substantially discounted in this region for a while- long enough to approach the end of the lead time I've seen for previous new bodies. Of course, the approach to timing might be different under Ricoh.
09-10-2013, 11:31 PM   #40
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Well I for one, don't want to see a new model for quite some time. I've just bought a K5 II, and I want to remain current for at least a month or two, or until I've read the manual, whichever comes first.

Regards
09-11-2013, 01:08 AM   #41
Site Supporter

If a new model comes I'll be happy for Pentax's future. If it's FF, even better for all the Pentaxians that'll be staying aboard, all the "pros" that will take Pentax seriously, and all the naysayers it will shut up.
As for me, I'll still be happy with my K5IIs. At least for a while.
Frankly, I'd rather have a GR
09-11-2013, 01:47 AM   #42
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by twitch Quote
Didn't the K-3 and K-3s leak in April?